Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which of those 3 World Adventure neighborhoods would you prefer a remake in a Vacation GP?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
This poll is about the worlds that come with The Sims 3: World Adventures, so... If you don't want any of those, there is no need to rain on other people's parade. If you choose to participate, share with us what you want to be changed, what you want the devs to keep from the original, what you don't want or want from Jungle Adventures/Outdoor Retreat, etc... Thanks.
Post edited by Karon on

Which of those 3 World Adventure neighborhoods would you prefer a remake in a Vacation GP? 35 votes

Shang Simla
22%
Goldmoldarsims2freak737PlayerSinger2010Strangerthanmock68MVWdeZTRememberJoy_000key 8 votes
Champs Les Sims
48%
Frn0731Kita5399jeepjeepcatThunderbat87AnmirlaAalyahReedLustianiciaDillynJamesChampandGirlieMoonfoxNightcryannaliese39QueenMercysmurfy77SERVERFRATomasGrizzlyMaddieplaysgamesFitcheur 17 votes
Al Simhara
28%
IdontrcallGalacticGalelanorbretonsimfriend1968simmietimefullspiralPotterheadSimAirakaleAtreya33SimAlexandria 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    We've had those already - want new ones. If i want to play them I just go play Sims 3.

I wouldn't mind going to other worlds with some of what those offered - but just new destinations and new experiences - not the same places.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    None of the above, because those were already done. Besides that, if for some reason they did for TS4, it would be an extremely watered-down version, because that is the way they do things in TS4.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Shang Simla
    I'd love to have an Asian inspired world to visit and explore. But to be honest I mainly picked it because I'd love to see a return of the martial arts skill. We got a taste of it in StrangerVille, but it's pretty simple and you can only spar if you're in the military career. Maybe instead of China, they could base a vacation world on Japan just to mix it up a bit.

A close second is Champs Les Sims, as I loved the nectar making skill. But I can see this being added to a different type of world or pack more easily than martial arts skill.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Writin_Reg I wish it was that easy, not everybody can go back and play Sims 3. Like Sims 1 and 2 its getting to the point where Sims 3 is not compatible with modern computers. I get your point, we all want new things prioritized, but the truth is that if Sims was from another company instead of EA we would have both old features from previous iterations and new features available for us to play with. EA not only makes Sims hard to produce, they waste thousands of work hours that were input in previous games. The games should be made backward compatible from the beginning, as well as adding converted assets with new ones to make Packs even bigger and cooler than they are now.
    but, hm... if i was to choose a new world, would be something similar to Venice with lots of romantic stuff to do.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Shang Simla
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    None of the above, because those were already done. Besides that, if for some reason they did for TS4, it would be an extremely watered-down version, because that is the way they do things in TS4.

I agree with you. :) even though I voted.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Champs Les Sims
    I want French-Italian type world to bring back nectar-making, bread-baking and smartzy-artzy (glass-blowing, jewerly, pottery wheel and whatever else can be added)!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Champs Les Sims
    For the nectar making.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Shang Simla
    I wouldn't say I want a REMAKE of any of those worlds, but I would like an Asian-inspired world back. And hopefully they don't actually call it part of whatever real world country it's based on. That just feels odd in TS3.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Al Simhara
    I will say a word of praise for Egypt, because I really loved the design and atmosphere of those tombs, especially the sphinx one where you had to go to get a cure from being cursed by a mummy. I also liked the mummy fights with the high risk of being cursed if your sim lost: they felt consequential. The food looked appetizing too, and the statuary, objects, furniture and plants were all gorgeous there more than anywhere. They all made great additions to museums. Really, I wouldn't mind having all of these worlds back, especially the nectar-making and martial arts skills, the harvestables, and the recipes. WA was absolutely one of my favourite packs for TS3.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Shang Simla
    I would have clicked on all three if I could, I love the adventures and would love them in sims 4.
    Some new adventure worlds would be good too, maybe a snow one 'Simland' where the sims could stay in tents, igloos and ice castles. Explore ice dungeons and come up against Yetis, avoid or befriend penguins and polar bears.
    Eat snow cones and different fish dishes, ride on sledges and snow mobiles, learn to ski. It could be really pretty and fun.
    Or maybe an Australian one where you learn to throw a boomerang, play a didgereedoo. Learn Australian recipes and explore Australian tourist places like Ayers Rock with tombs underneath and fish/swim in billabongs.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Champs Les Sims
    love the whole feeling .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I don't want any more vacation worlds. I don't use the ones we have and I need more neighborhood space in my main game.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I would love to see these worlds again, especially Not-France. It'd be the perfect honeymoon destination. It's also different enough from all the other vacation worlds we have right now.

But I'd rather have Not-Japan from Sims 2, because I freaking love traditional Japanese architecture and fashion.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    I would love to see these worlds again, especially Not-France. It'd be the perfect honeymoon destination. It's also different enough from all the other vacation worlds we have right now.

But I'd rather have Not-Japan from Sims 2, because I freaking love traditional Japanese architecture and fashion.

@Gordy I would love Not-Japan (hahahaha?) too, i believe it was called Takemizu village. I would want some premade families living in there btw, i hate that Selvadorada has no premade families, jsut some random ugly townies. It felt like the devs don't care enough for the latin/indigenous people of South America to care creating families to live there.

@LordOfTendons I would enjoy more if all worlds outside the one we choose to live could be vacation spots, and if we move they stop being vacation. Its more interesting this way. Or make all of them liveable.

@mock68 those ideas would be awesome... I wish all worlds had some exploration related stuff (not like Sulani, more like Selvadorada, but not TOO in your face, sometimes you just don't want to be Lara Croft all the time), and that we could have vacation homes there, this way we could live in Selvadorada/Granite Falls or any future vacation, and all worlds could function like vacations too! Oh, that would be amazing.

@simfriend1968 yeah, Al Simhara was really special back then... I love the houses around the world too, and the citizens... they were all really well made.

@Anmirla i would be so happy to have so much stuff for my sims to do in my game, so many hobbies!!! Maybe Champs Les Sims remake as the Hobbies EP world?! hm?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Al Simhara
    Al Simhara looks most interesting. But the tombs are probably to similar to selvadorada temples so the team has to do something new in that scenery.

An Asian destination is also on my list of favourite destinations. Preferably more the like sims 2 vacation destination, I liked sending my sims there to meet the ninja and learn teleportation.

Champs Les Sims is a nice setting but I would prefer it as a residential world. Perhaps because in real life France is much closer than let's say an oasis spring type of place.

I would really like new destinations as well but I really hope if we get one more, it will feature real hotels which we can run ourselves and edit (personnel uniform, rroom service offers,...) just like restaurants.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Al Simhara
    mock68 wrote: »
    I would have clicked on all three if I could, I love the adventures and would love them in sims 4.
    Some new adventure worlds would be good too, maybe a snow one 'Simland' where the sims could stay in tents, igloos and ice castles. Explore ice dungeons and come up against Yetis, avoid or befriend penguins and polar bears.
    Eat snow cones and different fish dishes, ride on sledges and snow mobiles, learn to ski. It could be really pretty and fun.
    Or maybe an Australian one where you learn to throw a boomerang, play a didgereedoo. Learn Australian recipes and explore Australian tourist places like Ayers Rock with tombs underneath and fish/swim in billabongs.

Ooh, a snow one would be awesome!

I would love a whole heap of different style vacation worlds. My sims spent quite a lot of time in Egypt, followed closely by China. I wasn't fond of the France world that much, it was too ordinary.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Champs Les Sims
    I'll add my vote for a variation on a French/Italian world. I agree with people who wouldn't want an identical remake of previous worlds even if drawing from the same themes. I'd be happy to see Egypt and traditional East Asia represented. I'd also be open to some new types of worlds.

I've mentioned an African theme before. JA is very interesting and it would be cool to see some interesting parts of the world with new skills and visuals. Others have mentioned snow, maybe an Iceland vacation world?
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    All and expanded even more with different cultures around the world.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Champs Les Sims
    A Sims 4 Paris set in around early 1700s with all the hairstyles, clothing, objects & NO CELLPHONE.