Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRING US OUR GAME BACK PLEASE!!!

ยซ1
With the release of Sims 4, many of even the most dedicated fans couldn't help being disappointed. With the huge success and overall quality of Sims 3, the expectation for Sims 4 sky rocketed way above what we actually got. While we saw all these new features like rocket ships in the base game, emotions/moods, and more in depth CAS, we were devastated when Sims 4 didn't even include half of what we wanted to see. To make the game easier to run, EA cut some of the most beloved aspects of the game to make room for things most of us didn't ask for. We hope that one day EA will bring back the features we need to play, so we sign petitions, we send emails, we try to make noise, but has EA actually made any changes? EA added pools, and basements, fantastic, thank you, but what we really want is to be able to interact with the game on the level that Sims 3 brought us. We want a one map world. We want to visit our neighbors 10 feet away without having to give up all interactive with the remaining 3/4/5 members still at home. We want to be assured that if/when we kick out our sons and daughters that their story will progress and one day we might see their children playing in the park, and not have to worry that they will be stuck in a loop for the rest of their lives, never to be seen again. We want to create the world we are integrating ourselves in, we want to edit the land and make each town unique and individual and suited to us. We want to share and spread, show the world our creativity. We want to design our sims clothes. We want to make our hair hot pink and our boots the color of the sun, and we want to add crazy designs to our shirts and bedspreads. We want our couches to be cyan and our pillows to be orange because maybe that's what we like. We want to be able to live in the world we want, and not the one EA picked out for us. Or maybe we just want our hair to get that perfect blonde color because we're making a sim version of our self. Or maybe we just want to change the color of that top because it doesn't go with that skirt and if they went together and didn't clash it would make the perfect outfit. We are angry. We are angry that we don't get to be ourselves anymore. That our creativity and individuality has been stripped from us to make the game a little bit faster, a little bit smoother, to make it a little bit easier for the guys we're giving our money and support to. We want our game back. We are trying to get the change we so desperately crave but we are frustrated that we are not actually being heard. So what are we going to do about it?

I was inspired to write this because I saw the petitions to make change, and despite the enormous waves of support nothing is changing. Dear EA, we are begging you to bring us our game back. To give us what we ask for. We would rather have a color wheel and a bit of lag than a game that runs perfectly yet we can't express ourselves within it. And if you don't believe us, just make it an option instead. Let the player decide what they want to do, without you forcing our hand. If we want a one map world let us make that decision, in the settings. If we want to add the color wheel let us. Maybe the odd one out prefers the new game, and they don't have to change a thing.

This isn't a petition, but if enough people agree with me I might make it one.

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    wow... just what I want to scream at them

I want to play a family, but I can't, not in sims4. Not with no toddlers, and babies chained to the crib, not with teens that just looks and act like adults. Not with the kids that move out haveing no life.
    ๐ŸŒบ streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette ๐ŸŒปcome join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. ๐ŸŒณ
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Things have changed what are you talking about. we got hot tubs back with patio stuff and we have a spa and a bunch of things with spa day. I do however agree with you that it is not anything like how sims 3 was.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    > @anettesb said:
    > wow... just what I want to scream at them
    >
    > I want to play a family, but I can't, not in sims4. Not with no toddlers, and babies chained to the crib, not with teens that just looks and act like adults. Not with the kids that move out haveing no life.

Exactly. With all the new features given to us it's a shame we had to sacrifice everything we had grown to love just for a little bit of a performance update, which most people wouldn't have noticed anyway.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Things have changed what are you talking about. we got hot tubs back with patio stuff and we have a spa and a bunch of things with spa day. I do however agree with you that it is not anything like how sims 3 was.

The point of the post wasn't just the objects we got back. Yes, they've given us hot tubs and spas, hooray! But did you notice we had to pay for it? EA just took away the things we wanted and now they're giving it back to us little by little for a price. Things that were our base expectation are now expensive or nonexistent. That's not right! Next thing we know we'll be paying $60 for something like a color wheel that should've been included from the very beginning.
  • Options
    Bump, I want more people to see this.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    td998 wrote: ยป

The point of the post wasn't just the objects we got back. Yes, they've given us hot tubs and spas, hooray! But did you notice we had to pay for it? EA just took away the things we wanted and now they're giving it back to us little by little for a price. Things that were our base expectation are now expensive or nonexistent. That's not right! Next thing we know we'll be paying $60 for something like a color wheel that should've been included from the very beginning.

you think that's bad? Most of the stuff like Stuffpacks and GPs are digtal only so teenagers who parents who don't want to use their credit card or paypal are out of luck into getting the items. I mean even i'm out of luck in getting GPs and SPs unless i go through my older sister. Since EA/Origin Gift cards are not avaible up here in Canada or in places like Denmark and pre-paid Visa cards you need to be 18
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I agree.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below โ™›
  • Options
    SoJazzySoJazzy Posts: 611 Member
    Agree on so many levels
    Still have two more years of high school, wish me luck!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Why not play TS3? It has everything that you want already :p, just a thought....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimmerForLife101SimmerForLife101 Posts: 61 Member
    I agree.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    I disagree in my case I play for fun and to past the time and since me I do not let my sims age I see the sims4 like anyother game as a game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Things have changed what are you talking about. we got hot tubs back with patio stuff
    Meanwhile, hot tubs existed in the base game for TS1 and TS2. Even more hot tubs came into those games with their expansion packs.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Call me the odd one, but I wouldn't mind a color wheel, at least because get rid of some CC clothes and furniture and build textures that are recolored.
    I've Stepped back a little, and my gameplay has changed... radically. As I'm opening a Save or starting a new game in CAS/building I make sure I know what I'm going to do. I finally found a way to be as creative as I want.
    Sure I had to bend a little, I'm sure most of you don't want to bend you shouldn't have to but I'm glad I did, because it's actually a lot of fun now I did.
    Like the screen shots and my stories are looking better. and I'm actually having fun setting up the moment.

like this proposal was hard work but once I had everything set up the fun began
    screen_shot_2015_08_10_at_8_12_03_am_by_mphattyboi-d9523yn.png
    I had my sim's mother capture the moment.screen_shot_2015_08_10_at_8_19_05_am_by_mphattyboi-d9523w2.png
    Setting up dates
    screen_shot_2015_08_11_at_10_40_08_am_by_mphattyboi-d95ae0f.png
    screen_shot_2015_08_11_at_11_02_05_am_by_mphattyboi-d95ae05.png
    moving in together
    screen_shot_2015_08_15_at_7_52_07_am_by_mphattyboi-d95w78s.png
    right now I'm setting up the wedding before I start the event. So it took some time, but the creativity and fun began when I played the game a little differently.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    [img]http://๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/clapping-crowd-applause.gif[/img]

@SimGuruDrake Can you pass this thread on to the team please? It NEEDS to be seen.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Why not play TS3? It has everything that you want already :p, just a thought....

Because we love this series so much and want to be involved in it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Because we love this series so much and want to be involved in it.

So playing TS3 means you are not involved in it?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Because there are good things about TS4 as well, and I don't want to forget about the game completely.
  • Options
    [img]http://๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/clapping-crowd-applause.gif[/img]

@SimGuruDrake Can you pass this thread on to the team please? It NEEDS to be seen.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Since last bump was so successful.. bump. I also want to add that the lack of many people's favorite features is causing me to want to uninstall sims 4 and pretend it never happened. The sim developers really need to rethink everything they've done and really listen to what the players want, not what they want. If you really agree with what was said here, tag some sim gurus to make this seen. @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruBChick @SimGuruJill
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Why I like that its different not everyone is complaining the game is bad .
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

If this was the first or second game in the series it would be a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ good game, but since it's the fourth installment to an insanely good sequel, long time simmers are really disappointed. Open world was such a welcomed thing in Sims 3, taking it away again is just cruel. And the color wheel? It's not hard at all to implement that. A lot of us don't know why the developers did this, and frankly it ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ me, and others, off. It would be a shame to have to go back to Sims 3 without the improved build/buy mode and where sims couldn't eat and talk at the same time. But as buggy and flawed as Sims 3 is, it's my preferred game because of the open world, customization, and freaking toddlers. Who the hell decided toddlers needed to go? They were one of my favorite stages because learning to walk and talk, and now they're completely gone? It's ridiculous. And don't even get me started on the babies, you can't even carry them around the house! What the hell EA?
  • Options
    I like the fact that the sims4 is different if it was the same as the pass sims games sims2 and sims3 sims4 would be boring I like the sims4 as it is so I apologize op but I have to disagree with you
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options

If this was the first or second game in the series it would be a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ good game, but since it's the fourth installment to an insanely good sequel, long time simmers are really disappointed. Open world was such a welcomed thing in Sims 3, taking it away again is just cruel. And the color wheel? It's not hard at all to implement that. A lot of us don't know why the developers did this, and frankly it ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ me, and others, off. It would be a shame to have to go back to Sims 3 without the improved build/buy mode and where sims couldn't eat and talk at the same time. But as buggy and flawed as Sims 3 is, it's my preferred game because of the open world, customization, and freaking toddlers. Who the hell decided toddlers needed to go? They were one of my favorite stages because learning to walk and talk, and now they're completely gone? It's ridiculous. And don't even get me started on the babies, you can't even carry them around the house! What the hell EA?

op maybe you should have a look at the sims1 there where no toddlers and if they do comeback and when that is not for us to decide sorry op but agin I have to disagree with your statement

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

If you want to play TS3 you should since clearly TS4 isn't the game you wanted. Not everyone thinks TS4 is bad just because they chose to go a different route with it doesn't mean its bad. The game doesn't have to have everything from previous games your use to. To be a good game. You are still playing the Sims its just different and more fun. If I wanted everything from past games in TS4 in the base game I wouldn't have wasted my money on the game. The appeal was it was different and I am loving it so far.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Dartpaw86Dartpaw86 Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sims 4 was meant to be different for a reason. People have called EA evil and corrupt, but even if that were true, they aren't that low to take the exact same game, tweak in a few new features, a fresh coat of paint and sell it as a new game full price.