The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Long Play or Regular Play?

Just wondering what mode you other simmers out there play on?

For my legacy families I have been playing on regular mode (90 days) but with my regular families I have been playing on long mode. Problem is..long mode seems ...well too long now that I have been on regular mode.

But then, if I play on regular mode all the time, it seems like I can't get in everything. Like walking the babies in a stroller, teaching the kids to drive. On regular play I do seem to finish their LTW.

OKay so just wondering what everyone else does.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I gave toddlers, children, and teens longer life spans. Then I shorten Adult and Elder.
  • Options
    Twilightsim10Twilightsim10 Posts: 3,322 New Member
    edited October 2011
    You can customize the amount of days in the options so it could be 150 or 140 :P I believe my sim are set to 135ish o: it's still considered normal.
  • Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited October 2011
    -cough- EPIC XD
    When i'm done with my baby challenge i'm gonna change that though.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited October 2011
    I currently play all my towns at 250 days.

Before we could customize the lifespan, I used to play at 190 days, but it didn't seem long enough, and epic was too long. I love being able to customize it now!
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited October 2011
    I play on regular, that way I find its not too short and not too long.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    Ali_renAli_ren Posts: 160
    edited October 2011
    I set mine to about 200 days, with the children, toddlers, and elders all with shorter lifespans. Even then, I usually get bored and age up children or teens sometimes.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited October 2011
    Mine are on customized days. Here are my (approximate) days set:

Baby- 3
    Toddler- 12
    Child- 20something
    Teen- 20something
    Young Adult- I can't remember, but it's loong
    Adult- Same with YA
    Elder- 15 days
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    mrsvantuylmrsvantuyl Posts: 157 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I play on regular. I have, on occasion, adjusted the ages so they are teens and young adults longer. Generally it's just regular though
  • Options
    KizzyLoveKizzyLove Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited October 2011
    I usually play on normal. However I have a Late Night save with Mathew Hamming and that is set on epic. :)
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2011
    Epic. It prevents the death-spam my super-popular sims are prone to when their friends start dying off from old age.
  • Options
    sugarbubble21sugarbubble21 Posts: 114
    edited October 2011
    Normal, but I'm going to change my elder life span to less because sometimes they just irritate me when I'm doing legacies.
  • Options
    belly_bee_anchovybelly_bee_anchovy Posts: 22 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I play on long and then adjust the lifespan of the different stages, only because I rotate through a lot of families in my town.
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Normal, but I make the child and teen lifespan shorter. Theyre boring. :l
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2011
    I find playing at 180 days is perfect for me, that is set to normal, but doubled. I have tried to play at the 90 days setting, but have found that I had a feeling of being rushed. This way my sim can find the right guy, she has time to at least try to accomplish her life time want, and to have fun in the process.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah I tried to customize but then found I was having to change it for each different saved game I have. I guess you just have to ...it was kind of a hassle going back and forth between long customized and then back to regular again.

Thanks for your commments...it is interesting as to how others play the game. You have all given me some good ideas to ponder...
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited October 2011
    Mine is set on long, but I tweaked so the Sims live on average 228 days. The oldest in my game is 284 days, he's athletic though.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2011
    i normally keep normal but make teen/young adult / adult longer.
  • Options
    AmberlandAmberland Posts: 116
    edited October 2011
    Right now I have it set to long. But I think it would be fun someday to start a new neighborhood and play on Medium or even Short.
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I used to keep aging off.. lately I turned it on. I am okay with long play.
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited October 2011
    Epic, I think my sims live a total of some 700 sim days. I like to slowly enjoy my families. :D
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2011

I've always played normal life span. When I first learned about ambrosia and death flowers I often used them to prolong my sims' life spans. But after awhile I realized I was more concentrated on the younger generation and I was usually ready for the older generation to be out of the picture faster. So no more death flowers for elders and no more ambrosia unless I was trying to adjust a couple's life cycles to be more in sync but then I usually just used life fruit. My older generation usually had no more outstanding LTWs to fulfill and had accomplished all I wanted for them so I focused on the younger generation accomplishing things.

Now that we can adjust the spans of the various life cycles I'm thinking about creating a world pictured in several science fiction stories where the population has almost no older people. I think baby - 3 days, toddler - 7, child - 14, teen - 21, YA - 28, adult - 7, elder - 3. There would need to be no vampires, I think.

Are vampire life spans effected when the life spans are changed for normal humans?