Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims don't use umbrella when taking dogs for walks?

My Sim doesn't do that, and she always ends up soaking wet with a negative moodlet when she comes home. Is this normal?

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Does he have an umbrella and use it otherwise ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Yes my Sim has a blue umbrella which is taken out when not taking dog for a walk, and doesn't when taking dog for a walk. My roommate doesn't do it either, and she has an umbrella too.
  • Options
    Did you see any NPCs use theirs ? Will need to test this
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Same happened to me.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Do they use them when they go for a jog ? Haven't tried that either.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    I haven't seen any NPCs walking dogs in my neighbourhood so I can't confirm anything. They do walk around with umbrellas by themselves.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2018
    There should be more anoraks with hoods and Sims with dogs should choose them to wear in bad weather. There is one in CAS.

I never took an umbrella when I took my own dogs for a walk {(except a heavy one late at night to the park. (protection)}! One also has to carry water in hot weather, leads, and doggy poop bags as well as a ball plus ball thrower. I live in a windy city and umbrellas are useless most of the time.
  • Options
    OK I took my dog out on a jog, and nope, she still doesn't take out an umbrella. Once she stops taking dog for a walk, she takes out the umbrella. I went to the bay to see if NPCs were walking their dogs with umbrellas, but it wasn't raining so I couldn't test.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Same here . Though the sim might use their left hand for the umbrella but they don't unfortunately. Was hoping they'd use it. Also, does anyone know if Sims prefer to hold the umbrella with their left or right hand, since I know some of them have a hidden quirk of being left handed or right handed.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Just buy the anorak with a hood for walkies. It's there.
  • Options
    I dunno what an anorak is, haha. I assume it's a clothing item? That mean I have to change clothes to it everytime I take my dog out in the rain?
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah my sim has an umbrella in their inventory but it doesn't pop up when walking.
    hLCCMFZ.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe with the right handed/left handed thing, they can only carry one thing at a time. Have you tried walking with the dog but no leash in the rain?
  • Options
    tobumon wrote: »
    I dunno what an anorak is, haha. I assume it's a clothing item? That mean I have to change clothes to it everytime I take my dog out in the rain?

You must live in a hot country where you can dry off quickly. Here we get rheumatism! :(

It's a waterproof coat with, usually, a detachable hood. It comes in summer or winter varieties. You will find one like this in the CAS items as they showed it in the livestream.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited June 2018
    Anoraks are called parkas in the US. Or we just call them raincoats.
  • Options
    tobumon wrote: »
    My Sim doesn't do that, and she always ends up soaking wet with a negative moodlet when she comes home. Is this normal?

Did you try putting a raincoat on your Sim and get a different result when you got home? I keep getting sunny weather so cannot try it yet.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited June 2018
    Same ! They use the same hand to hold the leash and the umbrella, but hey, newsflash sims : you have two hands !! I think there's a raincoat with the hood on, so maybe I'll try making a special dog walking outfit and see it if works....

Update : I just did, my sims had an "unpleasant humidity" moodlet, but he wasn't soaked either (it was light rain though).
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Same ! They use the same hand to hold the leash and the umbrella, but hey, newsflash sims : you have two hands !! I think there's a raincoat with the hood on, so maybe I'll try making a special dog walking outfit and see it if works....

Update : I just did, my sims had an "unpleasant humidity" moodlet, but he wasn't soaked either (it was light rain though).

That's realistic! That's the feeling I got when I had to take my dog out in the rain. He made me go out in all weathers. :D