Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Commitment Issues Sims

Hi, my sim has like 17 days left until she's an elder and finally she's met the right guy, Don Lothario, but he has commitment issues and won't go steady. Do you guys know how I can get them to go steady and get married eventually....

Thanks in advance,

-Jazz
Check out my legacy story >>>averylegacy.wordpress.com

Check out my Random/Rosebud Legacy >>> GoffLegacy.wordpress.com

Check out my sim tumblr >>>jaseiisims.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    Rosie09214Rosie09214 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think they just have to have a really high relationship - I used Hal Brackridge from Riverview in my legacy and they had to have an uber high relationship before he even though about it.

Alternatively - go the friend route, get him to move in with your sim and then get him to ask her.
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited July 2009
    I'd suggest getting their relationship really high and then doing "friendly" actions until you can move him in. From there, you get Don to do everything. Even though it goes against his trait, you can force him to ask her to go steady and then get married. That's what I did when I wanted to marry in a commitment issues sim.
  • Options
    lil_vicky61lil_vicky61 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My advice is to keep working on him. Because he does have that trait it will be a lot harder to make them get married, have kids etc.

And if you don't have the paitence to work on him either get him to propose or find a new man :)
  • Options
    PrettyJazzyPrettyJazzy Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks, I was thinking about moving him in...also, do you know how I can upload my avator...the one I use as my sim in the game?
    Check out my legacy story >>>averylegacy.wordpress.com

Check out my Random/Rosebud Legacy >>> GoffLegacy.wordpress.com

Check out my sim tumblr >>>jaseiisims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2009
    If you don't mind doing a little cheating, type "testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheats window. Make sure your game is not paused. Go to the Relationships Tab. Slide the relationship bar all the way to the right to make them best friends, then start in on the romantic interactions. You should be able to Propose Going Steady very quickly, followed by Propose Marriage and then Have Private Wedding. You need a very high relationship level before a Sim with commitment issues is willing to commit.
    Origin ID: nik24x7