The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods: May 25 ’17 patch & Parenthood GP

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    edited June 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    @luthienrising apparently the parenting patch or it's fix turned the height slider mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159 not good since if a person with a restaurant tries to interact w/ either their employees OR the customers there's no actions (or you can't click on them at all). I know it's that piece of Mod and not anything else since I tested the mods. Yet until now I was able to play a restaurant like normal and I had the height slider mod (the Jan version) for awhile. I'm testing it out on a fresh save to see if there's other problems with the mod.

You can use the height mod but just don't own any restaurants well you do it appears

I don't have this problem with the updated mod. Everything works as before. All that was changed was the script that calls the height commands.

I'm not talking about the 4 slider mod.. I'm talking about the JANUARY 2017 height mod using the FEET (there's a difference). I don't see how the *fix* for the FOUR SLIDER mod would work for the feet-size-equal-height mod.

You might want to check with the mod maker - it could be that the January mod is meant to be replaced with the more recent one.

Ah. Judging from the comments on it, it was broken prior to this patch and pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,791 Member
    @luthienrising apparently the parenting patch or it's fix turned the height slider mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159 not good since if a person with a restaurant tries to interact w/ either their employees OR the customers there's no actions (or you can't click on them at all). I know it's that piece of Mod and not anything else since I tested the mods. Yet until now I was able to play a restaurant like normal and I had the height slider mod (the Jan version) for awhile. I'm testing it out on a fresh save to see if there's other problems with the mod.

You can use the height mod but just don't own any restaurants well you do it appears

I don't have this problem with the updated mod. Everything works as before. All that was changed was the script that calls the height commands.

I'm not talking about the 4 slider mod.. I'm talking about the JANUARY 2017 height mod using the FEET (there's a difference). I don't see how the *fix* for the FOUR SLIDER mod would work for the feet-size-equal-height mod.

You might want to check with the mod maker - it could be that the January mod is meant to be replaced with the more recent one.

Ah. Judging from the comments on it, it was broken prior to this patch and pack.

except that the guy hasn't updated the January Mod since January even he's been on at Recently as May 21st. Since the fixes that other people are talking about don't work since it's for an entire differently mod. sQXL0LJ.pngJvFRuCc.png. So no there "isn't" a recently version for THIS mod.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @MadameLee - It still seems from comments to have been broken or outdated since January? I mean, I can add it to the list, but it's not newly broken is all. If the modder is no longer updating it, your alternative is to find a different mod, I guess. Generally speaking, other modders will leave something longer than a few months before they take it over, and won't do that if the original modder is still active, as a courtesy.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @MadameLee - It still seems from comments to have been broken or outdated since January? I mean, I can add it to the list, but it's not newly broken is all. If the modder is no longer updating it, your alternative is to find a different mod, I guess. Generally speaking, other modders will leave something longer than a few months before they take it over, and won't do that if the original modder is still active, as a courtesy.

no it wasn't broken until now..since something in the mod conflicts with the script of restaurants. And I had this particular mod since Jan and I was able to run restaurants like normal w/ this mod but now I can't. And it's the only height mod which actually gets "passed down" through the Generations the others don't. Since the only other height mod I would have to go through the trouble of typing in numbers to get what I want. (100 or 0) when the kids aged up. I can play the game I just can't have my sim run a restaurant w/ this item.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    @luthienrising I think you missed my comment, but could you add Bachelorette Party Mod and Funeral event by brittpinkysims to the list of broken mods? They cause last exception file to be generated.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Tbrown126 wrote: »
    Could someone look at my and last exception see what's wrong because I can't understand it.

A LONG Error like that says, "check all of your Mods and CC files." You definitely have some broken files.

Here's the best way:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

And for anyone interested, I posted something to Tumblr that might help you figure out what's going on.

http://egwarhammer.tumblr.com/post/161388878910/sims-4-post-patch-maintenance
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @luthienrising I think you missed my comment, but could you add Bachelorette Party Mod and Funeral event by brittpinkysims to the list of broken mods? They cause last exception file to be generated.

My understanding is that a last exception file can be generated even if the mod is still working in use. Have you tried holding an event to see if it works?

This is SimGuruModSquad's explanation of that file:
    The lastexception*.txt files are generated when the gameplay code has an error, this could be a harmless error that has no user facing impact, or it could result in something that clearly is not working correctly. When this type of error occurs, the game will not crash – it just means something unexpected has happened during gameplay. We try hard to not ship any code that has these kinds of errors, but sometimes they slip through and we use these exception files to diagnose what users are seeing. Also note that game mods (mods that add or change game behavior) can also cause errors, so if a mod looks to be causing this file to be generated I would recommend not using that mod and letting the mod author know that their mod has a problem.
    So, the mod could have "a harmless error that has no user facing impact". @Brittpinkie reported here that all her event mods are working.
  • Options

My understanding is that a last exception file can be generated even if the mod is still working in use. Have you tried holding an event to see if it works?

The lastexception*.txt files are generated when the gameplay code has an error, this could be a harmless error that has no user facing impact, or it could result in something that clearly is not working correctly. When this type of error occurs, the game will not crash – it just means something unexpected has happened during gameplay. We try hard to not ship any code that has these kinds of errors, but sometimes they slip through and we use these exception files to diagnose what users are seeing. Also note that game mods (mods that add or change game behavior) can also cause errors, so if a mod looks to be causing this file to be generated I would recommend not using that mod and letting the mod author know that their mod has a problem.
    So, the mod could have "a harmless error that has no user facing impact". @Brittpinkie reported here that all her event mods are working.

turned out the height mod wasn't the problem. I didn't test very well yesterday and it was because having 2 many of (other mod)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Zerbu career mod seems broken, my teen sims wont go to work not even as a rabbit hole. The que doesnt show up and it shows they are missing work. When I click "go to work" nothing happens. Ive taken out all other mods, so im guessing its this one causing it.
  • Options
    nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    I'm wondering, could be totally way of base here, but if a lot of CC users are still having errors even after updating and getting rid of outdated mods/cc, then could this be EA's way of slowly pushing out modders? Again I could be way off base here but I have now been at the whole updating and getting rid of stuff for two days straight ( I legit have a small amount of mods and CC) I have even created a whole new Sims game file, adding in only a few mods and some cc. It would work for a while, then I would get error messages full blast! I haven't had any crashes yet but I want to be on the safe side. I don't want to ignore them and that's when it happens. I'm stubborn and determined though I will keep trying to figure it out. I do get something about "screenshots" then "broadcaster" in the LastException file that pops up but I'm not going to post it anywhere until I try everything short of playing vanilla.

Does anyone know if any clothing or hair needs to be updated? I don't have many things, and what I do have was either created this year or late last but it doesn't hurt to ask!
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Options
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Zerbu career mod seems broken, my teen sims wont go to work not even as a rabbit hole. The que doesnt show up and it shows they are missing work. When I click "go to work" nothing happens. Ive taken out all other mods, so im guessing its this one causing it.

Thanks. @Zerbu has said that Go to School should be working (someone asked on Twitter). I haven't seen anyone mention Turbo Careers yet - I'll drop him a note. Not sure if he's going to be updating it, though, as he's been working on a new project.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if any clothing or hair needs to be updated? I don't have many things, and what I do have was either created this year or late last but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Most of what I've heard has been furniture (esp. beds) and eyes. But not a whole lot of people actually report which CC died on them. :/
  • Options
    Most of what I've heard has been furniture (esp. beds) and eyes. But not a whole lot of people actually report which CC died on them. :/

YES!! I have finally found this out as well. Fortunately, I download in sets, unfortunately, I have several of them. *sigh* Well as much as I love other peoples work and supporting them, I don't think I'll be downloading anymore furniture. Easier to find and fix mods. Not so much with the CC.

~~~Lala B~~~
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    OMG! After pain-painstakingly going through each set that has a bed, I have finally found the one item that was causing the constant errors for me: DCS4 Phoenix-Phaerie Day Bed which you can find on the pixeldreamworld website. It's old so yeah of course it's broken! Make sure you look at the little tiny posted date people cause otherwise you'll be downloading stuff from 2014 lol. Finally I can get back to my stories and vids. Hoped this helped anyone else.

NOPE! UHRGG Just as I was getting into it again, I started getting a bunch of error messages again!!! *SIGH* Ima just get rid of all that cc and just go with maybe two creators who actually keep up with their work!!

Okay so it looks like DCS4 Basic Day Bed is also broken!
    Post edited by nottasinger17 on
    ~~~Lala B~~~
  • Options
    brittpinkiebrittpinkie Posts: 52 Member

I believe @luthienrising is right about this; every time someone has been supplying me with a last exception file with this patch, they also list every other script mod in their game. The best way to see if my mods are the ones generating it is to take out ALL other mods but mine and see if you have an issue.

Futhermore, like Luthien said above, have you guys that are reported it broken TRIED to host a event? If there's no issue when you play the mod but you're still getting a last exception file, it could be from anything...like SGMS's quoted text- any kind of unexpected error. I don't consider my mods broken if A) I test them in the game and they all work correctly (which I have for this patch and always do, or I update them) and B) if there has been no tuning changes, which there haven't been to events.

To be honest, trying to sort through the incorrect/false reports about broken mods due to last exception files is tiring. Make sure the mod is actually broken (i.e. not working as it should) before you report it as broken.
  • Options

Okay so it looks like DCS4 Basic Day Bed is also broken!

Thanks! No big surprise on that one. They must have done something to beds with this pack, though I hadn't thought anything changed about their use in game.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

I use both. The script and the feet slider. The script because it works on kids, and the feet because it kept working all along. I also understand that the pick up toddler issue was fixed with the "Feet" slider, but I haven't had a chance to check it out.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    @luthienrising we were talking over on Discord and I asked if the reason some of the beds are broken might be because of the new hiding journal animation, have you heard anything about this?
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    lilonesub wrote: »
    @luthienrising we were talking over on Discord and I asked if the reason some of the beds are broken might be because of the new hiding journal animation, have you heard anything about this?

Oh of course! That makes sense. Sims who own a journal can store it in a bed, so that would mean a change in bed coding.
  • Options
    Cheekybits wrote: »

I use that mod and I am not having any issues with it.
  • Options

turned out the height mod wasn't the problem. I didn't test very well yesterday and it was because having 2 many of (other mod)

Thank you for the update because I wasn't having any issues and I didn't think the mod was broken. Good that you found the problem.
  • Options

I believe @luthienrising is right about this; every time someone has been supplying me with a last exception file with this patch, they also list every other script mod in their game. The best way to see if my mods are the ones generating it is to take out ALL other mods but mine and see if you have an issue.

Futhermore, like Luthien said above, have you guys that are reported it broken TRIED to host a event? If there's no issue when you play the mod but you're still getting a last exception file, it could be from anything...like SGMS's quoted text- any kind of unexpected error. I don't consider my mods broken if A) I test them in the game and they all work correctly (which I have for this patch and always do, or I update them) and B) if there has been no tuning changes, which there haven't been to events.

To be honest, trying to sort through the incorrect/false reports about broken mods due to last exception files is tiring. Make sure the mod is actually broken (i.e. not working as it should) before you report it as broken.

I agree!!! A last exception does not mean that the mod is broken. It often means that something in the game coding has changed, but not actually broken. I have exception files that come and go depending on patches, and my game has been running the same save from the beginning.
  • Options
    @Zerbu reports that Turbo Careers is fine.
  • Options
    dana8dana8 Posts: 5 New Member
    @luthienrising sorry, those are the coolspear mods that have been updated. rest are working
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Thank you for all your hard work @luthienrising. I didn't even realise that some of my CC needed updating until I saw your list.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top