Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you make a curved roof like this?

lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
I saw a great house on the gallery with great roofing, so I'm trying to figure out the technique to make a similar roof. Here's the pic:

Py5Bzp2.png

In the pic, there are two round balls on the right and left sides to control roof curvature. When I place a gabled roof and try and get a similar curve, I only have one ball on each side to control curvature so I can't flatten and straighten out the right and left ends of the roof.

qhYVGOY.png

Does anyone know how to get more curvature controls on the roof?

PDWxp40.jpg

Comments

• Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    yes sorry I can't remember the exact button, shift click on the roof or something like that, sorry i cant be of more help i haven't played in a while <3
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Thanks @leashahampton; I did try the shift to control the length of the roof edges, but still couldn't get another curvature control. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    I just looked it up, its shift + C when you click on the piece of roof you want to change, and then the other roof points/movers come up
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    Thanks @leashahampton! You're a life saver! It was driving me crazy about not being able to figure out how to make that curved roof!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Chloe94Chloe94 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone help me I want to build a curved roof like this one, I’m using sims 4 on PlayStation 4 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to bring up 2 curvature options. Is this possible? I assumed it was as a pre created lot I placed in newcrest had used roofs like this. Please help!
  • Options
    Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Chloe94 wrote: »
    Can someone help me I want to build a curved roof like this one, I’m using sims 4 on PlayStation 4 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to bring up 2 curvature options. Is this possible? I assumed it was as a pre created lot I placed in newcrest had used roofs like this. Please help!

Months later and I'm having this issue on xbox. I want to curve top and bottom of roof, but only get the option to curve it once! Please help someone!
  • Options
    Dr_WoohooDr_Woohoo Posts: 7 New Member
    Same problem here.
    As far as I can tell they never bothered to bring 2 point control to roofing on console.

> @Gamer12 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Months later and I'm having this issue on xbox. I want to curve top and bottom of roof, but only get the option to curve it once! Please help someone!