The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods by bienchen83/sims4me

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,513 Member
    Thank you @83bienchen! I see you also updated Situation Outfits, yay!! Thank you so much, that was quick!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 221 Member
    Hey Bienchen!
    The dogwalkersinotherworlds mod doesn't work for me with the horse ranch expansion.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    Hey Bienchen!
    The dogwalkersinotherworlds mod doesn't work for me with the horse ranch expansion.

Hi aelias24! Is it not working in *any* worlds or just not in the new one?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 221 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    Hey Bienchen!

Hi aelias24! Is it not working in *any* worlds or just not in the new one?

My sim lives in Willow Creek.

Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Hi Bien not sure if you saw my edit to my last post but the paireddancingtweak still messes up the cowpoke group dance , with it in they do not dance in formation like they are supposed to but just dance all over the place
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Thank you all!

@plumboy23: I'll have to do some testing and get a preview picture so I'll need some time.

@julienrob2004: I saw it, just don't have aby free time except for weekends. I'll reupdate today, missed two lines of coding.

@aelias24: The updated version will go live today as well. I finished testing last night.

@luthienrising: It's completely broken right now, no dog walkbys anywhere. Updated version will be online later today.
    Also, shorterdogwalks ist obsolete as EA shortened the time for walking dogs themselves and did it in a completely different way, so that mod needs to be taken out, otherwise you'll have dog walks lasting for mere in game minutes.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Thanks @83bienchen ! <3
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Thanks Bien and thank you for all you efforts with mods that make the game playable
  • Options
    Morning, @83bienchen! I've got a well-tested report that NAP Overhaul is causing random skill gain. I can send you the full details if you like!
  • Options
    Thanks, @luthienrising. Do you happen to know which module causes it? I'd be very much interested in the full details, thanks!
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Thanks, @luthienrising. Do you happen to know which module causes it? I'd be very much interested in the full details, thanks!

I don't, but I'll ask. I've got more other info, though! There's a game bug that behaves similarly: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-get-random-skills/td-p/12399661. However, the tester said that with that bug they generally get just one or two one-level skills (Charisma and/or Selvadorian Culture), and with this they were getting LOTS of them, and they were being added to Horses at the same time. BUT it's not been reproduced by another player yet. I'm going to post asking for more reports because the report I *do* have was well tested. Scarlet isn't convinced she sees anything in tuning either to cause it.

• Options
    Another report for your list too @83bienchen ! I've got a tester who says that FewerAutonomousIntroduction is hiding one introduction menu.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I don't, but I'll ask. I've got more other info, though! There's a game bug that behaves similarly: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-get-random-skills/td-p/12399661. However, the tester said that with that bug they generally get just one or two one-level skills (Charisma and/or Selvadorian Culture), and with this they were getting LOTS of them, and they were being added to Horses at the same time. BUT it's not been reproduced by another player yet. I'm going to post asking for more reports because the report I *do* have was well tested. Scarlet isn't convinced she sees anything in tuning either to cause it.

This does not seem like a bug at all to me. Sims can very well earn skills while not being played, this is a feature of TS4. I see how my mod could contribute in that because most NAPs will make Sims earning some skills faster than usual. I added some more skills that would fit in the right categories (like nitting for the creative NAP). So if a player uses a lot of NAPs, they might discover that Sims (played and unplayed) will gain some skills faster.
    That doesn't explain that the skills were added to horses. I also see nothing in the code that would allow for that. Sims will still have to do something that levels the activity, which horses can't.
    Also, there are reports of people getting this *bug* with only a handfull of mods installed (mine excluded).
    I never noticed it myself and I'm always playing with this mod.

The introduction one might actually be by design. I added some additional tests to some of the introductions I felt should not be available alway. If I knew which introduction is meant, I could explain what restrictions I added and why.
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Hi there @83bienchen ! I noticed you said usesmalltelescope was updated in Luth's thread, but wanted to let you know the date for it in your list says 2022-07-31 (was wondering how I missed it lol)
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    Hi there @83bienchen ! I noticed you said usesmalltelescope was updated in Luth's thread, but wanted to let you know the date for it in your list says 2022-07-31 (was wondering how I missed it lol)

Thanks a lot, I corrected it.
  • Options
    @83bienchen I'm going to send my report folks here to finish working out what's intentional! Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks, @luthienrising. I'm not quite sure about the random skills bug. It's also discussed on the German Forums by Simmers who I know do not use NAP overhaul. Also I've been unable to reproduce this in my save so far. I was unable to get any Sim or horse with random traits.
  • Options
    Sims randomly getting the Selvadoradian Culture Skill is actually not a bug, but caused by them drinking the patched in Horchata drink at a bar or lounge.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Bienchen, you're a godsend
  • Options
    Sims randomly getting the Selvadoradian Culture Skill is actually not a bug, but caused by them drinking the patched in Horchata drink at a bar or lounge.

Yeah, it the application to horses that I think is the main issue.
  • Options
    I still didn't get any horse with human skills yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    While I have still not been able to get a single horse with any skills, I reupdated napoverhaul nonetheless and in the process blocked all buffs that come with this mod for animals. Please be aware that the part of NAPs I haven't tweaked will still come without this restrictions by EA default standards (as do the buffs I now tweaked).

I also updated needylivestocktweak. If you continue to have any problems with that one, I'd be glad if you'd leave a note as that mod is not part of my personal gameplay.

Just a little heads up on the frequent whimoverhaul updates. I'm currently tweaking stuff like infant and Horse Ranch related whims, not fixing gamebreaking bugs, so don't worry. Also, as I only use existing EA text strings for the mod so you can enjoy in your native language without needing translations, I sometimes have to tweak things when EA removes or changes existing text strings (just did that for the toddler slide whim).
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
  • Options
    irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    Hi @83bienchen I hope you are doing well. I wanted to make a mod suggestion if that is okay. One of the most annoying things I encounter in my game is when my sims turn on the stereo autonomously but to a station with music they dislike. It drives me batty to see their moods change and then I have to check what they are listening to. I do not know if it is possible, but if there is a way to run a check on the likes/dislikes of music limit what stations the sim autonomously listens to, I think that would be great. I am just beginning with modding so this is far beyond my current capabilities but it seemed like something you may be interested in or at least consistent with the mods you develop. I understand if it cannot be done or you are not interested in it. I just thought I would throw it out there. I absolutely love your mods and there are many that I just cannot enjoyably play sims without. Please take care of yourself and thank you for considering this suggestion.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid the autonomous radio channel choices are not made in the tuning files, though, they're scripted.

By the way, there have been several updates during the last few weeks. My personal favorite are the callandvisittweak and noagingatbirthdaypartyinvite updates. I was finally able to revive invitations, those had been broken by EA for quite some time.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
  • Options
    irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid the autonomous radio channel choices are not made in the tuning files, though, they're scripted.

Okay, that makes sense. One would think that EA would use the likes/dislikes in choosing such things, but then again, they still have not fixed the dachshund (and other long-bodied, short-legged dogs) or the washer and dryer breaking. Thank you for letting me know. I just love your mods. You mentioned two that I use along with your washer/dryer fix. :smiley:

Take care!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top