Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just noticed this about gift giving parties

This is about the third time my Sims have thrown a gift giving party and I notice they keep getting pretty much the same gifts..what suits their skills. Like he's high in logic and keeps getting the chess table, his lifetime wish is chess champion, and her skills are artistic and she keeps getting the art easel.

Now when the guests walk away from the gift pile with that thought bubble over their heads, it tells me what their pursuits are... Just thought it was pretty cool and first time I'd noticed this. Thought I'd share.

Edit: Sidenote, I'm thinking if the guest's thought bubble is a piece of art work or a lamp, it could mean they just don't have any real skills yet and the game gives them a random gift.

Comments

• Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited November 2012
    I noticed that. I think it's sweet that friends and family take the time to give gifts a person is interested in.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited November 2012
    I only had one party so far, but I will be more observant with the next one :mrgreen: Thanks for letting us know :wink:
  • Options
    AgentTexasAgentTexas Posts: 61 Member
    edited November 2012
    CimaraNyx1 wrote:
    This is about the third time my Sims have thrown a gift giving party and I notice they keep getting pretty much the same gifts..what suits their skills. Like he's high in logic and keeps getting the chess table, his lifetime wish is chess champion, and her skills are artistic and she keeps getting the art easel.

Now when the guests walk away from the gift pile with that thought bubble over their heads, it tells me what their pursuits are... Just thought it was pretty cool and first time I'd noticed this. Thought I'd share.

Edit: Sidenote, I'm thinking if the guest's thought bubble is a piece of art work or a lamp, it could mean they just don't have any real skills yet and the game gives them a random gift.

Really? That's cool! I wonder what they'll get my sims then since they have high levels of a lot of skills? Interesting!
  • Options
    MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2012
    My husband and wife sims are both athletic and love the outdoors. They're pretty close to maxing out all their skills except for Charisma but all they get are lamps lol. Their kids keep getting bikes and teddy bears!
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited November 2012
    my guy is maxed on all him skills and he got a coffee/beverage maker and a globe. :lol: i think its adorable!
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    my great kisser sim got 2 mistletoes...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    CimaraNyx1CimaraNyx1 Posts: 469
    edited November 2012
    anettesb wrote:

Aha!! That's what mistletoe must be for when I see guests who get it..now I know who the great kisser's are my town!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CimaraNyx1CimaraNyx1 Posts: 469
    edited November 2012
    MissLarae wrote:
    My husband and wife sims are both athletic and love the outdoors. They're pretty close to maxing out all their skills except for Charisma but all they get are lamps lol. Their kids keep getting bikes and teddy bears!

I really think lamps are kind of the fallback gift...my sim did get a lamp once, but since then, she gets artistic gifts... usually from her actual friends and old friends...others who don't know her as well seem to bring random stuff like that lamp, but it was the rainbow lamp so it was all good.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    CimaraNyx1 wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

Aha!! That's what mistletoe must be for when I see guests who get it..now I know who the great kisser's are my town!! :mrgreen:

or the fact that 2 guys that was sending her love letters was at the party.....

I don't know...

I think... that psoibly both trait, LTW, skils and relationship counts... + age and some randomnez.....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited November 2012
    you have gone through the cycle 3 times already? I barley started spring. (But I do play with twallans relativity mod and the seasons are 8 days
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    it don't have to be snowflake day to hold a gift giving party
  • Options
    pixiesim123pixiesim123 Posts: 243 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My artistic sim got an easel! Think that is pretty realistic that others get them something they are interested in!