Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Could Be Done To Improve SIMS 3? Listen Up EA!!!

Well, heres mine;

Better navigation - Should be move camera up & down, and increase mouse settings.

Better music - Artists we've heard off..

More style & clothing options

Things to actually do in the game - Funfair, mini games, arcade, fruit machines, night club, gambling..

Online play

Real voice dialogue

Faster loading times - Why sooo long to load & save? Theres not much to load or save, no other game is so long.

Being able to favorite your own actions for quick use, toilet, going home etc

More recreational time, all i do is sleep eat and work.

Ability to add a sim later on & not just start.

Bigger map

Ultra fast forward

Pets..

I'll think off more.. lol

Comments

• Options
    kenzief13kenzief13 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i think that the simlish dialogue is one of the things that makes the game unique.
    also there are many things that people could say in any conversation and it might have taken longer and would have taken more money to have the voice over actors/actresses talk in english rather than bababling words. It also adds humor to the game:)
  • Options
    RobauRobau Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OK so your complaining about several things that are... well staples of the sims.

Music : who cares, can add your own.

More Style and Clothing: Give it time and you have not only the exchange but the store and hopefully a tool that will let us do our own.. the games barely out.

things to actually do: This is the sims.. they do the work.. not you.

Online Play: There was / is one.. called the sims online.

Real Voice Dialogue: NO NO NO NO NO Simlish has been in this game from the first sims.. it is how the sims talk and it is how the game should be.. I don't want to hear my sims going on about XX 200000000000 times because they will in the end.. Simlish means you can't understand it.. you can tell the tone.. you can use the bubbles.. but you don't have to listen to 'Honey I just pee'd my pants!' fifty thousand times.

Faster Loading times/Saving: Honestly you haven't played some newer games.. like last remanant and the like now have you? But the save/load times are most likely lets see.. because it's saving the state of EVERY house .. EVERY sim... not just 1 or 5 now.

Ability to add a sim later: How do you mean ? to a family? it's called make a baby or adoption.. other wise you can add more families in go edit town or better yet Look at the HELP on edit town.

More Rec Time: Buy a better Bed.

Bigger Map: Why nothing wrong with the current size.. except we can't change it ourselves that much.

Ultra Fast Forward: I'll agree here.

Pets: Called an expansion.
  • Options
    jantar85jantar85 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    JoeBloggs,

These are just some things for you to consider.
    Better navigation - Should be move camera up & down, and increase mouse settings.

Buy a mouse with a rollerwheel and learn to span. Unless you mean the camera mode you entered in TS2 by pressing Tab. ...Isn't that included?
    Better music - Artists we've heard off..

As Robau said. For major known artists to record their songs in Simlish would be another story. Some have for TS2. No songs sung in human languages are included in the game. Add your own music or turn the music off.
    More style & clothing options

Just a matter of time, really. If your gameplay experience is dampened by not having this or that type of shirt or hairdo, then don't play for now.
    Things to actually do in the game - Funfair, mini games, arcade, fruit machines, night club, gambling..

The Sims don't need all that to have fun. For all that to have been included in the base game is just you building castles in the clouds. The best you can do is put these up as suggestions for future EP features.
    Online play

You have been whining about this on a couple of threads and it's starting to irritate me. Online play is dead for now. Deal with it. It was a flop with TS1. If you want online play with virtual characters, go play IMVU.
    Real voice dialogue

*snort*
    Faster loading times - Why sooo long to load & save? Theres not much to load or save, no other game is so long.

How much gaming have you done in your life? Get a better computer if you can't wait a couple of minutes. Get a cup of coffee or a juice box or something while you wait. A small world's worth of data is being loaded and saved.
    Being able to favorite your own actions for quick use, toilet, going home etc

These functions are basically spoon-fed to the user. You don't have to be lightning fast, just pause the game when you look for the toilet. When in Map view, you can click the icon over your Sim's house and choose for him/her to go home. Does it really need to be any easier? Press "M" and click. That's it.
    More recreational time, all i do is sleep eat and work.

As Robau said, get a better bed.
    Ability to add a sim later on & not just start.

Go to Edit town. On your bottom right should be the Sim family/house bin where you can create a new Sim/Sims. I mean really...
    Bigger map

...Why exactly?
    Ultra fast forward

Works if your computer is up to it or your settings are adjusted correctly.
    Pets..

Finally something I agree on!
  • Options
    geilomgeilom Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    for now i would just like to be able to go into the stores/shops that i visit like you could in TS2 witch i am sure is coming soon in an expansion
  • Options
    BigHandsBigHands Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Regarding having the Sims speak English: what about all the people in other countries who don't speak English? The developers would either have to provide subtitles in a bunch of different languages or they'd have to pay for voice-over work for those languages, driving up the cost of the game. Having a made-up language, like Simlish, solves all the above problems. Plus, as someone else said here, Simlish has been a part of the Sims since the debut game. It just wouldn't be the Sims without it.
  • Options
    ColinnColinn Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not to be mean, but the majority of your suggestions aren't remotely constructive nor realistic changes.
  • Options
    RakeeshRakeesh Posts: 670 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just an FYI, there's about 100 threads on this exact subject in the GENERAL forum. You're in the STORE GENERAL forum. You might want to move your rant over there.
  • Options
    Kristy1999Kristy1999 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im getting use to Sims 3 the more I play. I am very disppointed in not being able to fast forward my game. We have a brand new computer so know that is not the problem. It sucks that you have to wait so long for a Sim to sleep. All I want is a patch for that. Other then that it is okay but Sims 2 was way better!
  • Options
    Nu_Clear_DayNu_Clear_Day Posts: 469 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kristy1999 wrote:
    Im getting use to Sims 3 the more I play. I am very disppointed in not being able to fast forward my game. We have a brand new computer so know that is not the problem. It sucks that you have to wait so long for a Sim to sleep. All I want is a patch for that. Other then that it is okay but Sims 2 was way better!
    As a suggestion, you might want to check how much RAM you have. Even if you bought a new computer, you might still be running close to the minimum requirements for the game (which is really just another way to say "yeah, it'll run but you're not going to be getting the best framerate, either.") The Minspecs for Sims 3 I think are about 1.5 Gb, or around there. I had this problem earlier, where the game couldn't catch up enough to run it any faster than it already was, but luckily I had some extra RAM on the way, and that cleared it right up (getting about 10 Sim minutes every second in my game at Ultra Speed, on 4 Gb of RAM.)

Not saying that's definately your issue (seems to be a number of people who say they have tons of RAM that are running into the same problem.) But it might be worth a look, as well...
  • Options
    ScarannaScaranna Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well just be patient and wait for the expansions, I'm sure EA will give us all we had in Sims 2 and more.
  • Options
    tudorrally3tudorrally3 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would like to move the screen with my mouse left and right rather than using the arrows i could have more manueverability..that it would move more like in sims 2 which had very good maneuverablity...especially with the flickering issues i seem to be having it makes it difficult to hone in on that small directional device... as well as the clicking on various instructions when you want to feed the baby and next thing you are going to the library! I don't know why the flickering issue but had it with sims 2....also...

The one thing i would like to do and cannot seem to figure out how to do it is to place lots the size and place i want them...Is that possible in sims3? i have not been able to get that to work...

and then with the issue of neighhbors moving in and out of the neighborhood: I would like to control that so i could keep the families i did not want to lose by a save feature! and i would like to move out characters i have no use for in the game as well let them move off to oblivion for all i care. lol!

i think if you have music from 'artists you know' does that mean you want to load your own content? because to load known artists i would think would make the game uber expensive as per the riaa
    oh how we love them! not...
    but nothing can be done like that with out lots of issues ($$$$) to be worked out i am sure!

There are many new features i love gardening, fishing exploring and finding stuff... selling produce i love the new serenade feature... and all the avenues of interacting...between sims but, i miss the point system knowing how well they are getting along... now if i could just download them cars i'd be in the pink 100% :P
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not another improvement thread!
  • Options
    MsConceit5MsConceit5 Posts: 132 New Member
    edited June 2009
    These functions are basically spoon-fed to the user. You don't have to be lightning fast, just pause the game when you look for the toilet. When in Map view, you can click the icon over your Sim's house and choose for him/her to go home. Does it really need to be any easier? Press "M" and click. That's it.

actually there is a little button on your sims picture with arrows if you click on that it give them the command "go home"
  • Options
    JemnaMercuryJemnaMercury Posts: 188 New Member
    edited June 2009
    1. Agree about the camera. It's worse than TS2.
    2. The music in the base game for TS2 wasn't great, either.
    3. Agree with the clothing/hair thing.
    4. Mini games? That's sort of what oppertunities are.
    5. Online play is not what the sims is. The sims online shut down because not enough people were interested.
    6. Real voice dialog: That would be impossible. You'd need different dialog for every laungauge. It would take years to install.
    7. Loading times: What did you expect..? :roll:
    8. Favouriting interactions: ...Why?
    9. Ability to add more sims later on: You can do that.
    10. A bigger map would slow the game down.
    11. Yes, the speed needs to be fixed.
    12. Pet's was an expansion pack.

:roll: