The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saving Issue?

So, yesterday I was playing Sims, and I saved after I played like I usually do. Well, I waited at least 30 minutes, and it was still saving! I did the CTRL + ALT + DEL thing and ended The Sims 3. Today, I got on and tried to save again. It still didn't stop saving. I had to do CTRL + ALT + DEL in order to exit the game again. I really want to play, but my game won't stop saving! It'll just restart me back to my last save when I exit. I don't know what to do... Can someone help me?

Comments

• Options
    PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    edited December 2012
    Have you tried doing 'save as' instead.?

Have you deleted your cache files?

have you deleted the items in your dcbackup folder ( except 'ccmerged.package')?

if none of this works try zooming out to town view before you save, some people say this helps .

If not then you may have to save your family to the lot bin and play them in another town.

hope you get it sorted.
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • Options
    SuperSonicMike77SuperSonicMike77 Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    OK, I think I should just say that I was having the exact same problem as leckyloo320 and I did just about everything PetaT said and it worked! SOOO glad I got my game working again. Thank you, PetaT and leckyloo320 you should consider trying what PetaT said. :-)
  • Options
    xsmilesweets4mexxsmilesweets4mex Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    i am having the same problem and no matter what i do i cannot save my game. after about 20 mins it still says saving. but lately my game will crash in the middle of saving and its incomplete. after all the work i put in to build my house and sims and it crashes.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited January 2013
    I've seen lots of Simmers with this problem, but of course I have to be different:
    I had the opposite problem! My game wouldn't finish loading. It would all start off fine, then just stop loading & the "Game Tips" would stop changing... I finally had to dig up an old version of my family and start a new game, but now I'm nervous for this new game.
  • Options
    JennieL759JennieL759 Posts: 122 Member
    edited January 2013
    PetaT wrote:

have you deleted the items in your dcbackup folder ( except 'ccmerged.package')?

if none of this works try zooming out to town view before you save, some people say this helps .

If not then you may have to save your family to the lot bin and play them in another town.

hope you get it sorted.

Cache files? Is that the folder that says DCCache in Sims 3? Do I delete what is in there? Thank you.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited January 2013
    JennieL759 wrote:
    PetaT wrote:

hope you get it sorted.

Cache files? Is that the folder that says DCCache in Sims 3? Do I delete what is in there? Thank you.

I think it's okay to delete those, but I've heard it's a no-no to delete the ccmerged file...