Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When did they add this map icon?

I was having problems with not being able to rotate the camera so I did a "factory reset" by backing up and renaming my Sims 4 folder so that a new folder would be created with original settings (fixed the problem :)). Anyway, when I went to choose where to plunk my test sim down (gave him the original name of Tony Tester lol) I saw this new icon on the world map that seems to indicate built lots a sim can buy. Anyone know when this was added? I haven't refreshed my Sims 4 folder in at least two years (since I got new laptop). Thanks!

Oasis-Springs-Map.png

Comments

• Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I think those were added as part of the tutorial revamp, but I could be wrong.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,468 Member
    I think those were added as part of the tutorial revamp, but I could be wrong.

Thanks @TWSimGamer82, it kind of makes sense I guess.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,233 Member
    I noticed that yesterday when reinstalling the game.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,020 Member
    edited July 2023
    Saw that a couple of days ago. They supposedly indicate affordable starter homes, at least according to what's her name's opening hints thing. It may have been added by the recent update as not seen it before.