The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get together vs Sims Urbz in the city

I saw an interesting comparison earlier between Get Together (what we've seen of it) to The Sims Urbz in the city for PS2

I loved Urbz but guess I don't really remember enough of it to see the comparison so thought it's an interesting topic to see what your opinions are of the comparison
I might get Urbz out later and play
||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm afraid I can't make a comparison since I haven't played Get Together yet :c
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Urbz were heavily stylized "urban" sims. There were 9 districts I believe, and Urbz in each district dressed and bahaved differently from Urbz in other districts. The general purpose for Urbz was to climb the social ladder and get a reputation with all of the different cliques. I really don't think it's comparable to GT, as GT is focused on sims hanging out versus trying to be "cool".

The overall concepts in The Urbz are something I have always wanted to see in the PC game, because let's face it the sims living in the suburbs are not going to behave the same as the sims living in a downtown city area. The Urbz were edgy, and really cool compared to the ordinary sims of the time.

IMO had Maxis created The Urbz for PC with similar gameplay to the sandbox PC game, it would have been successful. However they released it on console only and the gameplay was focused on goals, and not really simulation. It was a pretty decent game for what it's purpose was, but I do think Sims games are more successful on the PC where they can be expanded.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    Urbz were heavily stylized "urban" sims. There were 9 districts I believe, and Urbz in each district dressed and bahaved differently from Urbz in other districts. The general purpose for Urbz was to climb the social ladder and get a reputation with all of the different cliques. I really don't think it's comparable to GT, as GT is focused on sims hanging out versus trying to be "cool".

The overall concepts in The Urbz are something I have always wanted to see in the PC game, because let's face it the sims living in the suburbs are not going to behave the same as the sims living in a downtown city area. The Urbz were edgy, and really cool compared to the ordinary sims of the time.

IMO had Maxis created The Urbz for PC with similar gameplay to the sandbox PC game, it would have been successful. However they released it on console only and the gameplay was focused on goals, and not really simulation. It was a pretty decent game for what it's purpose was, but I do think Sims games are more successful on the PC where they can be expanded.

Maybe when they release Metropolis, this is what it will be like. I'm not a console player, so never played the Urbz.
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I remember playing Urbz a lot as a 12 year old but I'm 26 now so my memory is so hazy (going to try it tonight) I just remember it being really different to all other sims games including all the console versions. Once ive played it I'll come back and give my views on comparing it to Get Together but your answer to my question was great @drake_mccarty really detailed and useful information
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I can't make a comparison since I haven't played Get Together yet :c

this
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    GG04GG04 Posts: 47 Member
    edited November 2015
    I made the relation to urbz when seeing this, i hope sims 4 get together is all that its cracked up to be. Perharps after this game expansion they might work on giving people what they actually ask for.
  • Options
    Mandarine586Mandarine586 Posts: 161 Member
    The only similarity Ive seen between The Urbz and Get Together is the dancing...