The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bob & Eliza question

Hey
Ive wanted to play Bob & Eliza for some time but I'm unsure how to play it, it's easy when I create my own families as usually I have some idea what story I want to tell when I decide to play them but with these it's different I think it's because I know they are supposed to be unhappily married and I'm torn between splitting them up for good or trying to make their life together work so I guess what I'm asking is do they belong together or are they better off apart? And are they worth playing?
||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||

Comments

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    In my game they ended up split up, she remarried... Twice. After her 2nd hubby died she married Don Lothario... And then he caught her flirting with her dead husband's ghost, so he ran screaming. She finally settled down with a random lady townie she started flirting with and I'm playing a descendant of her and Don now. Just go with what you feel. In my game she was a ridiculous flirt so after she left Bob I got him re-married and he had 3 kids, in other peoples games she was happy to stay with Bob. Just play them as a couple for a while and see what feels best to you, splitting them up or having them make a go of it. If she hadn't started flirting with a male sim I'd made she would've stayed with Bob.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Play them how you want to. Personally I like them together. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I'll see how it goes as a couple then I played them in my very first game but it was only for like a day just to get used to the controls and find out what could be done with TS4 and i gave them a lodger who single hadedly wrecked their marriage but wanted to play them properly not just as a mess around thing - thanks for the responses
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Their marriage is currently working in my game, but I foresee a bit of a rough patch in their future. I don't know if they will split, but there will definitely be some shenanigans on the side for one or both of them. Their kids may need therapy.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    EvieEvermoreEvieEvermore Posts: 18 Member
    they are still together in my game as well, although Eliza does cheat on him occasionally bob really doesn't seem to notice or care, he spends most of his time caring for their daughter Anita. Eliza isn't much of a mother in my game.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Well ive been playing with Bob & Eliza for just 11 sim hours now pretty much hands free for their first day, I started getting them some money (mother lode) I wanted to get them out of there basic house in Willow Creek and move them to the 5 bed house in Oasis springs.

Upon moving they briefly interacted with eachother and watched the cooking channel before I took them to the park in willow creek.

While there I just let them do as they wanted, hoping that either they would show me why they belong together or chose to interact with someone else they may grow to like later on.

First they wouldn't leave eachothers side but another man coming and joining their conversation was enough to make Bob leave himself and go join a gardener who was playing chess (female) but soon Eliza realised he had left and came and stood by the table he was playing on!!

A male teen named Colby at this point came and joined the group discussion while Nancy Landgrab some how joined the discussion from the other end of the park (she must have bigger ears than Jeffrey)

Next Bob and Eliza decided that since they had already not spent the day glued to eachother (marking their territory maybe?) that they needed to cloud gaze together before getting up and continuing to talk to Colby again (yes both of them!)

Bob left the conversation to use the park bathrooms while Eliza chatted happily to the female gardener Bob had earlier played chess with - while he was using the bathrooms I gound myself hoping he wouldn't wander straight back to Eliza - maybe here lies my answer? But no it's not that simple, I want to see them meet people and not interfere with that, I don't want to decide their fate for them by looking for people for them to interact with in some plan to split them up before finding out who they click with and do they click with eachother better

Anyway he didn't head back to her instead he returned to play another chess game with the female gardener while Eliza played a game with Eric Lewis - would he turn out to be a match for Eliza later? Who knows

Then they both left their respective games to go and eat down at the BBQ section of the park (turns out I can't follow them down there - happens sometimes) so everything they do down there will totally now be spontaneous and I will remain powerless - that's as far as ive got so far, will let you know wether I end up splitting them up later when I know, but for now I am seeing what happens naturally without my input.

Edit: Eliza has just sparked a conversation with Don Lothario - could he be the person to break up the Pancakes? Maybe Bob will fall for one of the Caliente's
  • Options
    SimmingWithStarsSimmingWithStars Posts: 439 Member
    What I did was:

One morning, at the breakfast table, whilst eating panckaes

Bob: Eliza, I love you. I don't tell you enough, but there isn't a day in my life where I don't look at you and fall for you all over again.

Eliza: That's so sweet, Bobby. I love you too. *kisses his cheek*

*Bob smiles and looks into Eliza's eyes*

Bob: I want to prove it to you... so let's start over. Let's change and begin... from the beginning. New personalities, new jobs, a new house. A fresh start for us both.

Eliza: I'd do anything for you, Bob Pancakes.

*they kiss*

Then I took them into CAS, changed some traits, some clothes, and made them a new house - with a baby room! And they lived their lives from there...
    Currently doing one of the following:
      - Eating - Sleeping - Simming - Reading - Watching 90s Sitcoms - Drinking tea - Wearing socks.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 314 Member
    I kept them together but I immediately changed Bob's personality, because I refuse to play slobs. I think I replaced that with Foodie, and otherwise left him the same. They had a daughter, then when she became a teen I adopted a boy child because I didn't feel like going through a baby again.

My Bob and Eliza are not terribly romantic, but they're a great family and they're all happy (except when Bob is in his gloomy moods.)
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Go with your instinct, no right or wrong way to play them...
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    In my game they had a good life together and a girl. Both of them were really sweet with her hugging her on their own, helping out with homework. They were good with life. In my game it worked when they had a mutual project, the kid :smile:

• Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    My Sim ends up stealing Bob and they make cute kids.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    My Sim ends up stealing Bob and they make cute kids.

That's what my Sim did, before my whole game decided to not work and crashed.
  • Options
    pearlbh wrote: »
    I kept them together but I immediately changed Bob's personality, because I refuse to play slobs. I think I replaced that with Foodie, and otherwise left him the same. They had a daughter, then when she became a teen I adopted a boy child because I didn't feel like going through a baby again.

My Bob and Eliza are not terribly romantic, but they're a great family and they're all happy (except when Bob is in his gloomy moods.)

I didn't know you can change a trait on a premade Sim. Cool!

• Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    Hey
    Ive wanted to play Bob & Eliza for some time but I'm unsure how to play it, it's easy when I create my own families as usually I have some idea what story I want to tell when I decide to play them but with these it's different I think it's because I know they are supposed to be unhappily married and I'm torn between splitting them up for good or trying to make their life together work so I guess what I'm asking is do they belong together or are they better off apart? And are they worth playing?

You rule, you tell me
  • Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    I made a weekly soap centering around Eliza, based on a story I had rolling around in my mind (link is in my siggy).

The cool thing about The Sims is you can play pre-made sims any way you want, there are no rules.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    SmurfyDjSmurfyDj Posts: 37 Member
    The great thing about The Sims is that you get to play the game however way you want. You get to decide the story, it can be anything you want! It depends how you interpret their background. If you feel as if they have no chance of ever being happy together, split them up, but if you feel there is hope for them, keep them together.

In my storytelling, I had them split up for a while, but once they became elders I had them realize that the were destined to be together, and they got back together and became happily married :')
    Follow Me on Tumblr: DJ-Simmers
    Follow Me on Twitter: DJ_Summers1999
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    I've done both in different saves. In my first save they stayed together even though Eliza cheated, and they had three kids. My fave though was my "Wayne Brady" save when I jazzed up Bob's look, he became a player, and he left Eliza for another woman he got pregnant and Eliza ended up homeless.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    Then I took them into CAS, changed some traits, some clothes, and made them a new house - with a baby room! And they lived their lives from there...

I kind of like their clothes, especially Bob's they just kind of suit him
  • Options
    staravia81 wrote: »
    I've done both in different saves. In my first save they stayed together even though Eliza cheated, and they had three kids. My fave though was my "Wayne Brady" save when I jazzed up Bob's look, he became a player, and he left Eliza for another woman he got pregnant and Eliza ended up homeless.

The time I spoke about when I played them as my first ever mess around game, it literally was just that I made a single female sim (can't remember her name but she is still in my gallery) and she moved into their spare room - she wasn't going too she was just going to be her til I decided I wanted to see what boundaries the game had so I moved her in and for a few sim days she had a secret affair with Bob, Eliza was too busy working out to notice for a while until that was she walked into the bedroom (I hadn't even planned it to happen I just wasn't watching for her to appear) where Bob and his fancy woman were trying for a baby - Eliza broke down in tears and cried under the covers several times - I hadn't planned to split them up I hadn't even planned her walking in on them but she she did I split them up (she wouldn't stop crying under the covers) so I had her divorce him which he cried about for a few mins before proposing to my sim and marrying her on the spot in front of Eliza - I got up to where my sim had his baby and gave up with that story but I'll never forget her walking in on them like that
  • Options
    Ok. I now just started to play Bob & Eliza Pancakes. When I first opened them up, their romance is high, but they need to work on their friendship space too. Here's what I have so far.

I had them talk for like a few minutes cause Eliza had to leave for work, while she was at work, I had Bob workout until he became sore. Then when Eliza came home, they tried to talk for but Eliza kept moving away to wash her plate, then later I had Bob move the household. Now I just need to change their everyday clothes and styles.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I usually go to their house to squat/live or did when I first started playing the game. They have a bunch of good skill items so it's easy to make it a visiting home. The house is also compact so you don't get lost in it. Depending on my sims aspiration they come in handy for that too.
    Anyway, I developed a respect for their relation even when driving them to cheat because they seem to keep their romance/relationship going no matter what. Little things like the kiss hello, or other actions. I've actually never seen them fight unless my character was the cause of that.
    I haven't played them yet, but if I did I'm pretty sure I would make them work it out. They seem to want too.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Kill! Kill! My Pancake family is just too busy for each other! So being the evil one I am (according to my mom cause I like to kill off half my sims) I killed off Eliza. And now I'm trying to get Bob not so fat. I couldn't give him new traits, just new clothes.

What traits go with Bob's traits? I have to move him again, the house I had moved them into has a closet size living room.