Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Windenburg

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,125 Member
    edited July 2022
    supersized but now there isn't windows that work with the wall height
    and also I feel like its too front on the lot
    mSTcYXO.png
    72fCB0v.png
    also backside didn't really improve :lol:
    xtAUcip.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,528 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    supersized but now there isn't windows that work with the wall height
    and also I feel like its too front on the lot

I think there are too many small windows on the bell towers. Here's a couple pictures of cathedrals that look like the one you built, you could try to replicate the window placement here.

Wurzburg-Cathedral.jpg

Church-of-the-Redeemer-Bad-Homburg-640x512.jpg

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,153 Member
    I think too, there are too many windows. Older buildings usually have smaller windows. I've compared with my churches who are at least a little bit similar and I used almost the same windows. With MWS there came with a few new capable windows, but mostly I've sticked on these basegame windows or get together window. When I built them, I always try to remember that the game has only a few and limited options for such kinds of builds, for example the tainted lead windows or fancy old wall decorations. So you have to make compromises anyways, for better detailed builds you need bigger lots.
    JjmGtE7.png
    oZZ6D0H.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    yeah there just really is no windows that would work both aesthetically and for size of the build

and the backside just ends up weird cause i can't really expand to the side or back with this lot size so more i put in front more off balance it gets but to shrink length to put something in the back also looks extremely wrong :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    I've googled churches so much trying to build this that now google thinks I'm religious :joy: no google I just want to build one in sims so my sims may worship me
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Okay cathedral/church related struggles are finally over
    I was about to give up cause it was too much for my poor brain but then I found this absolutely gorgeous build on gallery
    Gothic Cathedral By PCCSBF
    00.jpg

this i then modified to be 2 tower for my Windenburg
    but mostly I was just resizing, rearranging and simplifying *cough* (destroying) it to make it easier to play
    hmFQN7Y.png
    nbcZxwX.png
    Nq739nQ.png
    I really love how door aligns on side here
    fYdlDsm.png
    I also added basement level because I realized theres fake entrance there for one
    its empty but this is where I realized... the shape of this building, oh well.
    vHqTNT0.png
    it'll look great there for now and I'll furnish it in sims medieval fashion one day
    maybe doing something spooky in that basement yes
    8bhAwis.png
    Anyway from this we learn
    if you can't build it just don't
    go to the gallery since it exists :lol:
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 974 Member
    Well. In one of my savegames I turned Windenburg into a viking age town. I'd post screenshots, but I'm currently on mobile :/

Maybe when I get home. If I remember.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Well. In one of my savegames I turned Windenburg into a viking age town. I'd post screenshots, but I'm currently on mobile :/

Maybe when I get home. If I remember.

that sounds so cool wanna seeeee :open_mouth::heart:
  • Options
    I'm home!

Got some pictures 😊

First, the map. The parts I've actually changed, that is.
    A lot of this is builds I've gotten from the gallery, but I've built some myself too! I'll show those in a spoiler so I don't stretch the page too much.

unknown.png
    This area is my priority, of course. The island works pretty well for historical gameplay!

unknown.png
    Then, there's this area across the sea. I built one of these lots, the rest are from the gallery.

unknown.png
    Then there's this area, where I'm putting most of the community lots, because the area itself looks far too modern for any viking age sim to actually live there. And, at the time, I was running out of rural space to place more of the awesome builds I found on the gallery... Recently I've used the most rural bits of Henford for that, though.

As for my own builds...
    Autumn makes every build look bad when there are still some green plant objects that won't change with the seasons, so please don't mind the bright green "grass" roof and bushes, but here's this longhouse!
    26.07.2022_17-35-52.png
    26.07.2022_17-41-53.png

Then, there's the jarl's homestead... Honestly for this one I got the landscaping as a part of a shell challenge from the gallery, but the buildings are mine, especially the middle one. I forgot to screenshot the inside. Oops.
    26.07.2022_18-21-39.png

And then, here's a screenshot from build mode; my attempt at recreating Thors' home from Vinland Saga! With very non-icelandic landscaping because we're in Windenburg.
    26.07.2022_19-10-12.png
    26.07.2022_19-10-36.png

Though the versions that are in my game have some minor modifications such as the addition of CC and extra landscaping, all these are on the gallery. My Origin ID is Magdaleena96.

And that is all I've got to show off at the moment, hope you enjoyed. Have some recent gameplay photos too.
    26.07.2022_18-14-21.png
    26.07.2022_17-42-51.png
    26.07.2022_18-08-44.png
    26.07.2022_18-43-13.png

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Don't mind me hitting the awesome 10 times in row because i kept thinking i didnt hit it enough :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Inspired by @Magdaleena s Viking builds
    I decided that Bjergsens instead of having another boring modern house get Viking house.
    yes, little outside character I know

but I decided that since they are such hobbyists they have embraced new hobby
    ofcourse they will add few modern touches, given they are building this house in modern times
    also they just may have cut some corners by going to Ikea you know Bjergsens

Sofia hates this new house passionately since it doesn't have good wifi how is she supposed to be teen idol from here
    but what can she do when her whole family is trying to live that #VikingLifestyle

khyfSPQ.png
    ybRga5W.png
    gonna need to still figure out the exterior and then maybe add some kind of workshop for items they can't be having inside the viking house
    h5jWnnC.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Okay, that's actually hilarious and I love it :D

Actually reminds me that I ALSO happened to keep the Bjergsen family in the viking age savefile. Not quite the same way as you; these ones are no longer in modern times and there was no time travel involved. Mostly I'm thinking of these as a coincidentally extremely similar ancestral family, so I changed their names to be more historically appropriate. But they're most definitely the Bjergsens. After all, they seem rather Swedish to me so I figured it just fit them. (I'm Norwegian myself)

I even used them to model this dress I made! (toddler was added by myself lol)
    8a4ed25b8f43004d89798a22cbbfd3bad8ac192a.png

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Oooooh they look awesome I almost like these Bjergsens :lol:
    I have my limitations set by whats in the game since I don't use cc
    but I will surely try and see if I can make them look little bit more viking like
    or at least like modern people trying to be viking core :lol:

love that makeup on Sofia I will probably try that actually
    but maybe I'll give that look to Elsa since Sofia is so not into the viking lifestyle in my save :lol:
  • Options
    Well hey, whatever works! There are a couple of dresses in the vanilla game that are vaguely viking-ish... I actually used a dress from Cats and Dogs as a base for this one, but there's also one in Cottage Living that also fits pretty decently.

You're welcome to steal the makeup look for Elsa :D

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

I've been trying to mostly keep Winenburg with a pseudo-medieval vibe.

mBF0bxX.png

@CK213 I love that background 'map' you have for Windenberg! Where I can I get it? :smiley:

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    my castle seeing all these other big gorgeous castles like
    ''I wish I was that cool :cry: ''
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,101 Member
    @Simmingal that church looks fantastic! Funny, I was just working on a church today, maybe I'll steal some ideas off you. :) I thought I'd replace Hare Square with a church since I never visit that park anyway.

I love the inspiration I get here, so many great builds. I have most lots figured out myself, though a bit more work to do before I am done and ready to post. I wonder though - does anyone have any ideas about the pool lot? I am considering something akin to an arcade, or amusement park or just a place for teens to hang out, but would love some more inspiration.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,065 Member
    I love those Viking builds @Magdaleena !
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Updating progress
    bzpbjMf.png
    feeling lost with the lots I marked with yellow cause I feel like I need to make space for all the dang clubs there but idk

like I feel adventurers and garden gnomes need park and upper crusts need restaurant and paragons need party place to hangout
    but I don't really see them going to my Factory One nightclub once I've finished it or club slate so I just be struggling :lol:

also pools were kinda windenburg thing too
    so I want to add one but it just doesn't fit anywhere else than where it was neatly
    I was trying to combine it with nightclub but its kinda hard cause the lot sizes and if i make like whole pool the nightclub then where the kids gonna swim

oh well.

also the lot i placed library in kind of bothers me cause i like the exterior but its not really giving me library or cafe :sweat_smile:

aand since theres arcade machine in this pack i kinda wanna use it but where :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    some close ups of Bjergsens n their wnb viking house
    LjUZKjF.png
    I added some small things for exterior so its less of a just box
    Gk8soTU.png
    and study/woodworking room for Bjorn cause I figured he needs one
    sQ83Qru.png
    B17rf57.png
    bothers me to end of earth how the columns disappear when you get close though be so nice if they stayed in place
    nEc0AHU.png
    I didn't play much with Bjergsens yet but I just tested some routing
    VcVHFqs.png
    Don't really know what to dress Bjorn in yet maybe like some knit wear from knitting pack could work or something
    but this is how others ended up
    fRs4NVO.png
    thought it was funny that when I added Sofia back to Paragons she just changed the dress to pink one :lol:
    also that its get famous dress is just kinda funny to me like she already had it but now she has to pretend its viking wear
    w0xzqEz.png
    aand yes Bjorn is getting ready to become detective instead of agent cause thats kinda vibe
    a2GilNt.png
    looking forward to when Elsa grows up so I can do more of soldier look for her :sunglasses:
  • Options

@Simmingal I have a different version of the Bjergsens. I put them in a medieval castle. Haven't worked alot on it yet. I love your build as a reference to use it's rooms and stuff to integrate into the castle. :)
    Could you please upload it to the gallery?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Simmingal I have a different version of the Bjergsens. I put them in a medieval castle. Haven't worked alot on it yet. I love your build as a reference to use it's rooms and stuff to integrate into the castle. :)

Sorry for late reply :sweat_smile:

I think I'll be able to add Bjergsens house late today or tomorrow

(well whenever the rooms stop spinning i guess is the right answer i was gonna add it yesterday but i was hit by i was struck by a plate of french fries and now am having spinning time)

Sims Medieval builds will come at much later date though I still have lots of decisions to make and build to do with those :sweat_smile:

don't really know which you were asking about cause i am confused bean but hopefully answered the question

I will add links here when i get things on gallery :smile:
  • Options

(well whenever the rooms stop spinning i guess is the right answer i was gonna add it yesterday but i was hit by i was struck by a plate of french fries and now am having spinning time)

Sims Medieval builds will come at much later date though I still have lots of decisions to make and build to do with those :sweat_smile:

don't really know which you were asking about cause i am confused bean but hopefully answered the question

I meant I like your "Viking" style build on that lot. Very creative!

If you want to upload it, I'll download it off the gallery. I will credit you as inspiration for some of the rooms IF I ever upload the castle. That castle I have was not my build either, so it's unlikely I'll ever upload it anyways.

Unless I play it for a year or two "in-game" and have it as my own modification.

Still, I will credit people for the originals.

Your build gave me ideas. I love the cauldron for cooking, haha! awesome!

Remember "Viking" times actually goes before what is termed "The Medieval Ages". Of course pushed into the Medieval ages. ;)
    Also "Viking" roughly means "traveller". So the Norsemen were not actually "Vikings" until they travelled. Yes I'm a history nerd. :tongue:

That being said, I love the pseudo-viking fantasy. (Based very roughly on real history, of course) :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited August 2022

I meant I like your "Viking" style build on that lot. Very creative!

If you want to upload it, I'll download it off the gallery. I will credit you as inspiration for some of the rooms IF I ever upload the castle. That castle I have was not my build either, so it's unlikely I'll ever upload it anyways.

Unless I play it for a year or two "in-game" and have it as my own modification.

Still, I will credit people for the originals.

Your build gave me ideas. I love the cauldron for cooking, haha! awesome!

Remember "Viking" times actually goes before what is termed "The Medieval Ages". Of course pushed into the Medieval ages. ;)
    Also "Viking" roughly means "traveller". So the Norsemen were not actually "Vikings" until they travelled. Yes I'm a history nerd. :tongue:

That being said, I love the pseudo-viking fantasy. (Based very roughly on real history, of course) :D

Oh sure you are free to use however you may :sunglasses:

I do usually share what i build on gallery just takes me a while with more grand builds as I don't like posting 5 versions of same build so i have to know when the build is ready for sharing :lol:

but since its Bjergsen house wanted that shall be arriving soon :sunglasses:

Finnish myself so my actual Viking knowledge isn't very extensive but I do quite enjoy the pseudo Viking vibes yes

do wish we had more items with this vibe I always feel like game lacks the historical fantasy adventure
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    00.jpg
    Bjergsen house
    is now on gallery

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list