Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new "Update" can go to HECK!!! Answer now, please?!

I just got World Adventures and now I CAN'T FREAKING PLAY IT!!!! All because of the new "Update"! Is there any way to get rid of the update?

Comments

• Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited October 2012
    No you can't get rid of an update once you download it. Do you have mods?
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    Please refer to crinrict's helpful thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604090.page
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2012
    With all of the great details the OP gave, I'm sure this problem will magically disappear :roll:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    It would help if you gave more info besides I can't play me game.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    angldior wrote:
    It would help if you gave more info besides I can't play me game.

this ^^^^^

make a thread in Tech Disc with details of what happens when it crashes, a dxdiag, and error reports applicable to your issue here

i'm in Ohio, I can't guess from afar what your computer is doing
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited October 2012
    Uh. You have mods, custom content, did you do everything right?
  • Options
    MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited October 2012
    Actually, Morganvil225 is simply asking a yes or no question : If it's possible to get rid of the update. No need for additional information...
    Answer : yes, but you need to reinstall the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Michabean wrote:
    Actually, Morganvil225 is simply asking a yes or no question : If it's possible to get rid of the update. No need for additional information...

On a public forum, rarely is a "yes or no" question answered with just a yes or no, especially considering the answer is easily found using Google.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Or it can be solved by moving some things around and seeing if WA will work again...
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited October 2012
    I don't think the OP should have to go to Google to get an answer to a question that we can help her with. We're a very helpful group here. :)

Unfortunately, it will require a reinstall to get rid of the update and that probably isn't the answer the OP was hoping for as it will delete the current game.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Michabean wrote:

On a public forum, rarely is a "yes or no" question answered with just a yes or no, especially considering the answer is easily found using Google.

It doesn't change the fact that the question was a yes or no question. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    snurfles wrote:
    I don't think the OP should have to go to Google to get an answer to a question that we can help her with. We're a very helpful group here. :)

Unfortunately, it will require a reinstall to get rid of the update and that probably isn't the answer the OP was hoping for as it will delete the current game.

Not to mention : they're not mutually exclusive. You can ask a question here and Google it too. Just because people behave a certain way because of trend doesn't mean it's the logical or right one. Her question is, in my opinion, very straightforward and appropriate for the official forum of the game she bought.
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited October 2012
    I just got World Adventures and now I CAN'T FREAKING PLAY IT!!!! All because of the new "Update"! Is there any way to get rid of the update?

Yes there is a way to get rid of the update,unfortunately i don't remember what it was,give me a minute to look this up

Found this but im so-so on it.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_8515004_downgrade-patch-sims-3.html
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012

Yes there is a way to get rid of the update,unfortunately i don't remember what it was,give me a minute to look this up

The only way is to fully uninstall all your Sims 3 games, and then re-install. It doesn't seem worth it, in my opinion.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited October 2012
    lydiad206 wrote:

The only way is to fully uninstall all your Sims 3 games, and then re-install. It doesn't seem worth it, in my opinion.

Yes unfortunately that is what i found....not worth it to me but im not the OP :D
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited October 2012
    Eventually you will have to take this update so getting rid of it, isn't a great solution.

If you're using mods, remove them. They will have to be updated for the new patch.

That is the most common cause of complete crashes after an update.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Michabean wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Michabean wrote:

It's not a yes or no question if it was she wouldn't of mentioned the fact she can't play her game. All your doing is arguing with people when others are trying to help.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    angldior wrote:
    Michabean wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Michabean wrote:

It's not a yes or no question if it was she wouldn't of mentioned the fact she can't play her game. All your doing is arguing with people when others are trying to help.

I beg your pardon? The audacity of pointing your finger at people and falsely accusing them is beyond me; not to mention your lack of logic. I was simply giving my insight into what the question really was, and I don't need to justify myself to you. The rest of her post was a comment which she is free to make. I gave my answer to her which was, in fact, the same one that many others did afterwards. This, angldior, should tell you that my motivation is not to contradict you. Therefore, if my motivation is to argue, then others who rightfully responded to her question are too. I could actually report you for this, but I'm not a coward.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh my dear good Reginald, must you be so incorrigible and pugnacious?

You are arguing with those of us trying to help.
    Someone mentioned removing outdated cc and mods. Believe or not, this could be what's stopping the game from playing.

Did you know, moving files out and waiting for them to be updated, if they're the problem and reason the game won't play, saves her the trouble of uninstalling her game and putting everything back in? You know, the quicker and easier route?

But OP didn't give details so we're tossing out random ideas commonly seen when games don't work.

I bid you a good day sir, and hope you have a delightful day.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    These threads today are so LOL

1. OP creates thread saying game is broke
    2. People ask for details, arguing commences, OP never returns to thread
    3.?????
    4. Profit
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    SIMplified wrote:
    Oh my dear good Reginald, must you be so incorrigible and pugnacious?

You are arguing with those of us trying to help.

:lol: Incorrigible yes, pugnacious no.

Oh my, what a surprise. Another gratuitous accusation. No I'm not actually arguing.

Yes, I do think she would benefit from a clean reinstall. I know I have many times. She can also keep her saved household. It all depends how important her current game is to her and I'm not assuming that is what she wants to do or not. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. There is also a more polite way of asking someone to give you more information than the usual interjections that I have seen here.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    These threads today are so LOL

1. OP creates thread saying game is broke
    2. People ask for details, arguing commences, OP never returns to thread
    3.?????
    4. Profit

I agree with you there
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    note : I, for one, cannot play without Twallan's mods. No glitches with the update but I thought the blueprints would be worth playing around with until I realized they weren't what I expected. I am seriously considering reinstalling the game again just to be able to play with the mods until they all come out for 1.42. If the OP wants info on that, let me know...
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Michabean wrote:
    angldior wrote:
    Michabean wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Michabean wrote:

I beg your pardon? The audacity of pointing your finger at people and falsely accusing them is beyond me; not to mention your lack of logic. I was simply giving my insight into what the question really was, and I don't need to justify myself to you. The rest of her post was a comment which she is free to make. I gave my answer to her which was, in fact, the same one that many others did afterwards. This, angldior, should tell you that my motivation is not to contradict you. Therefore, if my motivation is to argue, then others who rightfully responded to her question are too. I could actually report you for this, but I'm not a coward.

This was hilarious :lol: hahaha

I guess your not a "coward" but I can think of something else you are but I'll be polite and keep that to myself.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

[/quote]
    ...but I'll be polite and keep that to myself.
    [/quote]

Of course... :wink: