Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DISCOVER UNIVERSITY: ULTIMATE STUDENT CHALLENGE - DAY 11 - UPDATED FEB, 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Karababy52 - What a a great chapter.
    I almost shed a tear that she was done. Now I have to brave it alone. I really enjoyed her story. She did so well. I am a slowpoke player and writer. Work gets in the way! lol If you have a chance to do it again, what degree would you choose? Congrats again Daphne - you rock, girl! And can't wait to see her Tiny Living Home.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SoulGal7 Aww, honestly, so did I! It seemed to go by so quickly. o.O Thanks, I enjoyed playing and writing it too. Yeah, I don't work, semi-retired, so have a lot of free time on my hands, most of the time. :)

Hmm, I don't know, maybe robotics? Really want one of my students to build a robot at some point, haven't done that yet. My first student is currently in the Computer Science career after earning a Distinguished Degree for it. Her job involves making parts on the robotics station, so she might ultimately build one. She's built the arm for herself so far, but that's it.

What degree would you pursue?

I've put Daphne on hold for now until I get the Tiny Living pack, but as soon as her home is built, I'll post pics of it. :) In the meanwhile, I've started another R2R DU save with a completely randomized guy on full autonomy (God help me!). I had him apply for Uni almost immediately after he dug up just enough for the fee. He hasn't applied for scholarships yet. I'm trying my best to limit him to just the cooking skill and once he gets to level 3, he'll apply for those.

His randomized name is Harrison Wing; traits - Art Lover, Geek, and Foodie! Was really happy the randomizer gave him that one. lol The only thing I changed on him was his eyebrows, hairstyle and clothes. I used styled outfits for him using only DU assets when possible. He's trying for the Academic aspiration. He'll pursue a Culinary degree.

I'm planning to let him have A LOT more fun than my other three students. He'll care about grades, but won't be as... focused/nose to the grind stone as the other three. lol Plus, he'll have a roommate in the dorms and hopefully interact more with his dormmates too. Oh and I'll let him eat whatever he wants, which might be a bad idea. We'll see... Should be interesting to see what happens with him.

Excited to read the next chapter for Hailee! Have a great rest of your weekend! :)
  • Options
    Hi simmers! Another chapter is up for Hailee in the #UltimateStudentChallenge. Today is Saturday and she starts her part-time job. What else will she be up to? Find out more in the chapter below. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Enjoy!

Discover University: Ultimate Student Challenge Sims 4 - Day 7

off-to-her-1st-day-of-her-pt-job.png
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - I am actually thinking of making a sim in story mode. Hopefully, they will get either the materialistic or evil trait. Then I want them to do all the "wrong" things in uni to see what happens, like cheating on the final exam. Bad, bad, bad! lol I want to explore more of Foxbury and maybe have them switch careers halfway through to get into robotics. Try to do something different than what I normally do.
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Yep, that's almost exactly what I'm going for with Harrison. I want to switch up the way I've played Sims in Uni so far in every way possible to challenge myself and see if they can STILL get straight A+. But, even if they don't, I'm not going to be too fussed about it. The whole point this time is to challenge myself to do some things in ways I never have before in ANY save file. Well, except starting out R2R style. I can't help it, I love starting out that way with my Sims. It's just so much fun seeing them progress from nothing to either very rich or at least comfortable and happy with no worries about the bills. :)

Story mode Sims can be a lot of fun, I've had several and enjoyed playing all of them. It's fun trying something new, moving away from your comfort zone from time to time. :) I was actually going to try another challenge, any kind of challenge, but couldn't find one that either I hadn't already played, or piqued my interest. I enjoy playing with Sims in Uni so decided to try this. I say go for it with a Story mode Sim going to Uni. I might just try that myself! Good idea! <3

BTW, I'm hoping Harrison will go to Foxbury too. I like that campus a bit more than Britechester. The Commons is much nicer for one thing. It's not a very bike friendly campus, but I don't plan for Harrison to have a bike anyway. He probably won't be a bad boy though, cheating and such anyway. He'll definitely have more than one romance though. lol We'll see how it goes. Playing a totally lax, evil cheater does sound fun though. Might have to try doing DU with a student like that as well. Have fun and I hope you post about it in your blog so I can read it! ;)
  • Options
    Oh Jeez, got so excited about your post after, I didn't see you'd posted for Hailee again. Off to read... ;)
  • Options
    Great chapter! Poor Hailee though...
    Pfft, and you called me out for not letting Daphne have any fun then send Hailee to a debate in the red. lol Bummer she didn't get to the Debate in time though. Fun she got to know her roommate a little better though. He is quite hunky. :) Love that shot of her practicing her presentation with everyone listening to her. Very cool. :) I'd heard asking for critique from others would increase charisma, but I've never tried it. I've had students practice presenting it though.

I've never had students swim on campus yet, but I've had townies go swimming when one of my students was trying to fish. lol Probably why Carter didn't catch much.

I've noticed that there isn't very many collectibles in DU either, which is a shame. Are you seriously thinking about having her join the Secret Society? o.O Holy Simoly, she is really going all out with her Uni experience eh? lol Go Hailee! Just wanted to hug her seeing that pouty face. She's so darn cute!

Love reading Hailee's experience at Uni, it's so different than Daphne's! <3
  • Options
    Hi simmers! Another chapter is up for Hailee in the #UltimateStudentChallenge. Today is Sunday and Hailee heads to Foxbury campus. Why? Isn't she supposed to be studying for her exams tomorrow? Find out more in the chapter below. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Enjoy!

Discover University: Ultimate Student Challenge Sims 4 - Day 8

servo-is-kind-of-mean-to-her.png
  • Options
    Oh boy Hailee, good luck on your exams!
    Really though, I wouldn't worry. None of my Sims have ever studied using a computer or bought the study books and they've all gotten A+. However, I had no idea that supposedly reading the study guides twice will help with their grades. That's an interesting tip I'll keep in mind.

Congrats to Hailee for getting the job promotion! If she doesn't have time to do any gardening and wants to increase the skill to Level 2 quickly, have her buy the first Gardening skill book. I think they're only $75 simoleans. That's what I did for Daphne. :)

Whoa! That's a lot of spoiled food! Luckily Daphne had a neat freak dorm mate who was quick about cleaning up around the dorm. I saw an occasional spoiled plate or two, but not very often.

Great idea about forming a study group with her dorm mates. Does Hailee get sad about pranked statues because she's in the Spirit Corp? Daphne ran by a pranked statue dozens of times and never got that moodlet.

Too bad she got busted for trying to prank the stadium. Funny how it was the Mascot that caught her. lol Too bad she got so distracted, pranking, fishing, collecting and the Utili Bot thing. I'm guessing she'll do just fine on her exams though. As long as she's completed her homework, got to class on time, and has been diligently increasing her skills for the class (like writing that book last minute, that'll help), she should pass with flying colors. *crosses fingers*

Incidentally, I wonder why the Servo got so mad. Hmm... maybe because they can die by going in the water? Nah, that couldn't be it. ;)

Excited to find out how she did on her exams next time. Have a great week! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Good morning simmers! A new chapter is up for the #UltimateStudentChallenge. It's exam day and Hailee is not feeling her best. Will she make it through her exams or is this the end of the challenge for Hailee? Read about it and find out. Comments and suggestions welcome. Enjoy!

Discover University: Ultimate Student Challenge Sims 4 - Day 9

will-she-get-that-A.png
  • Options
    Aww, man, poor Hailee! :(
    Bummer she literally got sick over exams. Daphne was uncomfortable, but she never got the moodlet to get sick, thankfully! o.O Very cool she went to the Foxbury Commons to study. I really like their Commons better than Britechester's. Britechester's is nice, but everything just seems so... I don't know, old? Which I guess is the point, it's been around longer, is more 'distinguished' for lack of a better word, and Foxbury is a lot newer, more modern. *shrugs*

I wish we could know how they did on exams right away somehow rather than just having to wait until the end of the term. Can you even visit Office Hours to get your Professors take on how you're doing after the classes are finished? Never tried it.

Love that she ended up pranking the statue before she left. lol Go Hailee! :p Here's hoping she did well and doesn't get sick for her last two exams.

Guessing next time we'll find out her term grades, Good Luck Hailee! *crosses fingers for A+* <3
  • Options
    Good evening simmers! It's the last day of Term 1 and Hailee attends her final two classes. What are her final grades? Will she be able to continue in the #UltimateStudentChallenge? Read more here! Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for reading. Enjoy!

Discover University: Ultimate Student Challenge Sims 4 - Day 10

hailee-was-finished-Term-1.png
  • Options
    Yay! I've been waiting for this! :)
    Congratulations to Hailee! I knew she'd do it, good girl. Happy to see her friends arriving at her new dorm house to cheer her up! I think it's fine that you had her 'get' gifts from former dorm mates. I've done that before and so have others. I didn't this time with Daphne only because she wasn't in need of simoleans. I love the painting skill/aspiration, but they make so much money so fast! o.O I usually avoid it for R2R Sims, but meh...

Whoa! Three classes in one day? Sheesh, never had that happen before. Good thing she doesn't have to do a presentation. She's going to be a very busy girl! :)

Looking forward to the start of Term 2, Good luck Hailee! <3
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @Karababy52 - Thank you for reading and commenting. Term 2 is going to be tough with those 3 classes in one day. I was trying to finish the new aspiration, but not sure I will be able to. Hailee is stuck on attending those 3 guest lectures, because (1) I always forget the times they are, even though I have them written down, and (2) they cost simoleons. Plus, she's always doing something else, like homework, writing term papers, doing her presentation or doing organization tasks. And, of course, let's not forget, eating, sleeping, and showering. lol If it weren't for a reward potion now and again, I don't know how anyone could do it. Thank goodness she has her club for socializing. Maybe I should have been more focused with her from the start of this challenge to see if I could also complete that aspiration. Oh well.

Edit - And the part-time job! lol
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 You're welcome! Hailee has a lot on her plate now from the sounds of it, and you forgot her job in that list of things she needs to do. o.O I'm impressed she's been able to handle it all and pass with flying colors in the first term! I'm betting she'll get through this time too.

Gah! I know what you mean about that aspiration and the lectures. My first student had that and she didn't finish it until after she'd graduated because I kept forgetting to go too. The tutoring takes up time as well, about 4 Sim hours each session if I remember correctly. They do get paid for it, but it's not much, maybe 80 simoleans or so. They get a lot more when tutoring from a computer once they're able to do that though.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask if you'd used any potions too and also what lifespan you're using for her. I don't know how anyone gets through Uni either without the potions, or a better bed. At least Sims can upgrade them now if they have the handiness skill. Daphne's lifespan is set to long. My other students I turned aging off while they were in Uni.
  • Options
    Good morning simmers! Another chapter is up. Hailee has moved to Darkwing House and it's the start of Term 2. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Enjoy!

Discover University: Ultimate Student Challenge Sims 4 - Day 11

fishing-after-class.png
  • Options
    Great chapter!
    Oh! Never thought of using Rally the Troops to fill needs, very clever. I'll have to remember that! I really like the mini reno you did on Darkwing house. Some of them were similar to my own. I can kinda/sorta understand not having a stove in the dorms, but it's silly not to have one in the houses in my opinion. Oh well...

Hailee's class schedule is a killer. Happy to read she still got the same message for all three classes even if only 50% finished with homework for the third. Maybe given her record, she got credit for at least trying to finish it? Don't know how that works.

Yay! So happy she finally got the residence scholarship! Daphne never did get that one. I'm mystified at the criteria for that. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Congrats to Hailee for being able to get a laptop, but sheesh, they are SO expensive. Why? None of the other laptops with the exact same skill level ratings cost that much. *shrugs*

Interesting tale about Larry the Lobster (of course I had to read it). I guess it explains the rivalry a bit more. lol Good luck to Hailee this term, she's going to need it! o.O

Can't wait for the next chapter! :)
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - thanks so much for reading. Work kind of got me side-tracked on writing this, but have played through a bit, just have to write the chapters.
  • Options
    No worries, whenever you have time. I understand real life responsibilities always come first. :)