Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sister relationship was erased. Why?

KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
I created two sims, made them sisters, and moved them into Willow Creek. Eventually, they got married and both moved out of the house and in with their respective spouses (not my doing), but I decided I wanted to put them back together for a while. So, I did and when I checked the relationship panel, their sibling relationship was gone! They didn't even know each other! I even checked in CAS and their set relationship was roommate.

I've never had that happen before. Has anyone else? I have other sims who still have ghosts of friends who died in their relationship panel. How can those be kept, but two of my sims are erased as sisters and they're alive?
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• Options
    thodges24134thodges24134 Posts: 268 Member
    This has happened to me as well. No clue what is going on.
    "Life is too short to be serious all the time. So, if you can’t laugh at yourself, call me… I’ll laugh at you! " :D
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    They NEED to fixes these issues asap !! I'm tried of my sims relationship being jack up by this game.Every time I look around my sims have a love relationship with so many different sims it is a shame of the developer's to let this bug go on without any solutions to fix it. Never in the history of the Sims this has happen. :#
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Woah, I wonder what caused that? There's another topic that says something of similar nature.
    I hope that doesn't happen in my game. Biiig family I got here LOL. Did you know if they were still related before you started playing today?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,892 Member
    If this is what this wonderful New powerful game engine does … EA can have it back! I have to agree with something stated in another thread. EA is making a mockery of family play/relationships, etc.. And now, it seems they've gone another step further in trashing/removing familial relationships just because the Sims moved out of the same lot. Give me a break! Did I stop being Mom when my kids all moved out of the house? Ah, no. It's bad enough the way RL society is heading, can our game not do that, too? I use this as a means of escape, not to be confronted by the destruction of my little Sim families at random.

Sitting here wondering if this is just a pre-curser to culling? Keep an eye on your Sims.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    It's probably the relationship culling that has been going on for a while. I had a Sim with a lot of friends, a fiance and the entire relationship panel was wiped clean.

I'm no longer surprised at things disappearing. The same Sim was at a dance party talking to a Sim and she disappeared in mid-conversation....right in front of him. Similar to the ask out and disappear at the meeting place bug I guess.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    Woah, I wonder what caused that? There's another topic that says something of similar nature.
    I hope that doesn't happen in my game. Biiig family I got here LOL. Did you know if they were still related before you started playing today?
    I haven't played yet today, but I will check when I do. They should still be related because the last thing I did before saving and quitting the game was restoring their relationship.
  • Options
    calwredcalwred Posts: 194 Member
    wonder what would happen if I moved a few brothers and sisters to a new home
    [img][/img]192afc55f0f0d45fb7387a6809b7a0f1_zpsop9jbp0b.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    It's probably the relationship culling that has been going on for a while. I had a Sim with a lot of friends, a fiance and the entire relationship panel was wiped clean.

I'm no longer surprised at things disappearing. The same Sim was at a dance party talking to a Sim and she disappeared in mid-conversation....right in front of him. Similar to the ask out and disappear at the meeting place bug I guess.

If it was relationship culling, it was a bug in it. It's designed to not touch blood relationships or any other relationship over about the 50% level.
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I created two sims, made them sisters, and moved them into Willow Creek. Eventually, they got married and both moved out of the house and in with their respective spouses (not my doing), but I decided I wanted to put them back together for a while. So, I did and when I checked the relationship panel, their sibling relationship was gone! They didn't even know each other! I even checked in CAS and their set relationship was roommate.

I've never had that happen before. Has anyone else? I have other sims who still have ghosts of friends who died in their relationship panel. How can those be kept, but two of my sims are erased as sisters and they're alive?

Unless you actually hadn't ended up setting them as sisters but thought you had, it's almost certainly a bug. I can't think of any in-game mechanism that removes blood relationships except, perhaps, the death and culling of someone related to an older and a younger person, in which case the survivors might lose their relationship. Do you have an older save you can check to see if they were sisters when you first moved them in game?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes it is a bug and I've had it happen before during the woohoo weekend last year. It is one of the ways the pesky old "incest" bug occurs. Um seems like @SimGuruEugi is around. Maybe we can ask him why?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

If it was relationship culling, it was a bug in it. It's designed to not touch blood relationships or any other relationship over about the 50% level.

Unless you actually hadn't ended up setting them as sisters but thought you had, it's almost certainly a bug. I can't think of any in-game mechanism that removes blood relationships except, perhaps, the death and culling of someone related to an older and a younger person, in which case the survivors might lose their relationship. Do you have an older save you can check to see if they were sisters when you first moved them in game?

There has been more than one post about family relationships disappearing. One of the first I remember was a family losing the relationship with the mother.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    EA: Let's just erase everything that makes you immersed Into the game.
  • Options
    Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member

Have you moved either family out of the neighborhood or re-edited either of the siblings with cas.fulleditmode since they were created?
  • Options

There has been more than one post about family relationships disappearing. One of the first I remember was a family losing the relationship with the mother.

Yep. It's not supposed to happen, though, from how the code is set up, from what modders have said. It seems to be to be likely that first a separate bug causes the blood relationship to be lost and then, when friendship/dislike levels drop low enough, relationship culling causes the forgetting.

@KayeStar, you might want to move your post to Bugs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,700 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello
    Could you try rolling back your save game to an earlier version, before you moved the sims back together again. These links explain how to do that.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    Check to make sure that they are still seen as sisters.
    Then move them back together again and see if the issue occurs again.
  • Options

They were saved to my gallery for a while before I used them. I downloaded them from there into CAS to edit them before I moved them into Willow Creek. I'm positive they were sisters before I had them move in, but I'll see when I get back home.
  • Options
    @KayeStar FWIW, I discovered after a week of playing a big rotational save where I'd populated the whole world with my own Sim households that I'd missed marrying some spouses - three or four households. I thought it was a bug, but nope, there they were like that, in my Library :/ You'd be far from the first one who thought they had set relationships but hadn't.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I've had a few similar glitches, in every save file I have any married couples after a little while forget they are married. They have whims to get engaged to their wife/husband. It's so annoying.
  • Options
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I've had a few similar glitches, in every save file I have any married couples after a little while forget they are married. They have whims to get engaged to their wife/husband. It's so annoying.

Hello @Goldbear86 .
    Other simmers are also having the issue that their married sims are getting whims to get engaged or married.
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Whims-are-not-fulfilling-off/m-p/5020992#M18593
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Goldbear86 .
    Other simmers are also having the issue that their married sims are getting whims to get engaged or married.
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Whims-are-not-fulfilling-off/m-p/5020992#M18593
    Thanks! I didn't know that existed!
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    @Cement I love rabbits too! Cute signature. :) Haha!

@KayeStar Similar thing happened to me but a mother and son (child). One minute they were related and the next not. I'm not sure what happened. I tried everything to get their relationship back with cheats but I couldn't do it. I hope they fix this soon. :(
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Goldbear86 .
    Thanks! I didn't know that existed!

You're welcome :)