Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal creation survey

I have gotten a link for a crystal creation survey in my game, on the home screen to be more exact. I was asked to rate different parts of the game

I also got the question if I was interested in more stuff packs. This gives me the feeling some people at EA see this pack doesn't sell as well and try to figure out why. The game breaking bugs and aggressive shopping cart button would be my guess. I added that to the feedback on the last page.

Has anyone else gotten the survey?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    edited March 26
    I got it yesterday.

ETA: I got the opposite impression. That the pack sold well and they want to repeat that formula for success.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    I got it yesterday.

ETA: I got the opposite impression. That the pack sold well and they want to repeat that formula for success.

Interesting. i suppose either one explanation could be the right one. I guess we won't know unless EA tells us the reason for that particular question.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yup. ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    I just get the feeling they're going to start winding down with the EP's and GP's, maybe one more of each, and focus on SP's and kits.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited March 26
    I just get the feeling they're going to start winding down with the EP's and GP's, maybe one more of each, and focus on SP's and kits.

That sounds like a plausible scenario. I expect stuff packs cost less to make and generally have less chance of breaking the game (I know the crystal creations patch was devastating but I think, I hope that's the exception) , in general stuff packs are less likely to implement big changes that cause major issues. I don't think the game can handle many more EP's and GP's
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited March 26
    To be honest I would not mind if they wind down with new EPs its getting all too overwhelming when these new big features don't work as intended and then while fixing pack A they're already trying to release pack B
    and you have barely had chance to play pack A when pack B is out

theres some bigger themes i still want and would be more likely to show up as ep but I'm in no rush whatsoever

GPs I really wish they don't do away with as occult player like in ideal world all I want is bug free occult gp every spooky season and I'll be happy.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I think the fact that there is a survey, and particularly the fact that it includes bugs as one of the options for why we might not be interested in CCSP, means the pack didn't hit its sales targets. There is still some serious backlash about bugs and the shopping cart (but mostly bugs) going on, especially in non-EA-controlled channels. Really, it's kind of sad that they needed a survey to tell them what the problem is with CCSP.

OTOH, they should already know how to repeat the success of a successful pack. Just put out a pack with minimal bugs. Oh, and try not to break the game with the pre-pack update. Oh, and maybe also don't release a new pack on top of a previous pack that broke the game without fixing the game first. Simple!

I was forced to update after Origin went down and came back last week, and now I have a bunch of new annoying bugs all over the place. They're not game-breaking (yet... I still worry about save corruption creeping up on me), but some of them are tedious to work around. For example, all ghosts appear to be "alive" in my sim's relationship panel. She knows at least 50 ghosts, mostly the ghosts of her departed 100 Baby Challenge children. So, this silly little bug makes me want to tear my hair out, frankly. And let's not even talk about the hot mess that is gardening these days...

I've started playing other games more often while I wait for EA to do something, ANYTHING about the gazillion bugs.

The next hurdle is seeing whether they can migrate us Mac users from Origin to the EA app (gag) without blowing all our accounts away or the other nightmares PC users had to deal with. Honestly, I don't have a lot of hope. I'm mentally preparing to lose my game entirely, even if it's only temporary.

And then they'll put out a survey asking us how much we like the EA app, lol.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited April 3
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I think the fact that there is a survey, and particularly the fact that it includes bugs as one of the options for why we might not be interested in CCSP, means the pack didn't hit its sales targets. There is still some serious backlash about bugs and the shopping cart (but mostly bugs) going on, especially in non-EA-controlled channels. Really, it's kind of sad that they needed a survey to tell them what the problem is with CCSP.

OTOH, they should already know how to repeat the success of a successful pack. Just put out a pack with minimal bugs. Oh, and try not to break the game with the pre-pack update. Oh, and maybe also don't release a new pack on top of a previous pack that broke the game without fixing the game first. Simple!

I was forced to update after Origin went down and came back last week, and now I have a bunch of new annoying bugs all over the place. They're not game-breaking (yet... I still worry about save corruption creeping up on me), but some of them are tedious to work around. For example, all ghosts appear to be "alive" in my sim's relationship panel. She knows at least 50 ghosts, mostly the ghosts of her departed 100 Baby Challenge children. So, this silly little bug makes me want to tear my hair out, frankly. And let's not even talk about the hot mess that is gardening these days...

I've started playing other games more often while I wait for EA to do something, ANYTHING about the gazillion bugs.

The next hurdle is seeing whether they can migrate us Mac users from Origin to the EA app (gag) without blowing all our accounts away or the other nightmares PC users had to deal with. Honestly, I don't have a lot of hope. I'm mentally preparing to lose my game entirely, even if it's only temporary.

And then they'll put out a survey asking us how much we like the EA app, lol.

The gardening bug was the one thing they could never fix right for me. It caused me not to want to play till I found the gardening cheat, now if doesn’t bother me.
  • Options
    Which gardening bug, though? The one where you can't weed sheltered plants? The one where the plant is ready to evolve but you can't evolve it because it's out of season? The bug where you can't water plants and eventually they die? The one where no harvestables grow on outdoor, in-season plants? (That's my newest gardening bug from this patch, yay!) Or the one where plants at the science lab don't grow harvestables so you can't complete your work task?

(I actually do know which one you're talking about. Just making a point. Soooo many bugs...)
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    I didn't get the survey. I think this stuff pack border lined on game pack for content. I wouldn't mind if the just put out stuff packs and game packs until they worked out the Expansion packs. I feel like sp & gp are best value for it's price.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited April 4
    I prefer stuff packs and Expansion packs, because of a slightly larger world size in expansions over game packs.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Does anyone have a link for the survey? I'm currently playing offline on a Pre-For Rent version of the game & I don't want to update yet.
  • Options
    @EternalSunshine, I think going online is the only way, unfortunately. Each survey link seems to be unique to each person's account. I accidentally hit the wrong button when I opened my survey link, and the page reloaded and it told me I had already taken the survey. I could not get the survey back no matter how many times I tried after that.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I got a survey as well, but since I haven't bought Crystal Creations yet, it was asking me about if I knew about, and what would make me buy it. My answer was fix the bugs and get rid of the shopping cart.