Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Colonie-de-Marcel, a French Colonial World

Hello, or bonjour :wink:

This my first attempt to actually branch out and try to have people make me finish something. I've never completed a world before, but I've started dozens upon dozens. I've never created a thread on here, just lurked around :mrgreen:

I'm not fluent in French, nor have I ever claimed to be. I am, however, in love with French culture. :lol: If someone who speaks French notices an error in any names or anything (including the name of the world! :oops: ) then please point it out to me so I can fix it ASAP.

None of the descriptions, names, or story lines are definite as of right now. This is very much in its rough draft stage!

Description of Colonie-de-Marcel
A historic colony in the pleasant-yet-unpleasant seas of the North, this settlement offers a full life; whether it's living in modern luxury, chatting with locals, going for an arctic swim, or unraveling ancient mysteries, you are sure to have a great life here.

Story of the Colonie-de-Marcel
Marcel was sent by the long-forgotten brother of Admiral Landgraab, General Landgraab of France, to explore the Northern Seas of the world. Marcel stumbled upon a string of islands, mostly desolated in the colder temperatures. Natives of the islands were cold in greeting him, and turned him to the Island without Homes. There, one of the natives saw him and fell in love with him. Marcel, however, wasn't patient with her and her lifestyle. The mystery of their love has been around for centuries, since the colony was first formed, but no one has been able to solve it... yet.

(to be expanded?)

Onto pictures!

Here's an overview shot of what I have completed so far. It's not much, but it's definitely a start.
colony1_zps1bd49b29.png

The old harbour, I plan on demolishing the white house there and replacing it with something less pleasant.
colony2_zps77f72c80.png

Opposite direction of the harbour is where the city life begins to develop. I plan on keeping all the buildings within a historic façade, but some will have modern or updated interiors (houses and maybe the gym, venues, etc.)
colony3_zpsdb065b4c.png

Currently, I have in my mind that the harbour area will be where werewolves are, the thatch buildings that are surrounding are for witches, the island that is completely untouched is for vampires (maybe?) and the island with the giant shipwreck is for fairies. Mostly because I don't like how unorganised all the Supernatural life is in-game, it kind of ruins things for me.

I also don't really plan on adding bridges. The LLAMA transportation is masked into some lots on different islands, or you can swim. :roll:

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? :mrgreen:

**ALSO, there's definitely room for more islands to be place, if any ideas are grand enough!

Comments

• Options
    JackmontcJackmontc Posts: 233 Member
    edited December 2012
    Looks excellent so far - and loving the name! :thumbup:

And I know, I have the problem of never finishing worlds as well. For me it helps to put it on the forum - then I feel that I'm letting people who comment down if I don't finish it - an extra incentive!

Good luck, Hope to see it finished!
  • Options
    AlyexAlyex Posts: 84
    edited December 2012
    Jackmontc wrote:
    Looks excellent so far - and loving the name! :thumbup:

And I know, I have the problem of never finishing worlds as well. For me it helps to put it on the forum - then I feel that I'm letting people who comment down if I don't finish it - an extra incentive!

Good luck, Hope to see it finished!

That is exactly why I put it on here. :lol: Thank you :mrgreen: