Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple lots several times over going down the list in in My Library when checking the Gallery.

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
Can you give us a way to get rid of the many repeats of of the same lots in 'My Library'. These are all my own lots that I made for myself. Plus I'm still getting that bird like grey icon too which cannot be got rid of. As you can see if you have been playing this game since 2014 it's a big issue it has become a big issue for me. Your 'Answers' keeps harping back to Trays and I cannot find any on my machine since you kept changing the game's format and now save everything to Cloud storage. I'm using Microsoft 10 OS.

I cannot find any folder of these icons on my machine or elsewhere to clean them out. Where are they?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 7
    Hm? I have not come across such issue in a while

but yes I would recommend creating save and placing down anything from your library you want to keep in there (save it obviously) and then going My files -> The Sims 4 -> Tray and deleting everything in that tray folder (not the directory)

as it sounds like your tray is broken

you can then re enter the game and put things back in library from the save you created

also there is no partially deleting your tray you either delete all of it or none and combining trays will result to broken tray

if you want to delete specific thing in your library that has to be done inside game but if your tray is broken already it does not work
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited March 8
    Found the Tray Folder. It was in OneDrive, which I had uninstalled after having a lot of trouble with it. Seems the game still kept putting stuff into the Cloud. I deleted everything in it so now have none of my lots at all but they're still in the game where I've installed them. Complete mess.
    EA should have given us an option as to where to save and not save automatically to the Cloud without us knowing early enough. I've got nearly a terabyte for storage on my D drive on my laptop which I'd have preferred.
    You can't kill off OneDrive. It automatically switches itself on when doing updates so I wonder if that's why my file got in such a mess.
    Oh well back to saving the lots again. :s
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Simburian Thank you for figuring that out! I have had the same problem for a while now and it is really annoying to see so many copies of my lots. I disable OneDrive as I disliked the constant messages that it is full and being asked to purchase more space. I will have to check my OneDrive but will need to enable it again, but will plan to disable it after I delete the doubles. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited March 8
    @Simburian Thank you for figuring that out! I have had the same problem for a while now and it is really annoying to see so many copies of my lots. I disable OneDrive as I disliked the constant messages that it is full and being asked to purchase more space. I will have to check my OneDrive but will need to enable it again, but will plan to disable it after I delete the doubles. Thanks again!

If you've got any favourite lots that you've saved or built yourself make sure you put them anywhere in a save to stop them disappearing for ever. That's if you are as angry as I was, getting rid of them all in that folder! I'm going to save them again to get them back properly. That's Microsoft for you. They'd love your space to run out!
    Would love someone to make a tiny program like they did for the old games, to get rid of duplicates and other undesirables.
  • Options
    @Simburian I have a file on desktop where I put copies of my Library and then put on an exterior drive. I try to back up my Sims occasionally but haven't in a while. Guess it's time to do it again!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Found the Tray Folder. It was in OneDrive, which I had uninstalled after having a lot of trouble with it. Seems the game still kept putting stuff into the Cloud. I deleted everything in it so now have none of my lots at all but they're still in the game where I've installed them. Complete mess.
    EA should have given us an option as to where to save and not save automatically to the Cloud without us knowing early enough. I've got nearly a terabyte for storage on my D drive on my laptop which I'd have preferred.
    You can't kill off OneDrive. It automatically switches itself on when doing updates so I wonder if that's why my file got in such a mess.
    Oh well back to saving the lots again. :s

You actually *can* get Sims away from OneDrive (or just remove the whole program, which is what I did - I use Drive, but my uploads are manual). https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-saves-user-content-disappearing-PC/td-p/12475370
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info @Simburian!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 10
    Yeah uh never had One Drive or any other cloud thing so I don't know about damage those cause

i suppose it might be that its moving specific files outside of the folder instead of whole folder which breaks the tray
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    It's not so much that OneDrive is misbehaving but that also, if you right press your Save folder you see that the default is to OneDrive. Microsoft interference with a game. That's what I want EA/Maxis to change to give the the option for it to go to D drive or wherever and I've found no way of altering it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's not so much that OneDrive is misbehaving but that also, if you right press your Save folder you see that the default is to OneDrive. Microsoft interference with a game. That's what I want EA/Maxis to change to give the the option for it to go to D drive or wherever and I've found no way of altering it.

There are instructions on how to deal with OneDrive issues and Sims here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-saves-user-content-disappearing-PC/td-p/12475370 You can get support there with the process too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited March 14

There are instructions on how to deal with OneDrive issues and Sims here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-saves-user-content-disappearing-PC/td-p/12475370 You can get support there with the process too.

That's not what I was asking and I've tried that. Windows, when updating just puts things back as they like even if I'd tried to alter something. What I want is EA in Options to ASK where I want to save my games to, not 'saved to clipboard......'user' OneDrive...' only. It's too much to ask me to fiddle about making things even worse doing what those answers suggest.