Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite expansion pack? Which one should i get next?

Hey guys!! I want to get another expansion pack but im not sure which one to choose. I only have pets right now.
What is your favourite expansion pack? Which one is definitely worth buying??
:)

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2012
    Honestly? The one I probably use the most is Ambitions; the inventions, sculptures, and other items from that EP are just too useful. But, I also use World Adventures quite a bit and actually like that one the most.

Of the two? I'd suggest Ambitions first. World Adventures can be a bit... temperamental.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2012

Although Ambitions is not my favorite EP it does work well with Pets. Although Amb provides some non-rabbithole professions, I don't play those. It does provide for stay at home sims to register at city hall for gardener, fisher, painter, writer, etc but especially as a jockey.

To become a jockey requires a teen or older sim with at least level 1 of riding. To register as self-employed in any of those other professions requires a sim to have the corresponding skill at level 1 or above. Your sim can only be registered in 1 profession at a time.

My favorite EPs are Late Night, World Adventures and Pets.

• Options
    CoolLlamaCoolLlama Posts: 419 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have pets, ambitions and generations and I have to say that generations is the best, I got quite bored with pets quickly and the professions in ambitions can get slightly boring, so I recommend Generations. I also have WA but I uninstalled it because I really don't like it and it glitched up my game. Or you can wait a little longer for Seasons, which I think will be the best EP, thought they might release University too. :wink:
  • Options
    Louise25213Louise25213 Posts: 199 Member
    edited October 2012
    Generations; the expansion pack just improves everything. Teenages can go to prom and graduate from high school, kids can have tree houses and the elders can walk around with a cane and talk about the good old times.
    maybe you should look on Youtube for some more suggestions, it will give you more detail about each expansion pack.
  • Options
    NoodlezNoodlez Posts: 15
    edited October 2012
    Honestly? The one I probably use the most is Ambitions; the inventions, sculptures, and other items from that EP are just too useful. But, I also use World Adventures quite a bit and actually like that one the most.

Of the two? I'd suggest Ambitions first. World Adventures can be a bit... temperamental.

Yeah, Ambitions looks pretty cool. How does it work though? Like do you get to see your person going to work and you tell them to do stuff :?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Seasons looks like its going to be amazing and i want it right now!
    Now im considering just waiting for Seasons, or getting Generations or Late Night.
  • Options
    cool_owl_city_rockcool_owl_city_rock Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited October 2012
    Generations. It adds so much to the game. Ambitions is fun, but I never really use it. Generations adds a lot for the toddlers/teens/children. Generations also gives the adults fun things too. Such as:
    Wedding Arch
    Wedding Cake
    Bachelor/Bachelorette parties
    Mid-Life Crisis
    Potion Table
    Clothes/Hair

Toddlers:
    Imaginary Friends
    Clothes/Hair
    Toys
    Spring Rider

Children:
    Imaginary Friends
    Clothes/Hair
    Toys
    Spring Rider
    Pranks
    After School Activities

Teens:
    Prom
    Mood-Swings
    Pranks
    After School activities
    Graduation
    Clothes/Hair
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Noodlez wrote:

Yeah, Ambitions looks pretty cool. How does it work though? Like do you get to see your person going to work and you tell them to do stuff :?

With a couple of jobs, yes. Others, you work from home.

Of course, it allows you to create things such as a time machine and drill for items in a yard, so it's not like you have to work all of the time if you choose to be self-employed (and you can actually make a lot of money once you invent the driller just by using it, plus all of the items you can find).

Oh, and be careful with Generations. I at first thought it looked cool. Now... it's the one I accidentally ignore the most (and the aspects of it I can't ignore I really, really wish I could). About the most useful feature of it, given its changes to children and teens, is the ability to dump them off at a boarding school so you don't have to deal with the more-problematic additions to the teen lifestage. It doesn't help that all of the good toys for children from Generations were reskinned and sold in Town Life Stuff.

I am not saying you shouldn't get it; I am saying it's nowhere near living up to its potential, and that it's the only EP I've seen that can be accidentally ignored. Just be careful.
  • Options
    anakyanaky Posts: 52 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Generations is my favorite, Supernatural is a close second.

I like the "problematic" children/teenagers, I think it makes the game more challenging. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    CoolLlamaCoolLlama Posts: 419 Member
    edited October 2012
    Also, you should check out the Lazy Game Reviewer because they are great reviews:
    World Adventures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_20qqAci8rg

You will find the others by him on the side , or just type in the top "Lgr [expansion/ stuff pack]" :wink:
  • Options
    susazsusaz Posts: 56 Member
    edited October 2012
    My fave is Late Night, it's very fun for a while :) I liked the celebrity thing a lot in the beginning. My least favorite is Generations, it's not my kind of EP at all, I don't play with kids and elders that much and my sims hardly ever get married :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Geez now im really confused.. Haha, everyone is like saying different things. I guess its just a matter of opinion. Im going to look around some more and see which one i would like. I think after a while any expansion pack could get boring, so its hard to pick one that i think i will like for a long time.
    They also kind of cost a lot so i dont want to buy one that i dont like.
  • Options
    KurisutiKurisuti Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited October 2012
    I like Supernatural the best so far. I have a thing for fairies. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Noodlez wrote:
    Geez now im really confused.. Haha, everyone is like saying different things. I guess its just a matter of opinion. Im going to look around some more and see which one i would like. I think after a while any expansion pack could get boring, so its hard to pick one that i think i will like for a long time.
    They also kind of cost a lot so i dont want to buy one that i dont like.

It all depends on what glitches you're willing to put up with. Plus, the addition of Pets can make World Adventures more difficult than necessary (random minor pets spawning in the place of certain bugs, and some of those bugs you can need for quest).

Research that, as I think that will affect your decision the most (and glitches are the second reason why Generations is probably one of the worst EPs due in particular to the one related to grounding, unless they fixed that one).
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2012
    Noodlez wrote:
    Hey guys!! I want to get another expansion pack but im not sure which one to choose. I only have pets right now.
    What is your favourite expansion pack? Which one is definitely worth buying??
    :)

Supernatural is the best TS3 expansion so far, in my opinion. :thumbup:

1. Supernatural ( the best )
    2. World Adventures
    3. Pets
    4. Late Night
    5. Ambitions
    6. Showtime
    7. Generations ( least favorite )
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited October 2012
    See, I don't have a favourite expansion pack as there's things in all of them I really love. Showtime is a little boring really, but the acrobat career is fun.

Depends on what you want in your game really as they're all different. It's like comparing ham and ice cream.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have 2 favorites. Generations and Supernaturals

I love what Generations adds since I lay legacy families and hen I love the lifestates and supernaturals that Supernatural adds
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2012
    im go with ambition cause i love the town so much!