Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,775 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Just the idea of placing a huuuge treehouse in a garden, requires a bigger lot even for a smaller home.

I hope sims can live in that house.

You mean live in the treehouse ? That would be a fun idea. I can see it as a way to start a rags to riches with a teen.

I'm betting it's a rabbit hole, but hopefully one that works like a tent.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    This was posted yesterday and I missed it.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 578 Member
    What are those three symbols next to the little map - the bottom symbol especially?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,775 Member
    What are those three symbols next to the little map - the bottom symbol especially?

Looks like a dog on the third symbol. Maybe you can power walk with your dog.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I am hoping for larger lots, the 20×15 size is very limiting. For a pack geared more towards family life I would like to see lots large enough for family homes, preferably 40×30 or larger.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023

Based on what I can see through the blurriness and current/upcoming content...
    1. Sim walking
    2. Sim walking with infant (or backpack) on back
    3. Dog on a leash
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 578 Member
    Thanks @telemwill @EmmaVane It is very blurry but I think you’re right. Those symbols would make good sense.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    Thanks @telemwill @EmmaVane It is very blurry but I think you’re right. Those symbols would make good sense.

Middle one isn't a sim + infant/backpack.

Looks like a power walking sim.

V6qXByU.png
    Bottom one obscured in this screenshot though. This is one of the official screenshots for the pack, so possibly a different area of the world.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 189 Member
    edited March 2023
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Based on what I can see through the blurriness and current/upcoming content...
    1. Sim walking
    2. Sim walking with infant (or backpack) on back
    3. Dog on a leash

I think Maxis is opening worlds for dog-walker townies! It also shows on the concept map from BTS. Another mod can be gotten rid of!
  • Options

V6qXByU.png
    Bottom one obscured in this screenshot though. This is one of the official screenshots for the pack, so possibly a different area of the world.

And the bird thought means bird watching which is coming with Growing Together.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member

V6qXByU.png

And the bird thought means bird watching which is coming with Growing Together.

That would actually be a nice change from "discovered the guppy" ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited March 2023
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Only 12 lots ? That’s not much. I mean usually almost all the lots are already filled and you have to move the premade families out so you can place your own sims, because there’s not enough lots.
    Also I hope the lots are big enough to build family homes this time and not mainly tiny 20 x15 lots like in High School years.

More 30x20 lots would be greatly appreciated. That is the perfect size for a residential lot.

My legacy families beg to differ - I usually feel like they don't have enough space to have both a big enough house and a usable yard on a lot smaller than 40x30 or 50x40. Now 64x64 is definitely oversized.
    But I also agree that I'd like to see more 30x20 or larger lots, not little 20x15s you can barely fit a starter home on. Those can be useful for small retail lots or parks though.

I like the 64x64 lots. I have played a huge family on one and they each built their own homes on the lot creating a neighborhood. They each had their own lives, did their own thing and met for Sunday dinner in a middle park I created for them on the lot. I had roads, trees and everything I needed for the "neighborhood"

Imagination goes a long way.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Only 12 lots ? That’s not much. I mean usually almost all the lots are already filled and you have to move the premade families out so you can place your own sims, because there’s not enough lots.
    Also I hope the lots are big enough to build family homes this time and not mainly tiny 20 x15 lots like in High School years.

More 30x20 lots would be greatly appreciated. That is the perfect size for a residential lot.

I actually wish we had more of the 20x15 lots. I think most of the lots are too big. But I want tons of them!

Thing is we can build a small home on a big lot and fill the rest with some plants. But we obviously can't build big on small lots. 20x30 is a nice size for a family home, but I prefer 30x40. I hope we can get some variety in lot sizes in the new world

This is exactly my thinking. I would much rather have big lots. Often times if I want a small living area I turn big lots into a forest or a beach or a jungle or whatever I want and give my sims a tiny home on it. But it's hard for me to use places like kimorebi because we cannot make small lots bigger when I need it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »

My legacy families beg to differ - I usually feel like they don't have enough space to have both a big enough house and a usable yard on a lot smaller than 40x30 or 50x40. Now 64x64 is definitely oversized.
    But I also agree that I'd like to see more 30x20 or larger lots, not little 20x15s you can barely fit a starter home on. Those can be useful for small retail lots or parks though.

I like the 64x64 lots. I have played a huge family on one and they each built their own homes on the lot creating a neighborhood. They each had their own lives, did their own thing and met for Sunday dinner in a middle park I created for them on the lot. I had roads, trees and everything I needed for the "neighborhood"

Imagination goes a long way.

I love doing this! Especially with trailer parks. Lock door feature keeps everyone in their own home so this works well.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Were getting world coverage tomorrow!!!!
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 716 Member
    Today!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    I'm so ready! Just from the small bits we've seen I have so many ideas for how to use this new world to expand my stories.🥰
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited March 2023
    honestly I have no idea what I am gonna do with this world yet :sweat_smile:
    I feel like its just gonna be really ''normiecore'' as the youth says
    I don't really get much occulty ''vibes'' here
    (definitely been watching too much youtube lately its affecting my vocabulary)

still hoping there is suitable area to put some small one story houses
    I figure that is category of houses I actually do not have much yet
    just like simple houses

I always end with like 2-4 floors trying to do cool exteriors its a problem
    yet I really don't want one story mansions those are pain to play
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    As a former SF resident I'm honestly disappointed with the world (my only disappointment for this otherwise essential pack). It's clearly suuuch a sleepy, minimal version of the area and the map looks so sad. The omission of multi-family housing or apartments is also just silly since that's where everyone but the most wealthy rents, not owns.

I do know of a few builders that have built some wonderful SF inspired multi household lots and apartments and I'll definitely be downloading those to make things a little more true to life.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I'm a little disappointed with the world. I don't feel there are enough lots. And I wish they showed the lot sizes.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Are there any swimmable areas in the new world?
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 556 Member
    Another ghost town. If the team is going to continue to build such large neighborhoods (all in the service of giving sims a bigger area to walk around, I guess?) I wish they would stick to rural worlds. Nothing is more immersion breaking than a city world that is almost completely devoid of sims.

• Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Are there any swimmable areas in the new world?

Yes. They mentioned one in the Gilbert Gardens area. I don't think the one in Hopewood Hills (?) is swimmable, just fishable. That's all they mentioned about it anyway.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,321 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Another ghost town. If the team is going to continue to build such large neighborhoods (all in the service of giving sims a bigger area to walk around, I guess?) I wish they would stick to rural worlds. Nothing is more immersion breaking than a city world that is almost completely devoid of sims.

Yeah, it dosen't make sense.Im excited for the rest of the pack.The world is just a disappointment.