Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this cheat ..unlocksentitlement.. create any problems if used?

bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

I got frustrated with not being able to use all the objects and used this cheat. I haven't played a game with them installed yet as I am still decorating my large house with them.

Does it have a bad effect on gameplay? It would be a shame if it does as I get great pleasure being able to use everything.

Comments

• Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    No.

Body is 2 characters too short.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Nah, I use it a lot. No problems so far.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Thank you @mrnhmath

Why did I take so long! :p:D
  • Options
    extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    I have a mod that does this automatically and it has never impacted my game.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    No. That cheat only makes your game more awesome.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Actually for some reason since the early December patch all my items are unlocked by default, so I no longer need the cheat. Surely, I can't be the only one who has that "issue"? If it's a bug though, it's one of the very few (probably the only one) I'd like to keep :mrgreen:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @MDianaSanders I did have that for a little while in December which surprised me but my game must have been patched again later as the objects went back into reward mode. This made me want them back to use freely.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Actually for some reason since the early December patch all my items are unlocked by default, so I no longer need the cheat. Surely, I can't be the only one who has that "issue"? If it's a bug though, it's one of the very few (probably the only one) I'd like to keep :mrgreen:

If you're in Free Build mode (not playing a particular family on their lot, like if you're building a house or working on a community lot) the locked items are automatically unlocked -- I think that was added in the last patch. They're only locked if you enter build mode on a lot where a family is living. For example, I was able to add the high-quality easels to the balcony at the Windenburg library -- I figured it would be a good place to sent painters. So you could build a house, use all the unlockable items, then move in your family.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    ^ I just figured that, but since I spend most of my time in build mode and rarely build on lots where Sims live (because I have already built them the perfect house before they moved in) I hadn't noticed. It does still save me a lot of typing ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Jess120903Jess120903 Posts: 1,318 Member
    I use it all the time and I've had no problems so far.
    you are having a spooky mormon hell dream now!
  • Options
    NienNien Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how I can turn this cheat off?
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Nien wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can turn this cheat off?

Have you tried saving a quitting, then reloading the game?

Do we not have a new members question thread anymore?
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top