Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Heir calls all the shots....

When I play and my heir has a patner and I feel the should get married I always try to start them off in the Parents house then build or move them out in to a nice place.

Well unfortunately The house was to full. I had 2 sets of twins and My future Heirs wife to be was preggers so I needed 2 spaces. So like any loving mother I killed of some of the weaker children to have an at home start for my favorite child and the fiance.

Tl;DR
So my question is, What Kind of things do you risk for your heir?
Do you kill your own family members for your own well being?
Does the sake of your heir matter more than anything else does?

RIP Tyreke Jahmez and Temptation Jahmez :twisted:

Comments

• Options
    ZzephyrSZZzephyrSZ Posts: 610 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :shock:
  • Options
    SmustleQueenSmustleQueen Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ZzephyrSZ wrote:
    :shock:

I agree. :shock:
  • Options
    KittyTopiaKittyTopia Posts: 322 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :oops: maybe i am the only one who goes to that extreme
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2009
    No my heir doesn't call the shots I usually only let my heir have 3 kids so there is usually plenty of room for my whole family. When the non heirs reach young adult they get kicked out of the house. Then I don't care about them after that. They still live in the neighborhood and can talk to my sims. They just don't live in the legacy house. :mrgreen:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No my heir doesn't call the shots I usually only let my heir have 3 kids so there is usually plenty of room for my whole family. When the non heirs reach young adult they get kicked out of the house. Then I don't care about them after that. They still live in the neighborhood and can talk to my sims. They just don't live in the legacy house. :mrgreen:
    My "non heirs" are called the black sheep.

The ones who will probably never get jobs or have children.

They usually live in the parents house until death.
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't see anything wrong with that. :lol:
    I was actually thinking of doing this myself. I kicked out two in the 3rd generation and they are now elders with no children of there own. Maybe I should get one of those mods. :?

P.S. I love your avi's expression with the first post, his laughing makes it even more twisted. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    :x
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2009
    Thats so sad though. I had one non heir I kicked out have a child with her fiance. The other one lives alone as is rich but my sims aren't that rich yet its only the 3 generation. :mrgreen:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    simcrediblesimcredible Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited August 2009
    I just bursted out laughing when I read you killed of some of the weaker children. :) I wasn't expecting that. Haha
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I just move out any extras if I need room. I have not intentionally killed anyone in any of my games (yet).
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just move out any extras if I need room. I have not intentionally killed anyone in any of my games (yet).
    Well as cruel as it my sound, they were only children.

I could have aged them up, but what a waste of a cake that no one is going to eat.
  • Options
    AudreyRAudreyR Posts: 514 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Meh. It doesn't bother me to hear people killing of spares to make room for the heir to continue the legacy.

I know some people get pretty attached to their little pixel family, but I just haven't done so yet....However, I am starting to love my current one.

If one of my heirs is evil, or one of the jealous spares is, well, then.... :twisted:
  • Options
    bapavezabapaveza Posts: 1,744 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've only gotten to third generation on my legacy challenge so still plenty of room left in the house at this point. When the time comes I'll probably just move them out and leave it at that.

I think I'd only kill them off if they had traits that really bothered me. At the moment my heir's spouse has the mean-streak trait (or whatever it's called) so she's annoyed me a few times. If she keeps it up I'll probably consider it.

Most of the time I'd rather just move them out into the neighbor and let them become part of the background.
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I usually take care of my nonheirs when they turn YA and have to move out. Before I move them out on their own I get them a job,then I marry them off, get the girl knocked up and set them up with a nice house. Even though story progression can always change a few things.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow, never occurred to me to merely kill the spares off like that. LOL. I mean, I've tried to orchestrate an accident (without results, by the way) but mostly I just feed them to the LifeStream Pinstar mentioned. That way I can still invite them over (and a so far two out of the three sons I set adrift got married and had a couple of their own children) for parties and such.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    you evil person, stay away from my sim babies!

however sometime you gotta do what you gotta do. :twisted:
  • Options
    StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am up to my fourth heir in a legacy of Sr, Jr, III, IV, V (up to V now). Usually if there are more kids I just move them out when they become YA's and keep the heir in the parents home to be passed down thru the generations. In my last case (heir V) he had a older sister. They were both teens and went to the movies, well I might have been messing with the hunger bar by accident and slid it all the way down to the red. It was an accident and when I tried to fix it, it was too late, she was outside the movie theater dying of hunger so now all that's left is my heir. Didn't mean for it to go that way but eh what are you going to do.
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
  • Options
    tomunaamatomunaama Posts: 163 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I did that all the time in Sims 2 with the boring spares that I just couldn't be bothered to play until adulthood. :lol: I haven't done it in my Sims 3 legacy yet, but I built them a pool just in case. I just hope they don't start climbing out of it...
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, I don't usually have more than one child per couple, so I don't need to kill anyone off. If the house were getting full, I'd just kick some sims out instead of killing them.
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    edited August 2009
    My spares always live at home until they are YA; I get them jobs, sometimes get them married and move them into their own houses then let SP take over for them.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    @tomunaama

Yea that's how I killed mine. I waited until they were sleepy, The perfect time to go swimming :twisted: