Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homework Completion Speed

Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,141 Member
I'm currently playing a family with three teenage boys, while playing them i've noticed two of the boys can finish their homework quite quickly and the other teenage boy seems to take his time while doing his homework. Is this a trait/school related thing?

Comments

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    In general, more highly skilled sims complete homework faster. Maybe the first two teens have have higher logic or research and debate skills than the third one. They also complete homework faster the higher their grades get. See whether they all currently have the same grade or not.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,899 Member
    I believe if they have the Genious trait, they will also be faster.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,126 Member
    edited July 2023
    If the parents or other resident adults help them a lot they should get faster over time as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    In general, more highly skilled sims complete homework faster. Maybe the first two teens have have higher logic or research and debate skills than the third one. They also complete homework faster the higher their grades get. See whether they all currently have the same grade or not.

That's interesting. I just checked all three teens skills and their research and debate skills are level 1 along with logic. I downloaded this family from the gallery and they only have base game traits. Does having the high self esteem trait effect homework speed?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,715 Member
    I've seen some kids have the "breeze through homework", is that what you see? I don't recall what gives them the advantage of doing it faster, I read it once but forgot. Might be the Genius trait...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 339 Member
    I've seen "breeze through homework" for one of my child sims, in addition to "dominate homework" (with that one he hardly has time to open the book) I've never seen these for my teen sims though. (My teens don't often do all of their homework though, so I might just not have seen it yet)

Does the boy that takes his time have the lazy trait? Maybe that makes a difference? Or perhaps he's a perfectionist? (Being a bit of one myself, I know it used to take me a bit longer to do my homework, due to double checking everything. I've re-wrote this post 4 times before submitting it :# ) What are the other boys' traits?
  • Options
    MrPlumbob wrote: »
    I've seen "breeze through homework" for one of my child sims, in addition to "dominate homework" (with that one he hardly has time to open the book) I've never seen these for my teen sims though. (My teens don't often do all of their homework though, so I might just not have seen it yet)

Does the boy that takes his time have the lazy trait? Maybe that makes a difference? Or perhaps he's a perfectionist? (Being a bit of one myself, I know it used to take me a bit longer to do my homework, due to double checking everything. I've re-wrote this post 4 times before submitting it :# ) What are the other boys' traits?

These are all teens. Here are their traits, these are the kids from 'Home Improvement' if you thought the names were familiar. Unfortunately, i can't find this family on the gallery any more it seems.

Brad Taylor:
    R91Xc8Z.png

Randy Taylor:
    PS4xQTL.png

Mark Taylor:
    VQ7u31E.png

Randy and Mark are the one's who can seem to complete their homework at a faster speed than their brother Brad.