The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you most excited about this EP?

Ok, so I know it's kinda early, and we have not seen everything...but for me I'm excited about:
- adventures (exploring a tomb in Egypt to find some rare gem, ahh it's a dream come true!)
- mummies!
- secret doors/switches etc. (makes me wanna build a huge mansion!!!)
There will be more stuff, but for now I'm super excited about this. Please share your thoughts! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    Simscreator16Simscreator16 Posts: 1,143 New Member
    edited August 2009
    bufflee wrote:
    Ok, so I know it's kinda early, and we have not seen everything...but for me I'm excited about:
    - adventures (exploring a tomb in Egypt to find some rare gem, ahh it's a dream come true!)
    - mummies!
    There will be more stuff, but for now I'm super excited about this. Please share your thoughts! :mrgreen:

There only three locatins China, France, Egypt, and thats it and world adventures seems boring to eps like University and Familystories. :?
  • Options
    buffleebufflee Posts: 258 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Family Stories? You mean Family Fun Stories? That's a SP
  • Options
    Simscreator16Simscreator16 Posts: 1,143 New Member
    edited August 2009
    bufflee wrote:
    Family Stories? You mean Family Fun Stories? That's a SP

Life Stories my bad, but still WA doesn't seem that exciting
  • Options
    AngelDovePlayerAngelDovePlayer Posts: 308 Member
    edited August 2009
    the basement tool, switches for hidden passageways. This will open up a whole new way of building. and puzzles on adventures
  • Options
    sgreen37sgreen37 Posts: 821 New Member
    edited August 2009
    University was THE MOST boring sims 2 expansion made. Sending your sims down into tombs and catacombs with mummies, deffinately beats sending your sim to a boring university for 20 sim days just to do more work.

Anyways, now that I have that off my chest, I can't wait for the mummies! That's the first thing I'm gonna do.
  • Options
    _It__It_ Posts: 198 Member
    edited August 2009
    mummies!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a creature whroe, i cant wait for more ep's so i can get a neighborhood of many wouldnderful creatures!
  • Options
    buffleebufflee Posts: 258 New Member
    edited August 2009
    _It_ wrote:
    mummies!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a creature whroe, i cant wait for more ep's so i can get a neighborhood of many wouldnderful creatures!

I KNOW!!! One of the things I was happy about when purchasing EP for the sims 2 was the creatures! (Except the genie from FT! And FT is the most boring ep anyway...for me). I stayed the whole night trying to turn my sim into a werewolf! :lol:
  • Options
    dellapiazzadellapiazza Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2009
    basements FINALLY
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2009
    Making nectar (I love making smallholder / farmer sims so this really appeals to me)
  • Options
    ilovepieilovepie Posts: 577 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Claire17 wrote:
    Making nectar (I love making smallholder / farmer sims so this really appeals to me)

i want to do that too. makea basement for ageing necter and have a farm growing the types of grapes for the difrent tryped of necter and stuff.
  • Options
    GinypumkinGinypumkin Posts: 207 Member
    edited August 2009
    Travel to Egypt and France.
    Creatures.
    Photography skill.
    Hope the new traits will be fun 8)
  • Options
    sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited August 2009
    France mainly..

and more things to do in general. My Sims are boreeddd....
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited August 2009
    -basements
    -vacation homes
    -photography
    -the snake in a basket object (I love reptiles. I hope you can charm your own snakes)
    -different cultures and new traits
    -real world locations

I'm surprisingly not excited about the adventure aspect. I think that is more for mainstream gamers who like things such as tomb raider. I think that aspect will definately widen the audience of the EP though.
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, for me I kind of like the nectar idea. It would be a nice add-on for my Sim family who is getting rich with the gardening aspect of the game right now.

Maybe the photography aspect if it wasn’t loopy like the current frames with the telephone camera and the still-life frame too. I have a terrible time getting the frame to stop where I want…. it jumps all around annoying me. Also, if the photography skill would incorporate back to the artistic Sim who paints so that they could paint a canvas based upon a picture they took while away on vacation etc…

And while I’m not much into building my son was ecstatic to hear about the basement feature.

I’m still not keen on the adventure/questing part of the game but hey, that’s me. : )
  • Options
    ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited August 2009
    bufflee wrote:
    - mummies!

other than the above mentionend:

- the new skills, especially the winemaking ;-)
    - airplanes?
    - all the new building-features
    - ... to put it short: i´m actually excited about every little piece coming with this ep! i loved it from the moment it had been announced :-)
  • Options
    sim_jpsim_jp Posts: 583 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Mummies and basements! :D And of course, secret doors ^^
  • Options
    angel220277angel220277 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'll be really excited if they brought back the swimming skill amongst all the other skills mentioned. Does anyone know if this is the case?
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2009
    bufflee wrote:
    - mummies!

I agree with you, the mystery and the intrigue in exploring tombs, discovering traps, threats, treasures, secret passages and mummies makes this ep so very appealing to me! I love puzzles and mystery! Also, the new architecture, new landscapes, new cultures, new settings, new clothing, new food etc. will really enrich the gameplay! Can't wait for those extra game contents and all the new objects! I am looking forward to see my sim have an Indiana Jones/ Lara Croft kind of adventure! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm soooo excited about the mummies :lol:
    but I wished there is some pets in the game :wink: (snake not counted)