Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    There's a quest chain to unlock one of the hidden islands that requires your sim to fight a shark. I had to remove her mermaid ability, fight the shark, collect the island, then give her back her mermaid abilities.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

Imaginary friends will mop up puddles on their own before becoming real.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    edited May 2023
    I had no clue that you can preview an occupied home while in Edit Town. :open_mouth:

Check it out:

Preview-Lot.png

^That magifying glass there - that's hard to see, that's probably why I never knew about this - you click on it and it will take you straight down to the lot and you can check out the lot and all the floors and see how it's furnished, etc. :grin: 🙌🏻

I mean, seriously, how many times have I wanted to just look at an occupied house to see how it looks and if it has everything the occupants need, thinking I had to make them the active household in order to do that! :open_mouth: Never again. Mind blown!!! 🤯

I've been playing this game since day ONE and I am just NOW finding this out!? :open_mouth:

Please let me know I'm not the only one who didn't know this. :lol:;)

:star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    @emorrill No I didn't know that either! I've always used Debug Enabler to "buy on this lot" to edit another townie's home before, since Edit Town won't let us edit another sim's house.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    I had no clue that you can preview an occupied home while in Edit Town. :open_mouth:

Check it out:

Preview-Lot.png

^That magifying glass there - that's hard to see, that's probably why I never knew about this - you click on it and it will take you straight down to the lot and you can check out the lot and all the floors and see how it's furnished, etc. :grin: 🙌🏻

I mean, seriously, how many times have I wanted to just look at an occupied house to see how it looks and if it has everything the occupants need, thinking I had to make them the active household in order to do that! :open_mouth: Never again. Mind blown!!! 🤯

I've been playing this game since day ONE and I am just NOW finding this out!? :open_mouth:

Please let me know I'm not the only one who didn't know this. :lol:;)

:star:

Neato, I never knew that either. I was just checking it out though, and it looks like that preview only shows up when you are in "Choose Household" mode of town setup.

• Options
    @bklienhart
    bklienhart wrote: »

Neato, I never knew that either. I was just checking it out though, and it looks like that preview only shows up when you are in "Choose Household" mode of town setup.

^Oh. Right. Thanks for the clarification. 👍🏻 :)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill I never knew that either.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited May 2023
    you guys are cracking me up lol I haven't played since the last Store set was released and even I knew that!

*poke* :smile::):) But, I'm sure there are things that I am equally unaware of, so we're equal :smiley: This game is layered like an onion, as soon as we think we've got it all figured out, we uncover new things -- and that's what makes it so awesome!

Anyway, was just browsing mts and realized, that without a mod over there, the canning station from The Old Mill set is unbelievably borked. No wonder someone was trying to find Cinderelliamouse's old mods (cos that helped with one issue). But the one at mts unborks everything so you don't need Cinderelliamouses.

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580462

There's so much to do in this game, I had never even played with the canning station at all, even though I bought it when it first came out. :o

• Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    okay I found one, that was quick! :) I didn't know dogs could sleep on the couch. Wish I'd known that before I bought them all beds.
  • Options

How did I not know that Sims will sit on the edge of the fountain in Central Park?
    brian_reading_at_park.jpg
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Just found out if you play as a fairy and you click on the claw machine they can “cheat the system” by shrinking and manually going into the machine and grab a prize! My sim got a bag of money! :D
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    I discovered that the Sim Finder app can be used as a food delivery service for Vampires to order from home.

They're very prompt and have so many choices! A great option if you don't feel like hunting that night.

10/10 would recommend to my vampire friends. :grin:
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited June 2023
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    I am sure most people know about these beautiful Easter eggs but newbies might not know. You can gather Easter eggs at the Springtime Festival and every once in a while, you find special Faberge-type eggs. These are collectible. Notice the Freezer Bunny!
    Uh, pay no attention to the gnome. Don't know how he got up there!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    Sims with the frugal trait can find discount coupons from the newspaper or computer that you can use for different items/services. The coupons expire after a couple of days!
  • Options

My Sim Gina read all of the toddler skill books. As far as I know, she finished all nine of them. She started her writing skill at level 2. Would she have started at level 3 if she also read the Jimmy Sprocket books? I'll have to test that theory on the next toddler in my household.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Here's one that's extremely interesting.

Regular fruit eaten directly from your inventory will only fill your sim up partially (from an empty stomach, it usually ends up filling you up only halfway. However if you roast the fruit over a campfire, it will fill your sim up entirely (just like a regular meal).

Just tested this...and it works.
    Azq6hU1.jpg
    NZr6z5u.png
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    If you host a birthday party at a bar venue with a professional bar, you can open a tab and all party guests orders go to your tab. Basically creating an open bar for them, but a big bill for you :D

There’s also a “purchase birthday cake” toggle options at the bar during hosted birthday parties in case you forget one!
  • Options
    If sims travel to the past with the time machine, there is a chance they will get a new job while there and it'll switch their job once they come back to the present. My sim originally was level 10 in the education career but it switch them to level 10 of the sports agent career.
  • Options
    BuildModeBuildMode Posts: 23 Member
    This might be an obvious one, but I just realised that the Town Hall in Roaring Heights displays a stone etching of The Sims 4 sims!
  • Options
    Y'all I hardly ever play with the Free Will setting on High. I mean, hardly EVER! I like to be in full control of my sims. :lol: (But during this play session I decided to be different. ;) )

So what I'm about to share here might be one of those that most of y'all totally know and are like "Duh emorrill! Everyone knows that." :p

Ok, I think I did know about it. But it had been so darn long since it happened in my game that I'd forgotten about it. 🙃 And I felt like sharing in case any new players are like me who don't usually play their game with High Free Will turned on.

Anyhoo, I was surprised as punch to see my Sim go into a room to "turn off the lights" and she clapped her hands to do so and they turned off! :smiley: I mean that just had me smiling brightly. I remember when turning off lights via clapping was the "new hotness" feature to have in your home (not many years before Sims 3 was released) and it was quite nostalgic to see. :blush: Does anyone still use those anymore? :lol:

Anytime I would manually direct my sims to turn off the lights they would just turn off by my clicking. So the clapping thing must be a High Free Will feature only? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or does it only apply to certain lights? (This was a cc ceiling light actually...) Enlighten me if you know because I'm curious now. :) Thanks!
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    @emorrill Does your sim have the Frugal trait? They're the only sims that I've ever seen autonomously turn off lights
  • Options
    Paurod2789Paurod2789 Posts: 15 Member
    > @jaletu2005 said:
    > I am sure most people know about these beautiful Easter eggs but newbies might not know. You can gather Easter eggs at the Springtime Festival and every once in a while, you find special Faberge-type eggs. These are collectible. Notice the Freezer Bunny!
    > Uh, pay no attention to the gnome. Don't know how he got up there!

The red one is beautiful! I never go to the festivals for spring but I just might have to start🤩
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Wow, after all these years still stuff I’m learning now. Thanks for sharing everyone 🌸
  • Options
    Im pretty sure this is the case because my sim originally only had two fish in her tank, but if you have two fish of the same species in a fish tank, they will reproduce more fish :D
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    From my recent play, I discovered that you can store 1 shower in a can inside your tent when you pull it out of your inventory at home, put it on the floor and it becomes the duffle bag. I was very surprised. But it only stores one.

Also, I found out something I didn't know about the Swiftgro Garden Center. I knew it automatically will water your plants but I discovered if you fill the composter with 3 items and turn the crank, it will use that to fertilize your plants too. How did I miss that??

Always learning something new!
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top