Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• Options
    ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    Thanks for all the great information. 5
  • Options
    taschatascha Posts: 52 Member
    > @lindaatjuh said:
    > Did you know you can order three more types of pizza?
    > Shame that you can't order any other food for delivery like thai food though.

What types haha
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    You also earn good money being a guest speaker. My sim earned a couple thousand as a guest speaker for an engineering class.

How to you become a guest speaker?

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    You also earn good money being a guest speaker. My sim earned a couple thousand as a guest speaker for an engineering class.

How to you become a guest speaker?

Click one of the class rabbitholes that says "Attend Guest Lecture." If your sim qualifies, you'll also see an interaction like Be Guest Speaker for...

I don't know what the qualifications are, but my sim had a distinguished engineering degree with honors, and he was an engineer at the time.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    All credit to bixters and MoonfoxNightcry for this one. But using the roommate feature you can build a whole community for your sims to live in.
    Just have some separate cabins, townhouses, mobile homes or huts with a bed or two to assign the roommate to, make the homes only accessible to them and bang, a community is born. Or a no fuss buffet for your vampire sim.
  • Options
    lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    tascha wrote: »
    > @lindaatjuh said:

What types haha

Kebab, sweetcorn and tikka masala 🍕
  • Options
    taschatascha Posts: 52 Member
    lindaatjuh wrote: »
    tascha wrote: »
    > @lindaatjuh said:

What types haha

Kebab, sweetcorn and tikka masala 🍕

Oooh yum. Haha
  • Options
    Liam3379Liam3379 Posts: 1 New Member
    My simself graduated from his second degree but I've forgot to take down his first degree diploma from the wall when I moved out. Is it possible to get back? Also am I able to see what degrees my sim has previously completed?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Liam3379 wrote: »
    My simself graduated from his second degree but I've forgot to take down his first degree diploma from the wall when I moved out. Is it possible to get back? Also am I able to see what degrees my sim has previously completed?

Idk about getting the degree back, but to view his past degrees you can if you go to the panel that shows your Sim’s traits/responsibility and all that. It has its own drop down in that section.
  • Options
    Liam3379 wrote: »

If you used the sell furniture option when you moved out, just send your sim back to the lot, knock on the door and drag the diploma into his inventory. This works only if another family is living there. If not, move a family in or temporarily move your sim back into the house just to get the diploma.
  • Options
    AnthalyaAnthalya Posts: 2 New Member
    I didn't read through all the pages of Did You know but when i first played DU, i played on my laptop. My sim was in the Culinary Arts major. I let him do a mixology elective. Some time after that he did a charisma elective. All of a sudden my sim was granted a mixology degree. I don't have any pictures right now. However, ... i played on my desktop and nothing happened... so i was wondering if anyone knows how to obtain said mixology degree. It's not possible to go about it the normal way... as in study for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Anthalya wrote: »
    I didn't read through all the pages of Did You know but when i first played DU, i played on my laptop. My sim was in the Culinary Arts major. I let him do a mixology elective. Some time after that he did a charisma elective. All of a sudden my sim was granted a mixology degree. I don't have any pictures right now. However, ... i played on my desktop and nothing happened... so i was wondering if anyone knows how to obtain said mixology degree. It's not possible to go about it the normal way... as in study for it.

You get a mixology certificate by taking mixology electives or using the phone interaction to take mixology classes. Someone said you have to do it 11 times to earn one. However, there's currently a bug where no matter what electives/classes you take your sim will still earn a mixology certificate. Many of my sims have it despite never taking the right classes for it.

So to sum it up: have your sim sit in on any class you want at least 11 times or take electives. That how it works for now until the bug is fixed.
  • Options
    shortcatshortcat Posts: 2 New Member
    Once I only ate quick meals from a mini fridge that I bought on the campus kiosk (I live in the university house/dorm), and my sim got uncomfortable for it for a long period of time. I’m just too lazy to wait for the loading screen to get my food from the campus cafeteria :smiley:

So, my tip is: I discovered that behind the common area (Ubrite Commons) near the river, there’s a picnic area with a grill. Go there and cook something, put it in your inventory, and storage it in the mini fridge. It’ll lasts for 5 days, and you could save yourself from eating too much quick meals or wait through the loading screen :wink:
  • Options
    shortcatshortcat Posts: 2 New Member
    If you live with roommates, you might see them cleaning dirty things inside the house/dorm. You could choose the ‘thank you for cleaning’ interaction inside the ‘roommates’ bubble afterwards. It doesn’t add much, but it is just a nice thing to do!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know you can argue about showing affection in public places to roomates in college? I think it's under friendly.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2019
    Did you know you can argue about showing affection in public places to roomates in college? I think it's under friendly.

Is it? Swore it was under the roommate option pie chart as well as Thanking them gor repsiring snd cleaning to compliments. That and fuss at them for any messes :)
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Is it? Swore it was under the roommate option pie chart as well as Thanking them gor repsiring snd cleaning to compliments. That and fuss at them for any messes :)

Oh yes my bad it's under roommate.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    To Catloverplayer, I know, I meant the game assigned a stranger to sleep with my sim and they wouldn't. They kept getting out of bed until one gave up and went somewhere else.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Just for fun (and it has been) I put a shower, keg, radio, dance floor in Peppers place and made clothing optional and had my painter sim hang a flirty painting there. Let the fun begin.
  • Options
    thesimseveningsthesimsevenings Posts: 16 Member
    [quote="SelinaKyles;c-17312933"]Someone mentioned if you go out, the roommate may tag along and a message will say something along the lines of “so, where are we going”.

I hope someone makes a picture thread soon, I don’t want to make it, but would love to see pictures. [/quote]

Yes, it happens. And I am so thankful for it when I had a fresh and single Sim going to university. I just keep having socials with the tag buddy. And it helped my needs greatly.
  • Options
    The Utili-Bots are amazing. I released a party bot in Sixam and even though I can’t build there without a cheat, my Sims get to party. And we did alien party. Super amazing world to have fun in.
  • Options
    If you play two Sims in the same university who stay on their home lot,
    and then you get both Sim to the university, if one Sim goes to class, and the other goes back home, and you follow the one home,

it makes the Sim in class “drop out” of class and get a bad comment for that class. Usually, this kind of drop out could mean less than A in the final grade.
  • Options
    The same scenario of two Sims in the same university (different degrees).

On the day of final exam, if you travel out with the Sim not taking the exam, and you let the one at home just get a “off to class” notification (like a standard work notification), that Sim does NOT take the exam.

So annoying even though the exam Sim is punctual and attend the class fully.

The Final Exam bar does not mark as 1/1 and turn yellow. It is just crazy.

I exited without saving and refrained from bringing my other Sim off the Home Lot before/during the Exam Sim’s exam. I had to play the exam again.
  • Options
    I think the current codes for DU is very restrictive when you want to have fun.

Makes it so hard to play University Sims in a large household.

If one wants to go for exam, your screen must be on the Home Lot all the time? 🥺
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I think the current codes for DU is very restrictive when you want to have fun.

Makes it so hard to play University Sims in a large household.

If one wants to go for exam, your screen must be on the Home Lot all the time? 🥺

If you go to Uni from home you go to Uni from home, which will be a rabbit hole much like if you went on campus and did the same thing. Nothing really different other than location. I found going to Uni from home pretty easy.

Your sim will automatically go to their final exam where ever they might be.
    5vJrxmT.png