Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the hate?

HI guys

Having just recently purchased and iPad, I was wondering how the sims 3 is on it
Many people say its boring ect but i've not really heard why they think that, since the conversation quickly turns to 'bla bla ipad suck bla'

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MinkleMinkle Posts: 88 Member
    edited December 2012
    It just depends on what you expect out of the game. You will need internet access while playing it on the iPad, I have an iPad 2 32GB and I have the game on there. You'll also need to be willing to wake up to do the different challenges / bring your sim to work, etc. It can be fun as long as you are willing to put in the effort to make the game entertaining. I however, like the full version better on the PC. But it is a personal choice.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited December 2012
    People say it is boring, well because it is. You cannot have a baby. You cannot change the structure of your house. The graphics are atrocious. There is not much furniture and most of it needs to be unlocked. No lifestates. No actual death. Hardly any social interactions. And, I have not even scratched the surface. If you want to have the Sims on iPhone, get Freeplay.
  • Options
    CoolGalrocks51CoolGalrocks51 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited December 2012
    The sims 3 for mobile devices don't have all the features that the game does for the PC/Mac or they have a limited amount of it. For example you can't have babies, you can't add expansion packs (but you can but them as seperate games), and in some versions you can only have two sims per household. The only game that will let you have babies is the sims 3 ambitions and the sims freeplay for mobile devices. Ambitons limits you to only one and it doesn't grow past the toddler stage. I have the game for both PC and ipod touch and if I were you I'd get it for your computer. It's so much better besides the price. :D
  • Options
    CoolGalrocks51CoolGalrocks51 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited December 2012
    But getting it for mobile devices is good if your traveling and just want the basics of a sims game.