Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If You Can Have New Branded Content Bands for the Stuff Pack, What Would They Be?

Didn't realize they took down the branded content bands in the store.
If they added new bands who would you want?
Being an 80's kid I would want Joy Division/New Order.
Any other suggestions, like Led Zeppelin (not very likely) or Abba for the 70's,
Pearl Jam or Radiohead for the 90's?

Comments

• Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited October 2012
    Jnco's (they were rumored to be making more) and Kikwear (they still exist)

maybe Journeys and Adidas (Im thinking Korn lol)

there was a raver brand, that had the scratchy strappy pants and i can't remember them. Fly something. I think they were sold at Gadzooks
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited October 2012
    oh Black Sabbth for the 70's ::evil grin:: that would be the best thing ever. and like i said Korn for the 90's Depeche MOde for the 80's
  • Options
    TJSlippermanTJSlipperman Posts: 79
    edited October 2012
    Although most of these are probably unlikely (and I've listed the reasons for these...but I can still have wishful thinking for them, right?):
    -Jethro Tull (unlikely due to the vocal problems Ian Anderson had in the mid-1980s, which has made his voice sound a bit different than how it did back in the 70s-to-early-80s)
    -Yes (also unlikely, due to the personnel having drastically changed over time; Jon Anderson hasn't sang for the group in over 4 years, and had since been replaced by two other singers)
    -Todd Rundgren
    -StarCastle
    -Genesis (Provided that Phil Collins is still able to sing for them, despite being disabled from playing drums now)
    -UK (70s prog supergroup and spiritual predecessor to John Wetton's subsequent band Asia; they've just reunited lately)
    -FM (Canadian 70s/80s prog band) (might be iffy: In the band's recent reunion they still have their frontman but the rest of the band is different members; Nash the Slash, for example, isn't currently in the band)
    -B*Witched (late-90s Irish pop girl group) (unlikely, since former B*Girl Sinead O'Carroll-Rahman has apparently blocked any chance of a full B* reunion by being permanently retired from performing)

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
  • Options
    MizukoMizuko Posts: 36 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Interesting list TJSlipperman. Is your name from The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway?
    More a Peter Gabriel era Genesis fan than a Phil Collins era Genesis fan (although I did like Trick of The Tail)
    I assume you would like those bands' songs in Simlish as well as T-Shirts and posters and stuff. I actually think an "Oldies" station that has older songs sung to Simlish is a great idea!
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited October 2012
    Off the top of my head...Black Sabbath, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, KISS, Dio, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Marilyn Manson, David Bowie, Queen, Blondie. Any sort of reference to these in the game would be beyond awesome haha!
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited October 2012
    Van Halen (pre-Hagar), The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Eagles, Joan Jett, Quiet Riot, GunsNRoses, Yes, Heart, and I have to agree on Queen, Twisted Sister, David Bowie, and Blondie especially. And ugh, there are just too many!

And that is not even getting into ones that would fit each individual decade. There is just so much variety of music and too much great music to choose from within these three decades!

But as a huge, long-time Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, and Doors fan, I would actually pay for the T-shirts and content for those bands. Probably not any others, but it would be cool to have them included in the SP. :D
  • Options
    MizukoMizuko Posts: 36 New Member
    edited October 2012
    David Bowie as a Sim (any era- Ziggy, Heroes, Scary Monsters, Serious Moonlight) would be incredible!!! I have a CC Bowie who I haven't played yet, but would love an "official" one!
  • Options
    TJSlippermanTJSlipperman Posts: 79
    edited October 2012
    @Mizuko, Yep, that's where the 'Slipperman' part of my SN comes from. I do happen to like both the Pete and Phil eras of Genesis, too.
    And I was hoping that they'd include Simlish versions of songs from the groups I listed as well.

Also an update regarding one of my more "unlikely" choices: Reportedly the group B*Witched is also currently in talks about a reunion...so maybe a Simlish version of their flagship hit song "C'est La Vie" might not be out of the question after all? :P

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sea Monkeys

Astro Boy

Blondie

E.T.

The Breakfast Club

Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

Pacman

I would also die laughing if they included Masters of the Universe costumes. I would like to send my local police to work wearing Teela and Man-At-Arms costumes :lol:
  • Options
    HylianJovi92HylianJovi92 Posts: 16,760 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Bon Jovi: If this band is somehow included in some manner I will be one incredibly thrilled Simmer 8)

And aside from the obvious choice that I, HylianJOVI92, would pick :lol:
    A few other bands that come to mind would be:

70's
    Boston
    ABBA
    Journey
    Foreigner
    Styx
    Kansas
    Van Halen
    Heart

80's
    Def Leppard
    Pat Benatar

This SP has the potential to be awesome, at least I think so, and I can't wait to see the outcome of it!
  • Options
    Jkp893Jkp893 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Poison, ABBA, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, GunsNRoses, Twisted Sister.. I really'd love to see that :)
  • Options
    xxVilleValoxxxxVilleValoxx Posts: 187 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Definitely agree with Motley Crue, Queen, Guns N Roses, and Black Sabbath. It would also be cool to see Metallica or Nirvana.
  • Options
    HeadfuzzHeadfuzz Posts: 336 Member
    edited November 2012
    Namco so we can have an authentic pack man arcade machine! gosh Im a nerd XD :P
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    edited November 2012
    Bon Jovi: If this band is somehow included in some manner I will be one incredibly thrilled Simmer 8)

And aside from the obvious choice that I, HylianJOVI92, would pick :lol:
    A few other bands that come to mind would be:

70's
    Boston
    ABBA
    Journey
    Foreigner
    Styx
    Kansas
    Van Halen
    Heart

80's
    Def Leppard
    Pat Benatar

This SP has the potential to be awesome, at least I think so, and I can't wait to see the outcome of it!
    ]

Oh, Fantastic list! I think a Simlish Barracuda, More Than A Feeling and Hit Me With Your Best Shot would just be awesome.

For the 90's - Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Hootie & The Blowfish, Collective Soul, Blues Traveler, Oasis, Blur (Can you imagine Song 2 in Simlish??), Pearl Jam, Nirvana...the list goes on and on.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2012
    :shock: I don't even want this stuff pack there is alot more I would want before this one.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    batemangirlsbatemangirls Posts: 79 New Member
    edited November 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Sea Monkeys

Astro Boy

Blondie

E.T.

The Breakfast Club

Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

Pacman

I would also die laughing if they included Masters of the Universe costumes. I would like to send my local police to work wearing Teela and Man-At-Arms costumes :lol:

They do have a breakfast club poster in the game already, though thats about it. I'd love to see Journey, Earth Wind and Fire, Chicago, and the B52's, and then of course MJ, Whitney,Poison and pretty much the entire Saturday Night Fever soundtrack lol. I'd also love some of the music that was popular when I was growing up like Blink 182, old school Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, and N*Sync, Hanson would be nice too. The last 5 are unlikely since they were later in the 90's but for those of us who were boy band crazy 90s kids they would be nice, I'd be thrilled just to have the rest of the list though. OMG! I just had a thought they HAVE to include Elton John, that would be AMAZING! (hes kind of sold out and started doing vegas anyways im sure they could get him to sing SOMETHING in simlish....)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    edited November 2012
    They really need to include a Simlish version of "Macarena." But only if they do the dance as well. :shock:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited November 2012
    Parliment/Funkadelics, Steve Miller Band, and Eddie Kendricks "Keep on Truckin'" for the '70s, Aerosmith, and Rolling Stones from the '70s to the '80s and "The Chronic" for the '90s. Really can't think of much from the '90s.

Still bummed about the '90s being retro. Sigh.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited November 2012
    krimsonnox wrote:
    Jnco's (they were rumored to be making more) and Kikwear (they still exist)

maybe Journeys and Adidas (Im thinking Korn lol)

there was a raver brand, that had the scratchy strappy pants and i can't remember them. Fly something. I think they were sold at Gadzooks

UFOs? I had them in every single color at one point. I wouldn't mind some skater brands like Maple, Alien Workshop, etc for the 90's.
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited November 2012
    kiss stage outfits
  • Options
    DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    edited November 2012
    Whats really sad is no one has mentioned the 2 men that also make the 70s & 80's music scene..

70's Alice Cooper (yes hes still kicking in the 80,90,now in 10's.)
    Creedance Clearwater Revival is good too

80's is the decade of Prince, he was & is the king of Pop in my book.
    Romantics is 80's also, "Talking in your sleep" is still my fav.
    MC Hammer & his parachute pants.
    Wham & George Michael.

90's could be Melissa Etheridge& kd lang, or Indigo Girls.

Not sure where to stick in Adam Ant, maybe 80's? I dont think he was really big in the 70's.

As for getting any of them in branded content, well, I can hope but I doubt it would ever happen.

I also agree on ABBA, Kiss (already had branded content), Stones, David Bowie (Iggy Pop), Elton.
  • Options
    MajinKitty230MajinKitty230 Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2012
    Maybe like KISS themed clothes?.. I mean like, t-shirts with the KISS symbol on it or something (if they didn't have it already.)

Since I'm not all knowing about the era I'll just list some things that'd be cool..

-Afros (also an option for the comb)
    -Long hairs with a headband in it (maybe like a bow kinda thing?)
  • Options
    FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited December 2012

For the 70's - Begees stuff

For the 80's - Modonna Suff, Duran Duran stuff and MJ Stuff

For the 90's - Snoop Dog stuff , Ace of Base stuff and Hundson stuff

70's are just simple but stylish fashion

80's are colorful,stylish and in that decade trendy fashion

90's are just simple, colorful and urbanish style

• Options
    jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited December 2012
    The SPICE GIRLS! Hands down! They were my favorite, along with the Backstreet Boys, since they were introduced to the public in 97! And I was a fan through all the highs and lows. My first ever album was SPICE GIRLS, and I had all the bubblegum and lollipops, all through 2nd and 3rd grade. My school supplies were spice girls and I had the dolls.
  • Options
    jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited December 2012
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    They really need to include a Simlish version of "Macarena." But only if they do the dance as well. :shock:

OMG! I still remember that dance. It played ON THE BUS and on the PA SYSTEM! I think I wasted my entire span of lower elementary school obsessing over this song in fact it was my first real album back in 97-98:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wfpXI5PKlw&feature=relmfu