Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would like your opinion on how to make a room better

bloodempressbloodempress Posts: 154 New Member
I would like your opinions on how I can make a room better.

Here is how I commonly make my kitchens.
Screenshot_zps55c5045e.jpg

So how can I make this better?

Comments

• Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited October 2012
    There are many different ways to make your kitchens better. You could try adding counters and cupboards to other walls as well as the wall you have them. You could add island counters with seating for breakfast. You could use wood tones to warm the decor as well as using lighter colors that match. This particular room is very blue, the blue is gorgeous (I Love blue) but perhaps some stone on counter top. You could make the counters wood, but still blue and that would break up the matchie matchie blueness...Bear in mind these are just my opinions and I am in no way an expert. I also want to add that I am not bashing your kitchen just helping you with the question you answered...thanks

Hugs
    Amby
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited October 2012
    For the small size of that kitcen, I think it's really good. :thumbup: One thing I would do, however, is turn on the Moveobjects On cheat and start adding clutter. ;)

There are several decor 'wallshelves' at the Store that I like to slide up and down the walls (hold down ALT for better control) so it looks like the bottles are 'sitting' on top of the cabinets/fridge/counters. They also add a nice splash of colour and point of focus.

Another thing I like doing is using the tall 1x1 bookselves and putting them on the same square with a side counter, to look like a wall shelf over the counter.

Maybe you could add a nice 2-tile painting in-between those 2 windows, or use a bay window instead of 2 slim ones.

Plants are also great--plop down a tree or palm or fern in the corner where it won't block a door for a nice bit of greenery.

But other than that, I think your kitchen's terrific just how it is; it's just small.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited October 2012
    My only suggestion is to switch the location of the stove with the counter next to it. I would put the food processor on the counter next to the stove. As you have it now, the sim will take food from the refrigerator, bypass the stove to either a free counter or the counter with the food processor, begin preparing the food then backtrack to the stove.
    Some sim mornings, every step counts and even a few moments can mean heading off to work or school with an empty stomach. I like as clean of a flow as possible.
    Besides, I like to make things as realistic as possible and I'd have those curtains up in flames by dinner time.
  • Options
    NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited October 2012
    I could move the stove over to the middle and put a hooded light above it with 2 small shelves on the wall on each side of the hooded light. I would go with shorter curtains behind the countertops. Plants on the shelves or other kitchen type clutter would be nice, they also sell shelves with kitchen items on t hem in the store, you can fit them with moveobjects on cheat. Extending the counters over to under the window on the right with a coffee machine then maybe a little table in the middle. It's a cute kitchen thought, love the colors.
  • Options
    bloodempressbloodempress Posts: 154 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for your input. :D
  • Options
    susazsusaz Posts: 56 Member
    edited October 2012
    I like it a lot! The palette is so much better than those in most people's houses, when there's too many colors or something. I'd recommend to use a lot of half walls and floors, you know that a little higher floor, I don't know what's it called in English :D Because I like those a lot! :)

Also I like this carpet like thing: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/aliciaruls/Screenshot-1447.png :) And then adding loads of decorative items usually makes for more beautiful rooms : )
  • Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited October 2012
    Lovely kitchen!

I suggest putting all your counters and appliances in a U-shape on the left side of the kitchen. On the right side, under the window, add a small table and 2 chairs. This creates an eat-in kitchen. Putting the little candle from Outdoor lighting onto the table really makes it cozy :D.

Example:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Once that is done, put a sliding glass door between the 2 windows where your counters are now, and use terrain paint to add a patio. A grill and picnic table make it complete. For me, doing the patio helps inspire me with landscaping, because landscaping is my downfall :roll:, LOL.

I am going to bookmark this because it is such a good question!

Warm regards,
    PattyCo