Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Veronaville (Theatre Game Pack)

jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Maybe Strangerville and Strangetown are not exactly the same. But let’s be honest: the Sims 4 version was at least inspired by the quirky Sims 2 base game world. So I think we need a Veronaville Game Pack as well. (Of course, with a different name for both the pack and the new world. Padua Hills? Stratford? Hamlet? Just spitballing.)

This pack would add some medieval architecture (some players had their hearts set on this for RoM, but we got art nouveau instead), a new French/Italian/Danish/pastoral themed world.

And in addition to some drama-centric Shakespeare-inspired pre-made households, I think the pack could explore Theatre and writing/producing/watching Plays. Like what’s more Shakespearean than theatre itself?

We get a new Thespian Career with two branches: Director and Playwright. Maybe a freelance “Community Player” career as well - for sims that want to act but don’t want to Get Famous. Either a new Theatre lot type, or at least a stage object or build feature which we could add to lounges, museums, arts centers, and/or parks.
*I am realizing, Thespian would make a good Freelance career: the gigs you choose can be set building (handiness required), set design (painting required), stage managing (logic?), Community Player (Comedy), directing (charisma), play writing (writing).

I’m not sure what all theater/drama/play driven gameplay would entail. If you have ideas or suggestions definitely feel free to add.

Or maybe we could go in another direction as well and add fairies?

Also, let me be clear: I’m aware I’m an amateur and am not planning on pitching this pack idea to EA, so if you are only here to post, “this will never work/get made/be popular” please exclude yourself from this discussion. Thank you for being civil as oranges.
Post edited by jadonbakes on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Thespian career:

As a playwright, you write plays. First you pick a genre (and the higher your skill or experience, the more options are unlocked): Comedy, Tragedy, Romance, History, Epic, etc. Based on the genre you choose, you can pick and arrange scenes in chronological order for your play (the more skill, the more selection): kissing, battles, secret meetings, monologues, death scenes, etc. (I personally don’t mind if they recycle animations from Get Famous). Some combinations of scenes work better, but the better quality your plays are, the better your sim becomes at writing them.

As Director, your sim chooses the setting of the play (In space? Wild West? Dystopia?), the costume design (like Dine Out staff CAS) and perhaps the emotions your player sims will have when they act out the scene. The better quality your overall direction, the more options you unlock and the better your sim becomes at directing.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I like this. But maybe RenFaire themed? With street performers, Color actors, a new and bizarre range of food and trinket booths, acts like juggling, fencers, the Fire Whip, in addition to musicians playing new instruments (recorders, lutes, dulcimers)

And a Tilt yard for Jousting.

I could relive my high school summer job...
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    > @DaWaterRat said:
    > I like this. But maybe RenFaire themed? With street performers, Color actors, a new and bizarre range of food and trinket booths, acts like juggling, fencers, the Fire Whip, in addition to musicians playing new instruments (recorders, lutes, dulcimers)

Why not a time travel expansion with a world located in the past and another located in the future?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited October 2019
    jomilej wrote: »
    > @DaWaterRat said:
    > I like this. But maybe RenFaire themed? With street performers, Color actors, a new and bizarre range of food and trinket booths, acts like juggling, fencers, the Fire Whip, in addition to musicians playing new instruments (recorders, lutes, dulcimers)

Why not a time travel expansion with a world located in the past and another located in the future?

A time travel expansion could be cool, but this is about a theater expansion. Which, if it doesn't have a world attached, could work a lot like jadonbake's original idea, pretty much as written (maybe a few expansions, and possibly being more heavily dependent on Get Famous than many would be comfortable with.)

With a world attached ... a Renaissance Faire is basically a couple hundred Fantasy and theater nerds and geeks doing improvisational street theater for eight-Plus hours a day for one to eight weekends of the year. (More if they're a traveling act that hits multiple faires per year.) So attaching a Ren Faire world (which could get away with only 5 or so lots probably better than either Glimmerbrook or Forgotten Hollow) feels like a natural fit to me.

And it is a pack that's not farming that could introduce horses. (Jousting!) Though perhaps not as interactively as some would want...
  • Options
    SarcophiliaSarcophilia Posts: 1 New Member
    I am genuinely sad EA didn't choose to add some of the OG families into strangerville that they had in strange town. They were my most favorite to play as a kid because I was a little weirdo and still am. I could always recreate them myself but I feel like that would take away some of the magic and nostalgia.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I am genuinely sad EA didn't choose to add some of the OG families into strangerville that they had in strange town. They were my most favorite to play as a kid because I was a little weirdo and still am. I could always recreate them myself but I feel like that would take away some of the magic and nostalgia.

@Sarcophilia I think Maxis did remake a bunch of original Strangetown families that you can download off the gallery under the EA Account ID "Maxis". There’s the Spectres, the Grunts, the Curious family, the Beaker family, which I believe are all from Strangetown. I hope I just made your day!

But, I would love to see a return (to the Gallery) of The Summerdreams, the Capps, and the Montys, etc. as well.
    Post edited by jadonbakes on