Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims won't autonomously enter an unloaded lot

I don't know how to get the picture to show up. I tried everything but here is the tweet.

So, to me this means that when I go to the park or whatever the outside spaces are then the same exact Sims will be there every time. Right? If this is true, then it makes meeting other Sims kind of limiting for a single Sim then.

Comments

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    I don't know how to get the picture to show up. I tried everything but here is the tweet.

So, to me this means that when I go to the park or whatever the outside spaces are then the same exact Sims will be there every time. Right? If this is true, then it makes meeting other Sims kind of limiting for a single Sim then.

Great, sim sitting to make sure they do things, because their AI is so great. TS3 they'd go to these places on their own. Wow...dismal.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2014
    How are you reading that? He's talking about your active Sim. There is no mention of what Sims might be on the lot.

@WatchDogAiden Your Sims won't autonomously enter an unloaded lot - if you want them to go there you'll need to tell them.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    How are you reading that? He's talking about your active Sim. There is no mention of what Sims might be on the lot.

@WatchDogAiden Your Sims won't autonomously enter an unloaded lot - if you want them to go there you'll need to tell them.

Well yeah because if your active Sim wants to keep switching lots that could get bothersome.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, I don't think it will be the exact same sims every time, Glimmer50 - at least, I don't think we can infer that from what Graham posted. We don't know the full mechanics of how it will work, but I imagine sims will be pushed to the active lot when the active sim arrives.

But the confusion is understandable because Graham has misunderstood the question.

Graham is saying active sims won't randomly decide to travel to the park without your say-so - good news, but not unsurprising.

But the question was meant to be about inactive sims (which, to be fair to Graham, wasn't immediately obvious from the initial question). We have been told elsewhere that we will be able to lock the camera on to inactive sims and follow them around. The question is about where these inactive sims we are locked onto will go when we are following them. Will they just mill around the public area, or will they be able to enter other lots? I think it will be the former, because I can't imagine how the latter would work, but we don't know for sure because the misunderstanding means the question has not been answered.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    No, I don't think it will be the exact same sims every time, Glimmer50 - at least, I don't think we can infer that from what Graham. We don't know the full mechanics of how it will work, but I imagine sims will be pushed to the active lot when the active sim arrives.

But the confusion is understandable because Graham has misunderstood the question.

Graham is saying active sims won't randomly decide to travel to the park without your say-so - good news, but not unsurprising.

But the question was meant to be about inactive sims (which, to be fair to Graham, wasn't immediately obvious from the initial question). We have been told elsewhere that we will be able to lock the camera on to inactive sims and follow them around. The question is about where these sims will go when we are following them. Will they just mill around the public area, or will they be able to enter other lots? I think it will be the former, because I can't imagine how the latter would work, but we don't know for sure because of the misunderstanding.

Thanks for clarifying, it seemed strange to me that anyone would think that their sims would go off to other lots autonomously lol. It still remains to find out how following other sims will work.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Thanks for clarifying, it seemed strange to me that anyone would think that their sims would go off to other lots autonomously lol. It still remains to find out how following other sims will work.

No problem. That seemed strange to me too, and it surprised me that Graham thought that's what was meant. But then again the initial question was unclear, and I'm sure they've been asked much weirder stuff! :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,001 Member
    edited July 2014
    Guys, read what Graham Nardone says more carefully. He said, "Your Sims won't autonomously enter an unloaded lot - if you want them to go there you'll need to tell them." That doesn't mean that there won't be any sims already on a lot when you first visit it.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am totally confused. :oops:

The way I am understanding this and maybe I am misunderstanding completely is that Sims you are not in control of will not load into homes by themselves.

For example: Mr. Bee is at the park, then when my Sim visits the park Mr. Bee will always be there or somewhere in one of the public spaces because he won't go into a home by himself unless you are in control. Am I wrong about that?

The reason I am confused: I would assume if I am controlling a Sim they are not going to suddenly load into a house or go somewhere unless I tell them.

So I guess I am wondering why he said Sims won't enter a lot unless told to. You mean he thought the guy was asking about the Sims you are in control of but are at that moment just watching? Is that right?

To me the whole thing about us being able to follow inactive Sims around with a camera is kind of irrelevant in terms of whether they load or not. Do you see what I mean? Either they load into lots all by themselves or they mill around the outside spaces.

Sorry I am really not trying to be negative or difficult. Just trying to understand how this game works and I feel like the answer is there but I am just not getting it. Or is it just not clear? :?

Update: I don't know how to delete a post. See my below post. Like I said I was assuming that any Sim I control won't suddenly go into a house.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    No, I don't think it will be the exact same sims every time, Glimmer50 - at least, I don't think we can infer that from what Graham posted. We don't know the full mechanics of how it will work, but I imagine sims will be pushed to the active lot when the active sim arrives.

But the question was meant to be about inactive sims (which, to be fair to Graham, wasn't immediately obvious from the initial question). We have been told elsewhere that we will be able to lock the camera on to inactive sims and follow them around. The question is about where these inactive sims we are locked onto will go when we are following them. Will they just mill around the public area, or will they be able to enter other lots? I think it will be the former, because I can't imagine how the latter would work, but we don't know for sure because the misunderstanding means the question has not been answered.

Yes, this is the question I thought was asked and I thought Graham was saying that the inactive Sims will not load into houses which means they will mill around the open spaces so to me that would mean the same Sims would always be in the open spaces because they won't load into houses by themselves.
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited July 2014
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    I am totally confused. :oops:

The way I am understanding this and maybe I am misunderstanding completely is that Sims you are not in control of will not load into homes by themselves.

For example: Mr. Bee is at the park, then when my Sim visits the park Mr. Bee will always be there or somewhere in one of the public spaces because he won't go into a home by himself unless you are in control. Am I wrong about that?

The reason I am confused: I would assume if I am controlling a Sim they are not going to suddenly load into a house or go somewhere unless I tell them.

So I guess I am wondering why he said Sims won't enter a lot unless told to. You mean he thought the guy was asking about the Sims you are in control of but are at that moment just watching? Is that right?

To me the whole thing about us being able to follow inactive Sims around with a camera is kind of irrelevant in terms of whether they load or not. Do you see what I mean? Either they load into lots all by themselves or they mill around the outside spaces.

Sorry I am really not trying to be negative or difficult. Just trying to understand how this game works and I feel like the answer is there but I am just not getting it. Or is it just not clear? :?

Yes you are wrong about that. Graham was referring to your Sims(as in sims you control) wont wander to unloaded lots.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Okay thanks. I guess I just assumed that was the case and wondered why he answered it like that. Thanks for clearing that up. Geez. Sometimes I just don't know what is going on anymore. :oops:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It'd be better if this were explained//cleared up through a VIDEO. I think.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:

Yes, this is the question I thought was asked and I thought Graham was saying that the inactive Sims will not load into houses which means they will mill around the open spaces so to me that would mean the same Sims would always be in the open spaces because they won't load into houses by themselves.

Graham was answering a different question from the one that was (meant to be) asked, which had led to further confusion. I believe he was just saying active sims won't go to lots autonomously.

I think inactive sims will be pushed to active lots when your active sim goes there - so the active lots will have inactive sims on them. But I don't that inactive sims will move to inactive lots, or, if they do, I don't think that their doing so would make those lots active.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    But the game will have to remember what inactive//NPC Sims are on each inactive lots so when a Sim from your household is there "Away" they can still socialize in the background like Graham has said they're able to do at one point.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    But the game will have to remember what inactive//NPC Sims are on each inactive lots so when a Sim from your household is there "Away" they can still socialize in the background like Graham has said they're able to do at one point.

I am just speculating but I imagine sims will be pushed to the lot each time you load it up :)