Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starter House Renovation Fun

fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
edited June 2023 in The Sims 4 Lots
If anyone is interested, I thought it might be fun to take starter houses (from any world) and post our renovations of them. I renovate starter houses a lot for single sims, couples, or small families. I'm not the best at it but it is still fun! I would love to see what you guys have done. Anyway here is one of mine. <3 It's an early one that I did, but I just opened this save again after....probably six months? And I thought it was kind of cute. A couple and their two daughters live there. It's a renovation of Lagoon Look.

06-18-23-5-20-59-PM.png

06-18-23-5-21-12-PM.png

06-18-23-5-21-24-PM.png

06-18-23-5-21-36-PM.png

06-18-23-5-22-07-PM.png

06-18-23-5-22-17-PM.png

06-18-23-5-22-27-PM.png

All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
Post edited by fujicakes1 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Your renovation of Lagoon Look is very lovely! :) Very pretty pink colour and wall panelling. The furnishing of each room is lovely. The design of the kitchen, dining and living room is great! Very nice hot tub and loungers deck.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your renovation of Lagoon Look is very lovely! :) Very pretty pink colour and wall panelling. The furnishing of each room is lovely. The design of the kitchen, dining and living room is great! Very nice hot tub and loungers deck.

Thanks so much! I don't always have a lot of confidence compared to everyone's intricate builds, when I'm just redecorating and renovating already existing houses. But I try not to compare myself, because I do have a good time. I started this thread hoping that people like me who also feel intimidated by the really crazy builds might feel comfortable sharing things they have done, but I guess people are interested in other things! Which is ok.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
  • Options
    PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    Great idea @fujicakes1 - I might do one. Do you do them within a budget or with any other rules in place?
  • Options
    I never really thought of it before earlier today when I made a challenge for myself to start out a sim with only 20k simoleons and I renovated Lagoon Look (the same lot as above) with only that. It was actually really fun, and I think I'll do challenges for myself more often. And I was able to do way more than I thought I would be able to. Maybe we can set a budget for this thread since they are starter houses, but it could be a bit, after all if someone buys a house they generally have saved for awhile to do so. What do you think a good simoleon limit would be? 50k maybe? Just a single straight motherload cheat amount? I'll do a starter house within that limit too, see how far I can go with it! I hope that you do one - I will be excited to see! And I'll be excited to see what starter house you choose, if you do one!
  • Options
    Ok um ACTUALLY I think that we should keep the monetary limit at 20k simoleons, because when I tried 50k with a small starter house it was like...when will I run out of cash? lol. the 20k was def more of a challenge, but it still wound up pretty nice for a starter house. So how does 20k sound, and no unlocking locked items?
  • Options
    Ok so this is the first house that I renovated with only 20k. I am only just now posting pics because I have a sleep disorder so I get very tired lol. BUT here it is, finally.

06-24-23-3-04-29-PM.png

06-24-23-3-04-36-PM.png

06-24-23-3-04-53-PM.png

06-24-23-3-05-03-PM.png

06-24-23-3-05-21-PM.png

06-24-23-3-05-46-PM.png

06-24-23-3-06-08-PM.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Your renovated home is lovely! @fujicakes1 :) Very pretty pink, blue and brown colours. The roses are very nice on the bedside tables. Very lovely furnishing and great double computer desks. The easels painting area is very nice and lovely seating for watching tv.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This is honestly a great thread. I hope you continue to do that. I'm sometimes a renovator or builder as well. It just depends on what I want to do but I do a lot of renovations. It's very interesting to see different ways of creatively working with the same spaces.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    I really like your idea and hope some more people will post their starter home renos as well.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen