Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim's glasses' lens turn black

Every time I put glasses on my sim the lenses just turn black and makes her look like she's wearing sunglasses how do I get this to stop??

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2014
    so its all glasses even ones clearly not sunglasses? i would play around with in game graphic settings. its possible its a game bug, see bug thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775749/sims-4-base-game-bug-thread-please-read-the-first-post-before-posting/p1 or it could be hardware.
  • Options
    BrandonBearBrandonBear Posts: 25 Member
    I've just started dealing with this same issue. I merged two households together and the person who I merged with had black lens on their glasses. Then I merged a third household and now my main Sims who I started out with originally now have black lens on their glasses. So not sure if this is an issue with merging households or not.
  • Options
    KittySprinklesKittySprinkles Posts: 2 New Member
    Yeah every pair of actual glasses I put on the lense inside of them always turn black :( I've been messing with my graphics setting and nothing seems to affect it.
  • Options
    XielasXielas Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2014
    This just happened to me too. He was fine until he took a shower and when he put on his everyday clothes, his glasses were black.

EDIT: I was using a tattoo for male body hair and removing it seems to have fixed it.
    Post edited by Xielas on
  • Options
    BrandonBearBrandonBear Posts: 25 Member
    I had removed the body hair all together from the mods folder and it fixed the glasses. I tried using v3 body hair but I noticed that when I applied the body hair from v3 and went back to the game that it would stay on loading screen forever so had to force quit the game. I removed v3 body hair from my mods folder cause it seems that the game doesn't want me to have body hair. :(

But now my Sims thumbnail on the bottom still showed the black glasses. So went into Sims 4 folder in My Documents and deleted the localthumbcache.package restarted the game and now the glasses are back to normal on the thumbnail. I guess I can do without the body hair on my Sims.
  • Options
    WrathGirl666WrathGirl666 Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2014
    Had a similar thing happen to me but regarding the wedding dress, where it would be white in cas but when it came down to live play, It would have a greyish hue to it :(.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited September 2014
    Aw, that's not fair... How did you get Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses for your sims?

EDIT - Seriously, has no one listen to/watched or read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?
    Post edited by Evil_One on
    raw
  • Options
    PaiShurfPaiShurf Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this happen to me as soon as I exited CAS after changing the settings to laptop mode. I unchecked laptop mode, restarted the game, and voila! My sims have normal glasses now. :)
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    PaiShurf wrote: »
    I had this happen to me as soon as I exited CAS after changing the settings to laptop mode. I unchecked laptop mode, restarted the game, and voila! My sims have normal glasses now. :)

This did the trick for me, thank you. :)
  • Options
    RicosauveRicosauve Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2015
    Sadly it works,but I need laptop mode due to the fact that my laptop sucks so anyone out there can help please do:(
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Ricosauve wrote: »
    Sadly it works,but I need laptop mode due to the fact that my laptop sucks so anyone at there can help please do:(

The only way is to disable laptop mode.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    NanochicNanochic Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Colton147147;14023687"][quote="Ricosauve;14023685"]Sadly it works,but I need laptop mode due to the fact that my laptop sucks so anyone at there can help please do:([/quote]

The only way is to disable laptop mode.[/quote]

Disabling laptop mode didn't work
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Nanochic wrote: »
    Sadly it works,but I need laptop mode due to the fact that my laptop sucks so anyone at there can help please do:(

That's weird. I have laptop mode disabled and I don't have this problem.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Nanochic wrote: »

Hello,
    Try coming completely out of the game and then go back in again and see if the issue has been fixed.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do and the issue remains, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

If the issue continues, try repairing the game and see if it may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Options
    bendewey1980bendewey1980 Posts: 2 New Member
    i had this issue, i moved my mods folder and that seem to have worked but i'm worried now if i put the folder back will i get the same issue
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    i had this issue, i moved my mods folder and that seem to have worked but i'm worried now if i put the folder back will i get the same issue

@bendewey1980 That means it’s probably a mod of yours. So yes, adding the mod folder back in will only cause the issue once more. You should add mods little by little and test out the game to see which one is creating the problem. Also check to see if mods you’ve downloaded in the past need updating from the site(s) you’ve gotten them from.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2016, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top