Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum update, new HOME menu (was breakage, PLEASE repair

SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
edited May 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
@SimGuruDrake - Thank you for being there for us. I really appreciate it. <3

The HOME page appears to be significantly improved. The Child forums are no longer endlessly stacked in the home page menu. Each of The Sims series now has their own child board for related subcategories.

This is quite an improvement. Thank you. :smiley:

Still broken:
The MUTE tool on the Home page continues not to function the way it originally had.
It initially hid forum areas that did not pertain to the specific user if they chose to use it.

- however the need for that tool to hide numerous child categories that were initially located on the HOME page seems to have been greatly reduced with a streamlined HOME page as mentioned above.
That's a navigation improvement.

Here's what is still BROKEN
This pertains specifically to the TS3 site user walls:
reference link:
The TS3 MY PAGE LINK AT http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/<USER-NAME&gt;

There is a navigation bar that no longer works as it should
LbmFhaj.png

Above drop down navigation menu no longer allows users to sort their walls using the VIEW MY ACTIVITY option to catch up on the activities of their friends beyond a SINGLE page. :(After only one page the filter no longer works and contains all friend posts. It can sometimes go for multiple pages and then completely stops.

The drop down menu used to continue for many pages to filter on the specific friend, so friends could catch up on their friend's stories, game tips and questions.

Please repair the TS3 user wall! :hushed::heartbreak:

Below items in the spoiler pertain to items that appear to be null or fixed now.
New Edit because
  1. Lack of progress on some issues
  2. some progress hidden below in spoiler bars to neaten this up.
    - It appears that navigation on the green bar that's been missing for a week is now working for the forums
    - This one for example seems to be fixed as well.
    - http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/categories/the-sims-medieval-general-discussion-

So here's what's still broken

The method that we originally had used to keep focus on our interests included options to MUTE areas that we had no interest in seeing. The Mute element no longer works at all; has been broken for a year. Please fix it.
OG76dLj.png

Over a year ago we used to be able to filter the Forum's HOME navigation at this site.
For example I am interested in the wealth of knowledge shared by our friends in the subject of TECH issues; as well I only play TS3 -- so I was able to filter the home page to hide forums I never read.

Now instead of convenience, there are a sea of new topics to scroll through that cannot be hidden which have no application to my game. The original designer of the forums had it right. <3

This was broken over a year ago when many bookmarks to many posted tutorials were also broken. It's gotten increasingly frustating to use EA forums.

Can the home page be fixed so it can be filtered again, please?

Summary
Navigation in THIS (thesims.com)
-and in the TS3 site user (thesims3.com) walls
have both been broken (repeatedly) during site culling.

There is current breakage I'd like to emphasize today.
Here are screen shots taken today of breakage that has been going on for over a week---

The top most forum in FORUM RULES still works as it should.
There's a navigation pane on the green bar.

Here's a screen shot to show what SHOULD BE
Pex2vas.png

But continue lower in the HOME page site navigation map,
- many forums including those for TS3, the store, TS4 and other topics no longer have a link in the navigation BAR,
- so EA customers that use that navigation no longer have a short cut to the main discussions in their focus.

uKoxn2d.png

Subject areas affected include
The Sims 4 Patch Notes & News
The Sims 4 Help Center
The Sims 4
The Sims FreePlay
The Sims 3
Previous The Sims Games

Above list as you can see represents significant breakage of MOST of our forum. :disappointed:

Please fix this broken navigation.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
Post edited by SemaviLady on

Comments

• Options
    babay_jbabay_j Posts: 21 New Member
    Thank you Semavilady, you explained it quite well! I hope they can do something to fix these problems, as they are very frustrating!! ♥
  • Options
    rachiesaucerachiesauce Posts: 58 Member
    Wonderful post my friend! <3 I do hope all the decision making people of EA and Maxis realize how important this, and other Sims 3 issues, are to us, as their loyal customers.
  • Options
    I've updated the first post with 2 of 3 things in the original post that are still broken.

Please fix these problems.

Thank you
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
  • Options
    The HOME page of the forum, in the past day, has new access points to the various sim series that make better sense to me personally. Child boards are arranged under the series to which they pertain. I'll update the first post on my thread here.