Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't my Alien fight off Vlad?

I'm cross. I forgot to lock the doors and Vlad got in and bit my Alien before I could wake her up. Why can't Aliens fight Vlad? They must have equal powers against one another. It's a waste of Aliens if they don't have a different life course when they manage to go up in a spacecraft or use their alien powers on Earth. A wasted opportunity or is there something coming later?

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It's just an extremely shallow game. Sorry to bear bad news but anything deeper than surface appearances and a few animations does not exist unfortunately.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It's just an extremely shallow game. Sorry to bear bad news but anything deeper than surface appearances and a few animations does not exist unfortunately.

Aliens seemed to be a bit of an afterthought and not thought through properly. I get the feeling that someone responsible left Maxis in the middle of creating them!
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I kind of doubt it is due to one employee quitting halfway through, but they do feel very tacked on to GTW and they haven't been addressed at all besides the nerfs. (Shame since theh had some good ideas like Sixam.) They're both occults and not in many ways, largely ignored by systems like mermaids.

But yeah, no coded conflicts. I personally wouldn't assume they would have them anyway. No occult should automatically beat the other by virtue of mere existence, and aliens don't have the depth to have some sort of counter you can earn.
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    Occults have undergone quite a evolution in Sims 4.
    Basically a complete rewrite of the old occults is needed to bring them into the same framework as vampires and werewolves, but I have my doubts that EA will revisit old content.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I would be cool if aliens could have a sort of "battle of the minds" when a vampire attempts to use their powers on them, and vice versa! An alien tries to erase a vampire's memory or a vampire tries to hypnotize an alien, and there's a clash of powers as one tries to resist the other! Man, that would be awesome...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.