Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excessive yawning at parties?

Is this a new feature or something.Everyone is yawing.Its really annoying; I get that it could mean its a boring party; but before nobody used to yawn; they'd just leave and say it was boring.

Comments

• Options
    CimaraNyx1CimaraNyx1 Posts: 469
    edited November 2012
    Do they have stuff to do? I mean, are you locking up the bookshelves and storing the TV? My Sims use to yawn and leave too, but then I learned to lock up all the stuff I didn't want them to do and just really prepare before a party. Call them to eat... bring them a drink... tell some jokes... make sure your Sim mingles and have a plan in mind when you throw the party. Also if you throw the party on a night when they usually have worked that day, they act more tired than if it was on a weekend.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,082 Member
    edited November 2012
    CimaraNyx1 wrote:
    Do they have stuff to do? I mean, are you locking up the bookshelves and storing the TV? My Sims use to yawn and leave too, but then I learned to lock up all the stuff I didn't want them to do and just really prepare before a party. Call them to eat... bring them a drink... tell some jokes... make sure your Sim mingles and have a plan in mind when you throw the party. Also if you throw the party on a night when they usually have worked that day, they act more tired than if it was on a weekend.

I never have a plan.Next time I'll have one at the fairgrounds; the last party I had there was epic.

Mingling is a no no; not with this new romance system.I fear they'll all get attracted to my married sim.My sim's father wants to date his daughter...
  • Options
    MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2012
    Mmmm I wondered why they were yawning so much whenever I threw a party but I figured it was because I threw a gift giving party at 9 am and everyone was sleepy hehe. The yawning doesn't seem to affect my guests though. I ended up throwing a really great party but then again they might be happy because of the gifts! :)
  • Options
    CimaraNyx1CimaraNyx1 Posts: 469
    edited November 2012

I never have a plan.Next time I'll have one at the fairgrounds; the last party I had there was epic.

Mingling is a no no; not with this new romance system.I fear they'll all get attracted to my married sim.My sim's father wants to date his daughter...

I always try to have my hosting Sims at least greet their guests..if there's time it's good to try to tell a joke... I always have them mingle at their parties and the only negative thing I've had happen was several guests mailed gifts to my hostess Sim a few days later with attached notes...

I must say, I don't think she minds getting bonus gifts, but I've never had a relative romantically attached to another relative..I'll be glad when they fix that if it's an issue for some players.
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited November 2012
    The same with me, yawning even after a dance and a joke! It kind of annoys me, but they leave telling it was a great party! :P