Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Positive Thoughts Thread

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
kNWcEq4.png

For simmers looking forward to the new stuff pack!
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I wasn't really exciting about jewellery before the trailer, but I really like the witchy vibes and the charged crystals gameplay :)

Also, the bookcase looks really cool!
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    A good reason to start collecting crystals again
  • Options
    Trailer for those who want to take another look. or two.

https://youtu.be/rdD7je57_-4?si=bM97zpPUhBGxdTGO
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited February 21
    I was excited for this announcement, although I normally don't get stuffpacks. It all looks good to me! I am abroad for several weeks, but am already planning for this pack :) I have a jewel store since long, and finally the owner can actuallly craft some goods. Glad to see that crafted items can be sold and gifted. My nobility will probably get more involved with this all than my spellcasters. Mostly, I want to create a couple careers to support the jewelry maker(s). I love it when I get inspired to actually plan stuff outside the game itself :)
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Official Blog:

Craft Your Crystal Jewelry with The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack
    Design dazzling jewelry that puts you at the center of crafting and creation

B8CGchc.png

We cannot get enough of crystals! In The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack, players can unlock a new Gemology Skill that will have your Sim collecting an assortment of colorful Crystals and Metals to customize stellar creations that can affect Sims’ moods, relationships, careers and lives! Display new beautifully cut crystals around the house, use them for crafting stunning pieces of jewelry, and charge your crystals in the moonlight to uncover new unique properties!

From designing beloved treasures like hand-crafted engagement rings or custom jewelry to producing unique collectibles that can be sold for Simoleons, any Sim can cultivate their own style that will be seen by all.

Get ready to create the jewelry of your dreams in this Stuff Pack that is sure to help you reach all of your crafty goals!

gEz2VwW.png

Collecting & Crafting

Nothing is more special than the pieces you hand-craft with love. With Crystal Creations, a Sim can create over 1,000 different permutations of bejeweled items, choosing to make a fashion statement, declaration of love or a sparkly gift for a friend.

To create these dazzling items, Sims can develop the Gemology Skill. This shiny new skill can be learned through practice as your Sim crafts at the new Gemology Table. Craft jewelry and cut gemstones in stunning new designs. As your Sim's skill improves, so will the quality of their creations. At the Gemology Table, Sims can cut gemstones and make stunning designs with the Crystals they collect and fashion them into engagement rings and other jewelry, including assorted rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings.

From selecting your favorite Crystal variant to choosing which metals suit a Crystal best, like Silver, Gold or Rose Gold, your Sim will feel like a master crafter once surrounded by their colorful jewelry. You can also use any of the 22 metals found with The Sims 4 worlds including Baconite, Death Metal and Romantium. Send a message of love or friendship by selecting the perfect shape of a Gemstone, choose from 10 different cuts including a Heart, Plumbob or Gnome shape.

The Gemology Skill can be boosted when a Sim reads the Gemology Skill book and when a Sim continues to craft Crystal Creations at the Gemology Table. A Sim can sell, collect and gift their crafted creations to other Sims.

Connect with Crystal Energy

Don’t you just love a little moonlight? We sure do! We’re excited to share that Crystal Creations utilizes the Base Game Lunar Cycle. This means that in Crystal Creations, Sims can search out Crystals on their computer or pluck them off a Crystal Tree, and once the Crystal is cut into a Gemstone, the jewelry and Gemstones can be charged with the Crystal determining the effect.

The objects must be placed on the Crystal Charging Grid. Once charged, Sims can wear or display their pieces, experiencing the effects of the Crystal to positively or negatively impact relationships, emotions and in-game progress. Depending on the Crystal the effects of the charging may wane over time and your Sims will need to recharge to feel the full effect once again.

With the introduction of 3 new crystals, Amber, Jade and Moonstone, there are currently 27 total crystals across all packs for Sims to discover. Sims can find Crystals anywhere! Locate Common, Uncommon and Rare Crystals in dig spots and rocks on any world or lot, while Uncommon Crystals can also be purchased from the computer or at the Gemology Table and Rare Crystals can only be found in different worlds or grown on a Crystal Tree.

Find all different varieties of Crystals around The Sims 4 worlds including:

The Sims 4 Base Game Crystals: (Common) Emerald, Citrine, Quartz, Alabaster, Rose Quartz, Peach Quartz, Ruby, Orange Topaz, Sapphire, Turquoise, (Uncommon) Simanite, Shinolite, Amethyst, Hematite, Diamond, Fire Opal, (Rare) Jonquilyst, Plumbite, Rainborz, Jet
    The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack: (Common) Nitelite, Crandestine
    The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure Game Pack: (Uncommon) Amazonite, (Rare) Alexandrite
    The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack: (Common) Jade, (Uncommon) Moonstone, (Rare) Amber

vLawZgZ.png

Dark and Dreamy

The ultimate crystal adventure isn’t complete without the right dash of mystery and intrigue. When it’s time to collect your colorful Crystals and slip into colorful crystal slippers, bejeweled leather boots and artisan clothing, including button down vests and shirts and floral tops with puffed sleeves. To add even more sparkle, check out the new hairs with fierce metallic hoops or delicate jeweled pins.

After a long day of cutting, collecting, crafting and selling Crystals and jewelry, relax in a cozy humble abode equipped with soft velvety sofas, stare into mirrors embedded with Crystals and spend many starry nights at your Gemology Table learning the tricks of the trade.

The Sims 4 collaborated with Simmer Arethabee to develop a dreamy set of jewelry available in Create-A-Sim, featuring a necklace, a ring and earrings. Her designs are delicate and sophisticated and a perfect addition to this sparkling pack. We love working with our community of creators and cannot wait to see what you make with these dazzling new designs.

You can learn more about The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack during the Gameplay Developer Walkthrough on Wednesday, February 28, 2024 at 11am PDT on The Sims Official Twitch and YouTube channels.

The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack will launch on February 29, 2024 on PC via EA app™, Mac® via Origin, and Steam®, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One systems. The Sims 4 has officially launched on the Epic Games Store as well, another download destination for this Stuff Pack.

The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack requires The Sims 4 base game, available free to download & all game updates. See minimum system requirements for the pack.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/crystal-creations-stuff-pack

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I love all the little jewelry displays, wonder if they are functional or just decorative. Would be nice to be able to display our own designs on them.

gEz2VwW.png

I think it's funny how they based this trailer around the Forgotten Grotto, it's going to be very popular soon and the name starts to make sense. :lol: I also see some very pretty new hairstyles.

vLawZgZ.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,436 Member
    Great timing for the pack, got a sim in mind for this 😁
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I love the waistcoat outfit that the girl is wearing in that first photo! There's so much interesting stuff in this pack, I really like how they were thinking outside the box for this. ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

The crystal gnome. Ahh, now I want to make a crystal forest with crystal gnomes, a crystal cave and maybe even a crystal house somehow
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited February 20
    I was completely blah about this at first (where are my dragons?) but the trailer is interesting.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

The crystal gnome. Ahh, now I want to make a crystal forest with crystal gnomes, a crystal cave and maybe even a crystal house somehow

Don't forget a crystal dragon. One day...
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Hm, I assume gemology skill will affect the quality of the crafted jewelry piece (looks like it re trailer), so now I wonder how quality will affect the crafted item - will other sims notice that my sim wears tip top quality earrings crafted from Rare crystals? And not poorly crafted earrings based on Common crystals? There ought to be some difference between Rare and Common, right? And how about value? Will the Rare and well crafted thing sell for more than Common abnd poorly crafted? If so, how will value transefer to CAS? Might be similar to knitting, but I really wish that sims will notice my Duchess' Rare gems at the gala party :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

OH OKAY IDEA

here me out on this one

I surround a lot with sized-up crystals and junk. Like a mountain of crystals that encircle the lot. And if your sim manages to find a way around it, they can visit the monochrome land of crystal, play in the sacred healing waters (ie a pool), dance among the fairy lights (firefly effects), take from the crystal trees and plant them in the land's white sand terrain, and praise the crystal dragon, so that it may bless them with crystal scales on their skin.

It could also be a place for sims to charge their crystals, with a charging grid placed on an altar somewhere on the lot. It could be witch-exclusive, because sims would need to use brooms to fly over the mountains.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

OH OKAY IDEA

here me out on this one

I surround a lot with sized-up crystals and junk. Like a mountain of crystals that encircle the lot. And if your sim manages to find a way around it, they can visit the monochrome land of crystal, play in the sacred healing waters (ie a pool), dance among the fairy lights (firefly effects), take from the crystal trees and plant them in the land's white sand terrain, and praise the crystal dragon, so that it may bless them with crystal scales on their skin.

It could also be a place for sims to charge their crystals, with a charging grid placed on an altar somewhere on the lot. It could be witch-exclusive, because sims would need to use brooms to fly over the mountains.

Well, you sold me on the idea. I'm so ready for a dragon scale blessing.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    I might put crystal trees somewhere in Mt.Komorebi once I have my hands on this pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Honestly, the trailer was meh to me, but after reading the blog post I am more interested in this. I might wait a bit to get until we see how buggy it is, but if no real issues probably will be buying sooner than later.
  • Options
    If you're like me you haven't done anything with crystals for a while so here's a little refresher course for those who want to get a head start on collecting.

The Sims 4 Crystal Collecting Guide

Gems List and Possible Elements from Geo Council

Collecting Crystals in The Sims 4 means digging up Rocks found around the game's Neighborhoods, Parks, and Secret Areas. Any rock could yield any of these, but don't expect it to be a quick process. Metals, Crystals, MySims Trophies, and Fossils all come from the same spawners so this is quite a long process. Rares are more likely to be found off the beaten path, such as in Forgotten Grotto or areas distant from homes in Oasis Springs. See the Guide to Collections for some general Tips to finding them.

The following list of Crystals indicates what Elements that gem may be broken down to when it is sent to the Geo Council. This is how you collect Elements. You'll get one of the Elements listed in the mail the following day after sending it for $20. The Elements further to the right are generally more rare than those first listed, so it may take multiple attempts to finish that collection.

Get to Work adds two new Crystals: Nitelite and Crandestine, which can be found on the Planet Sixam.

4flcz6P.png

WHO4Zuy.png

SQ96t0n.png

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/collections/crystals.php
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    edited February 21
    I really love the vibe of this pack. It gives a reason to actually go and collect crystals in the world again. Normally I just sell them and dont keep them around. Also liking the that we get a much better way to display them instead of having just rows and rows of tables or those massive get to work display racks.

Im gonna enjoy combining all the RoM witchy gameplay like potions with herbalism from OR with this new gemologist skill. I think they will complement each other nicely for an ultimate spell caster.

I’m also thinking Sylvan Glade is gonna get some kind of makeover. There will definitely be a crystal tree growing in there.
  • Options
    I absolutely love the jewelry displays for retail sales.

Screenshot-20240221-064505-2.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited February 21
    I am really excited for this stuff pack, even more so than I was for the chefs hustle pack. Over one thousand different pieces of jewelry, using different designs, different metals, and different crystals. Now my rotational sims can have their own unique pieces of jewelry. I’m wondering if sims will be able to pick their favorite crystal/and or metal ( or have them as likes or dislikes ) and talk about it?

I really like the new hairstyles ( one thing I have always loved about stuff packs ). I like some of the CAS too. I think some of my older sims will be able to wear some of the clothes, and it also looks like some will go well with Horse Ranch too ( and young adult sims ). I like the new low boots too.

I love the look of the Build buy too. I love those box shelves with the glass covers, and the other shelves. The book case with the ladder is so cool too. And that chair that looks like a desk chair ( hope that’s what it is ), I really like that too.

All that clutter and wall hangings will make it look like a real jewelry creators place too.

Love the new gemology skill too. I wonder if there will be any new aspirations or traits?

And the horoscope hints, I hope that means our sims will be getting horoscope/Romantic likes and dislikes soon too! This stuff pack would go so well with a romance gamepack or Expansion pack.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited February 21
    I always wanted to create jewelry from crystal found in game. I love the build buy catalog. It's kind of witchy but I can also use it for some dark academia style decor as well. I love how the stuff pack feels occult like. I love how they added deeper meaning to jewelry and used lunar cycles and power to the use of the stones. I always like birthstones, I wish they could add that and astrology signs to the game some day.

I can't wait to see the create a sim catalog, and I wish there was to see the jewelry up close in cas or in game.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited February 21
    Jewelry shop right next to Nectar shop in Chesnut :love:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited February 21
    I know several people said the CC in this pack looks like leftovers from RoM but I really like them. Right up my alley and I am glad to see more of this particular style.

I love the dress and the hair from the girl in the trailer.
    sims-4-crystal-creations-trailer-screen-73.jpg
    sims-4-crystal-creations-trailer-screen-75-1140x641.jpg

I am also looking forward to the displays. I have a clothing store with my magic shops and can't wait to give it an update with some new decor.
    3e9b1e74d7a435b30a288f097c9a4eccb2190505.pnj

And let's not forget the awesome crystal tree.
    sims-4-crystal-creations-trailer-screen-438.jpg
    How will it work? Can any crystal be grown? Will the tree have different shapes/colours for different crystals?

I wonder if we get an aspiration with this stuff pack. I really hope so but so far none has been mentioned in the blog post.
  • Options
    I dreamt about Crystal Creations last night. It turned out that my sim could craft necklaces for her cats and dogs, and her pets looked real nice with hundreds of gems around their neck ;) And - a sim breaking up would actually throw her wedding ring at her ex. The biggest surprise though, was the preorder bonus gift: A RL diamond ring worth thousands of RL dollars, haha. I guess such a preorder bonus would have raised the sales dramatically :)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just going to say that I actually do like the style of the CAS/clothing from the little bit that we have seen. It's a mix of Victorian/Edwardian and hippie/boho. I don't think it is overly done. I personally know quite a few people with that style who tend to wear that type of jewelry. I don't think anyone has mentioned that the pack works for several eras of historic gameplay from the late 19th c to the 60s/70s and in the 90s when that style came back.

I like the build buy as well and I think the CAS goes with the build buy stuff. Aside from ROM, this pack also goes with Growing Together/San Sequoia which had some of this type of home decor. Anyway, I can see myself using the clothes and build/buy for my sims, especially the flowy dresses and tops.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.