Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbob Problems

Is it always a very bad sign when the plumbob disappears in a save? Early in the Sims 3 years, I had a save where the plumbobs vanished, and as I recall there was no way I could get them back, the save was getting progressively wonkier, and I gave it up as corrupt. From then till a couple days ago, I've never had the problem occur again. But, now it's baaack. :s

After some recent computer problems, I've just installed everything Sims 3 on another computer here (patched to 1.69 unfortunately) - and a few days ago added ITF, which I didn't have before.* I just spent a few days placing builds in an empty Sunset Valley and added a couple families from a different save (where they had plumbobs). Last evening, I noticed the plumbob was missing from my active sim, and I thought it had been there the day before, and so I went back to a previous save, but no plumbobs. I have four saves of this town and there is no plumbob in even the oldest one. :/

The only thing I remember about trying to get them back is doing a resetsim *, so I tried that. Didn't work. Thought I'd try resetting the town with MasterController, which also didn't work. Tried resetting one sim via MasterController just to see what happened, and that also didn't do anything.

Do you think this save is hopeless and I should just abandon it before it goes from bad to worse? Do plumbob-less saves ever work out? Is there anything else I can try to fix the problem?

As far as actual gameplay, I've only gotten through a few sim days in it, so in that respect, it wouldn't bother me to start over. It's the several days before that I spent putting the town together that I really hate to lose. I tried to make a "master" save of the town before I started playing, and I *almost* did. After I played just a little, I added a couple more lots and decided to make that my master save, and unfortunately, the plumbob problem must have already occurred.

(* Yes, I did install ITF after I started building my town, but I pulled out and renamed my Sims 3 documents file before installing and put it back after. Maybe it got corrupted with the move - idk.)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
My Sims 3 Studio
My forum builds thread

Comments

• Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Did you try switching your active family? If you have mc, do a proper reset with it cuz the cheat doesn't actually reset...
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    Yeah, I switched families and, as I said, I reset the town with MC, as well as trying an individual MC reset of one sim. Maybe doing each sim in the town individually would have an effect, but that seemed like a lot of work, even though there aren't all that many of them yet. Thanks for trying to help @Sunnyyesjams. I appreciate it.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Never seen this issue, sorry so not sure what exactly to suggest. Do you have NRaas Overwatch and ErrorTrap in play and are any script error logs being generated?

But a MC Reset Everything already MC Resets all of the individual sims and households in town along the way, so running that individually on each sim likely isn't going to accomplish anything different.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    Thanks @igazor. I wasn't sure if MC Reset Everything and MC Reset of individual sims did exactly the same thing - now I know :) I do have Overwatch and ErrorTrap, and there were some script errors right at the start when I put the households in. Didn't think much of it at the time, but I probably should have. :/ While waiting to see if anyone had any ideas, I decided to just start with a fresh empty world and do some lot placing/building. It was going faster than I expected (well, maybe not now that I notice what time it is LOL), and I think I like it better than the other world anyway. I've only lost about a week of actual gameplay, so I think I'll just delete the plumbob-less saves and begin again.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread