Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tending a cafe bar?

So I read the ingame "lessons" in the menu, and for Get Together's, I read you can tend the café bar that makes coffee. But ive spent two days looking for a way to tend it, all I have found is "make drink". Can you tend the café bar like you can tend a regular bar? also is it just associated with the mixology skill, if it is possible?
eqnxTFN.jpg
I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
Origin ID: Mainmanvs100

Comments

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited January 2016
    You can tend the espresso machine just like any regular bar. It's not tied to the mixology skill.

Here's my simself stealing the espresso bar from the barista npc.

OuI2wvR.png?1
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    do you get paid for it like when you tend a regular bar? But my game doesn't even have a tend option. its just order drink, order food, make drink, or hire.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    You have to click the actual bar, not the espresso machine to get the 'tend bar' option. Unfortunately no, sims won't get paid for manning the espresso machine.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello,
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the tend option is there then .
    If it is still not there, try selling the espresso bar and buying another one and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    You have to click the actual bar, not the espresso machine to get the 'tend bar' option. Unfortunately no, sims won't get paid for manning the espresso machine.

Ohh, that's what it is. Okay thanks. That sucks we wont get paid though.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    I wonder if you could somehow modify it to make it profitable if you have GTW, though. I don't play businesses in my game, but if I ever were to that's something I'd want in my shop. (Hey Target I live near that has a Starbucks inside, I'm looking at you.)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2016
    What is the point if they can't earn a few dollars or even gain a skill? Seems like an idea they didn't finish. It would have been great if we placed these counters (specific one) on the retail lots we could assign this as a duty of one of the employees...even if we didn't gain money it would possible get them out of group talks stuck in a corner. Seems this game just offers half baked ideas with no conclusion of why we should even bother making our Sim do that unless we just want to fake a screen shot for a story.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KlewbossKlewboss Posts: 58 Member
    > @Misscow1P said:
    > I wonder if you could somehow modify it to make it profitable if you have GTW, though. I don't play businesses in my game, but if I ever were to that's something I'd want in my shop. (Hey Target I live near that has a Starbucks inside, I'm looking at you.)

It would be great to be able to make a profit from tending bars and such. I have had many attempts at businesses in this game, all I have found is it took to much time away from my sims family if they weren't single. needing to have employees and talking to the huge rush of customers coming in and taking to much time to get them to buy something, and then everyone buys something at one time so I'll lose customers. The stupid employees don't do very much,no point in having a break room or they'll never leave that place. Ugh... yeah annoying and stressful to have a business in this game.
    Although I love the idea of having a store, selling my sims books and such it tends to feel like a waste. I have a tiny bookstore with a coffee bar, and the idea is cute and great but very lacking. Also it would be better if we could have a shop on a residential lot, like a 2 flat so I can continue on the sim who owns the shop and their family with school and jobs.

It would also be nice if you could have the option to have a part time job as a barista or something so you could work less, I've ended up putting my sims on "Long lifespan" just to fully be able to have a feel for the sims lives. Because normal is to short, short way to short, and long equals never-ending. on anything but long I just burn through sims and then get bored.
    Petition for honesty from EA on subjects like Toddlers, CASt, Open World, Story Progression, OLYMPUS, etc... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844877/petition-for-honesty-and-official-word-from-ea-on-toddlers-story-progression-cast-open-world-etc?new=1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Klewboss wrote: »
    > @Misscow1P said:
    > I wonder if you could somehow modify it to make it profitable if you have GTW, though. I don't play businesses in my game, but if I ever were to that's something I'd want in my shop. (Hey Target I live near that has a Starbucks inside, I'm looking at you.)

It would be great to be able to make a profit from tending bars and such. I have had many attempts at businesses in this game, all I have found is it took to much time away from my sims family if they weren't single. needing to have employees and talking to the huge rush of customers coming in and taking to much time to get them to buy something, and then everyone buys something at one time so I'll lose customers. The stupid employees don't do very much,no point in having a break room or they'll never leave that place. Ugh... yeah annoying and stressful to have a business in this game.
    Although I love the idea of having a store, selling my sims books and such it tends to feel like a waste. I have a tiny bookstore with a coffee bar, and the idea is cute and great but very lacking. Also it would be better if we could have a shop on a residential lot, like a 2 flat so I can continue on the sim who owns the shop and their family with school and jobs.

It would also be nice if you could have the option to have a part time job as a barista or something so you could work less, I've ended up putting my sims on "Long lifespan" just to fully be able to have a feel for the sims lives. Because normal is to short, short way to short, and long equals never-ending. on anything but long I just burn through sims and then get bored.

Or even just go to these vendors and earn money and skill like in TS3. Just whenever you felt like it if you didn't want the Sim to have a fulltime job. That is one thing I miss from TS2 or TS3 is being able to DJ for money, without too much fuss, or earn money selling coffee for a few hours, or earn money selling drinks for a few hours. But in this game even if our Sim has good skills they still just talk and never deliver those drinks to the customers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KlewbossKlewboss Posts: 58 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Klewboss wrote: »
    >
    > > @Misscow1P said:
    > > I wonder if you could somehow modify it to make it profitable if you have GTW, though. I don't play businesses in my game, but if I ever were to that's something I'd want in my shop. (Hey Target I live near that has a Starbucks inside, I'm looking at you.)
    >
    > It would be great to be able to make a profit from tending bars and such. I have had many attempts at businesses in this game, all I have found is it took to much time away from my sims family if they weren't single. needing to have employees and talking to the huge rush of customers coming in and taking to much time to get them to buy something, and then everyone buys something at one time so I'll lose customers. The stupid employees don't do very much,no point in having a break room or they'll never leave that place. Ugh... yeah annoying and stressful to have a business in this game.
    > Although I love the idea of having a store, selling my sims books and such it tends to feel like a waste. I have a tiny bookstore with a coffee bar, and the idea is cute and great but very lacking. Also it would be better if we could have a shop on a residential lot, like a 2 flat so I can continue on the sim who owns the shop and their family with school and jobs.
    >
    > It would also be nice if you could have the option to have a part time job as a barista or something so you could work less, I've ended up putting my sims on "Long lifespan" just to fully be able to have a feel for the sims lives. Because normal is to short, short way to short, and long equals never-ending. on anything but long I just burn through sims and then get bored.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Or even just go to these vendors and earn money and skill like in TS3. Just whenever you felt like it if you didn't want the Sim to have a fulltime job. That is one thing I miss from TS2 or TS3 is being able to DJ for money, without too much fuss, or earn money selling coffee for a few hours, or earn money selling drinks for a few hours. But in this game even if our Sim has good skills they still just talk and never deliver those drinks to the customers.

Yes too much talking, takes like three hours for them just to eat food when talking. Need a "shovel food in face" option. Even ordering a coffee from the new coffee shops, either the drinks never get completed or I get the wrong one, or someone else takes it. Which as frustrating as it is, it's hilarious how realistic those mistakes are. Sounds like an average day at Starbucks.
    Petition for honesty from EA on subjects like Toddlers, CASt, Open World, Story Progression, OLYMPUS, etc... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844877/petition-for-honesty-and-official-word-from-ea-on-toddlers-story-progression-cast-open-world-etc?new=1