Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about my world (so far)?

Hi, everyone!
This world is obviously still in process, in fact I've just started it a few days ago... But I would like some advice.

There's still a lot to be done, and things are subject to change, but I was just wondering if I'm on the right track, since this is like a gazillionth world I started making, but not one got finished... So thank you in advance.

BTW it is called Merryground Meanders.. Yes, I suck at giving names.

So, pics:
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CrismitCrismit Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2012
    woowwwww! It's amazing!
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited November 2012
    I like it :D. My only advice would be to maybe smooth out some of the little mountains, they are a tad jagged, or maybe join some together to make bigger mountains. Ohterwise, good start!
  • Options
    IwanaloginIwanalogin Posts: 300 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks a lot both of you for your replies!!!

@Sneakfeline0: Thanks for the tip... I'm still not 100% comfortable with CAW tools, but I'll see what I can do to make it better.

:)
  • Options
    misspopthingmisspopthing Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2012
    It looks great. I like it so far.
    Here is a tutorial to hep you with the mountains. http://krrank.blogspot.com/2012/04/sculpting-mountains.html

I used it for my world and my mountain turned out pretty good.
    0001.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @misspopthing: Thank you for your reply and for the helpful link. I'm sure the tutorial will improve my sculpting skills! :D I think I'm done with the CAW for today, though. :)

Also, your mountain looks great.
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi :)

It looks nice. I see you've worked hard on your street layout and it shows.

I was just wondering if you had your lot sizes already planned out and the roads spaced for them.
    I noticed your roads look kind of close together seeing how the roads are 12 squares which makes me think you don't have much space for your buildings... unless you were planning on tiny lots or my eyes are wrong (it happens a lot!).

Anyway, Good work and Have Fun! :thumbup:
  • Options
    misspopthingmisspopthing Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2012
    Iwanalogin wrote:
    @misspopthing: Thank you for your reply and for the helpful link. I'm sure the tutorial will improve my sculpting skills! :D I think I'm done with the CAW for today, though. :)

Also, your mountain looks great.
    You are very welcome. Glad I could help.
    And thank you. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited November 2012
    I like your mountains. and your layout, What size is this world.
    One this I don't know if you fixed it or not, but the road on the far left is nice how it goes over the hill but it looks like it comes to a wall in the road am not sure if cars can go over it or not. needs to be smoothed. it seems to go straight up like a 90 degree angle
    but this is starting to look good.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for your replies!

@Rflong13: Actually, I'm kinda ashamed to admit it, but I have nothing planned out, I just build everything as I go. I'll hopefully figure out what I'll do in these spaces. Maybe just 'plant' some cypresses or something. And thank you for your wishes.

@Evalen: Thank you. This world is built from the Sunset Valley.lite (or something), which is yet another shameful fact about the world. So I guess that would make it large. However, most of the terrain won't be accessible by Sims or the camera. I smoothened the road... Maybe even too much, it looks kinda too straight now.. :D
  • Options
    CrismitCrismit Posts: 182 Member
    edited January 2013
    Any updates? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ooh, hi.. :D
    Well, I scraped it :x