The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chimney Problems-Recolor

Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
Hi All,

I have tried everything and I can't get this to work. I starting building a house with a basement, my first basement ever. Then I put in a fireplace on the floor above the basement but the stack didn't match my house so I tried using moveobjects on and deleted the red stack, then built a 1X1 room where I want the fireplace to be but it wouldn't let me build the wall there so I deleted the fireplace and everything.

Then I built a small foundation so I could build the little 1X1 wall outside and now it is saying I can't redesign it so it won't let me color the same color as the house. See picture below. Wonder why my pictures are so small. Anyway I think you can click on it to make it bigger so you can see what I am trying to do. What am I doing wrong?

th_Screenshot-28-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jtmanjtman Posts: 918
    edited August 2011
    Are you trying to recolor the blank wall? You need to lay down wallpaper first and then recolor that. Hope this helps! :D
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited August 2011
    OMG :shock: I can't believe I was that stupid. Yeah I was trying to cover the wall.

For some reason I thought it would be like your outside walls where you just put on siding. So I was trying to side it. I just now put on wall paper and it worked.

Thank you thank you thank you :mrgreen:

Good Grief. I have been struggling with this for HOURS, googled it and everything and couldn't find an answer...can't believe it was that easy :oops:

Thanks again!!