The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taken Without Warning

My sims baby was taken without warning. The baby was in the middle of the living room so I could keep an eye on him. He never woke up. Just as I was like...I'm going to wake him up to feed him because it has been too long, he disappeared and the little message popped up that said he had been taken for neglect. He never ever woke up!! Grrr

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,439 Member
    I had something similar happen in one of my game saves. In my case, I got two pop up warning me that I was not carrying for my baby properly, back to back, and if I didn't take care of it, the baby was going to be removed. There was nothing wrong with the baby, and was well fed, and all the other stuff that they require. I decided not to take any chance, and immediately had the baby turned into a toddler. I have no idea what was going on there.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    This has happened in my game occasionally since the beginning. It seems that if you have your Sims traveling away from the lot frequently, sometimes the baby's portrait gets stuck on green even if the motives are actually really low. One way to test this is to go into build mode and pick up the baby bassinet and drop it again, usually this "unsticks" the motives and the baby will show as actually having a problem. it's a bug that has never been fixed.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    This has happened in my game occasionally since the beginning. It seems that if you have your Sims traveling away from the lot frequently, sometimes the baby's portrait gets stuck on green even if the motives are actually really low. One way to test this is to go into build mode and pick up the baby bassinet and drop it again, usually this "unsticks" the motives and the baby will show as actually having a problem. it's a bug that has never been fixed.

I guess that means the issues is with any loading screen (so travel, CAS or rotating families). All my babies are like that, since I rotate daily. It is such an integrated part of the way that I play now, that I don't even think about it. I just use the warning-messages in the way that I used to use the blue portraits. Feeding them as soon as possible.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2017
    It also seems like either the January update or the February one causes a bug where babies don't always actually cry when their needs are low, resulting in them being taken away without warning. I didn't travel between any lots or CAS though so that can't be it in this case.
    I think I fixed it by moving the bassinet in build mode, like StarlingGray did.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I had my baby get stuck on green for a long while and then he went three or four days without needing a diaper change. He aged up to a toddler after that. I kept getting messages that the baby was hungry and would be taken away even while the baby was on green. He also wouldn't sleep until I had left the house again, but it didn't fix him needing his diaper changed.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,763 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that this has occurred in your game :( If you have saved the game since this occurred, you could try rolling back your save game files to an earlier version, before the baby was taken away. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I actually haven't had any infants in my game since toddlers came out. I tried to have a Sim give birth, but she kept having twins. I brought the family into CAS, after aging up the first set of twins but, CAS showed them as infants still. When I got out again, the mom was still in labor! She had another set of twins. These two girls had the wrong skin tone, however. I tried aging up all four that time so I could take them into CAS to prune the family down to size. I removed three of them (having named two of them the same name, on purpose.) But, when I got out, you guessed it, mom was still in labor! That's when I got out of that savee, went back to the main menu and went back a game save. Deleted the obviously corrupted file. From now on, I'm only adding the desired family member via CAS with this family, anyway. What a nightmare!