Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time To Check Your Mods - Right?

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
Will it be Infants? Who knows; EA has no qualms in disappointing us. But that's what they want us to think.

Remember, if you have a bunch of mods... well, remember Toddlers? This is a new lifestage, for pity's sake. It will mangle every family mod, your 'realism' mods, your direct CAS mods... anything that affects babies, toddlers, or the baby-to-toddler transition... Plenty of furniture CC too, And your ability to open CAS from New Game.

Don't forget mods affecting Vampires, Werewolves, and Spellcasters. They have babies too!

It's probably going to have bugs, sure. But if you have any mods, any at all, it's time to refresh them. The good mods will be updated within the week, and you're going to have to make do with lemons until the lemonade comes.

This isn't just a new type of life. This will affect EVERYTHING.

So check your mods, ALL of them. RIGHT NOW.
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    I just don't update the game. I'm not sure what checking mods pre-patch will do, but I think it's a good idea to always keep mods up-to-date with your version of the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    So what you're saying is, you're making a post to clarify that nothing I'm pointing out will affect you?

You're right, people who don't update don't need to check their mods.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,116 Member
    Yeah, this is what's making me worry too. I'm so excited about infants, but there are going to inevitably be huge bugs, even without mods, so yep, will be waiting to hear about any issues before I update!
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well if you never update the game at all, obviously no patch ever will affect you.
    I mean I don't rush to patch my game. I wait until after there's a decent understanding of what bugs are involved and how the update will affect my mods. If I have a key mod that's broken, I'll wait until its updated or batch fix CC or update/test/play on a secondary computer or do whatever I can to keep my game relatively bug-free and all my mods working...

After I got a deadly save bug in Sims 3, I have never updated on patch day or installed a pack right as its released.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    haneul wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well if you never update the game at all, obviously no patch ever will affect you.
    I mean I don't rush to patch my game.

Ah well, that's a bit different. In fact it's a lot different. In fact, we agree entirely, since while there will inevitably be bugs, somebody who left mods in on patch day is going to have problems - possibly big enough to erase entire families.

Even so, with something that affects CAS so much, some of your CC may be affected.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Does this mean an update has arrived?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited January 2023
    I keep hearing there's an update today, but is there any confirmation from the Sim's team?

Surely if there is a patch, we should get enough advanced warning that we can remove our mods folder and back up our saves.

Also, does anyone know how Curseforge works if we remove our mods folder?
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2023
    Has the idea of an update today come from anywhere official, or is it just a fan rumour (like the very persistent 'babies on January 3rd' thing)?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    What is there to check if the patch isn't out yet? :|
  • Options
    Check them ahead of time. Check that you know what mods you have, where you found them, and whether you'll ever get them back.

Besides, this is in Speculation for a reason!
  • Options
    ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    It's 8am EST already, I don't think it's today
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    It's 8am EST already, I don't think it's today

I think patches launch at 1pm EST. Of course, I could be mistaken.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,027 Member
    Not to mention: Lifespans. yes we had trouble with those even with high school years adjusting teen stage but what about adding entire lifestage :sweat_smile: I sure hope this isn't another sim death storm
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I keep hearing there's an update today, but is there any confirmation from the Sim's team?

Surely if there is a patch, we should get enough advanced warning that we can remove our mods folder and back up our saves.

We didn't get advanced warning of the Toddler patch, they just dropped them one day without any hints, clues, announcement, etc.
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Has the idea of an update today come from anywhere official, or is it just a fan rumour (like the very persistent 'babies on January 3rd' thing)?

For the record, my intention wasn't to start a "rumor" but just to share the funny dream I had and let people speculate when they could come. :)
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

We didn't get advanced warning of the Toddler patch, they just dropped them one day without any hints, clues, announcement, etc.

True, I've heard that. I didn't start playing Sims 4 until after they added toddlers. But we already know the infants are coming. Plus lately there's usually a warning about patch day even if it's a relatively minor one.

I won't be disappointed if infants come today though. I did move my mods folder out and back up saves just in case.
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 222 Member
    I am 99% sure we have infants today. Better take out your mods and make a backpack copy of your saves etc, just in case
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I would be quite happy if it were today (or very soon). I am on my 49th generation and it would be exciting for the 50th to be the first infant.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    ThyBountyHunterThyBountyHunter Posts: 2 New Member
    My GF asked me to post this link, for some reason she cannot sign in, change password or what not, good job EA.

https://thesimarchitect.com/the-sims-4-1-94-147-1030-update-january-17th-2023/?fbclid=IwAR3IdHbkzJ--fQ_7WxNhelyWkVo8bEyQR-95Zzpz_nYTptzVDL6I8Ua4TzY
  • Options
    ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    update live now. 95mb lmao.

• Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    ok no infants :(
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    I didn't think it would be today originally but I started getting my hopes up :'( Silly me!