Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance made DURING work

Last night I was playing with my Vampire, Tyrone McNasty, the one who likes to flip the bird while hunting,
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/597827.page#9591761
went to work as normal, he is in the Athletic Career in Riverview ,
been playing this game since BEFORE the latest patch--

(NO zombie fix in/ for this save game file :twisted: :thumbup: It's awesome! All the origonially 'child' & 'teen' sims are Young adult or older now)

Mind you, he's been in his career with the SAME Team Mates for a lttle while, at lvl 5 or 6 so far, and all the sudden as he gets out of work I get this Message.
"Tyrone McNasty got the Naughty Reputation."
I checked his MEMORIES and it said he 'BECAME Romantic with MaryKay Shallow'...
And he was currently ENGAGED to another lol, not just 'romantic'...
GETTING TO MY POINT, anyone else ever had this happen/ heard of a sim while at work, in an UNSEEN work-envirnment a sim getting romantic or even a step further even?
I thought unless a sim is/was outside of your household or you, yourself get a sim involved was the only way it gets involved.
NOT LOOKING FOR A FIX, as, in Supernatural these things are nothing, easily fixed without cheats or mods.
I just thought it was weird kind of funny, kind of cool and out of the blue!
Lol. She's been his teammate for a while and 'Best Friend' practicly from the beginning of joining the career and only NOW this happens, and NOT my doing, but while he is STILL part of my household lol.
I am wondering if it's typical but rare (as it's never happened before) or maybe a fluk?

Not about the Reputation, so I didn't post it here:
TOPIC: Naughty Reputation
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/597843.page
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShiromisaShiromisa Posts: 193
    edited October 2012
    If you read the thread you linked, the answer is in there.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/597843.page#9592275

Someone cast a love charm on your sim.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited October 2012
    Shiromisa wrote:
    If you read the thread you linked, the answer is in there.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/597843.page#9592275

Someone cast a love charm on your sim.

My sim works with some Fairy sims and one or two Normal sims. NO WITCH sims. So the chances/ odds of this I do believe would be zero. And I am playing in Riverview... Only sims who know 'Love Charm' are sims I have brought up to that point as witch sims don't seem to 'improve' on their magic on their own. So I KNOW who all the sims who can/ could cast the 'Love Charm' are. So I honestly don't think that is it at all.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited October 2012

The love charm lasts for a while, 24 hours I think. Also, it was likely cast by a townie before your sim got to work. The love charm makes the sim fall for the first sim they interact with.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited October 2012
    That's so funny! I haven't had this happen, but I kind of hope I do, just for the drama! Ha ha ha!
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited October 2012
    Something similar happened to one of my werewolf sims. I sent him to a party and as he started making friendly introductions to various sims, one female sim grabs him, kisses him, and next thing I know she's him romantic interest. I'm sitting there wondering what the heck just happened, when it struck me that one of them got hit with a Love Charm. It was definitely weird to watch, though.
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I use Master Controller to marry off my sims when they become young adults. Sometimes my teens have become romantically involved with someone and I chose someone else for them to marry.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    KatzMeowz wrote:
    The love charm lasts for a while, 24 hours I think. Also, it was likely cast by a townie before your sim got to work. The love charm makes the sim fall for the first sim they interact with.

For that/ this to happen it would have to STOP my sim on his way to work. The 'love charm' isn't like 'Make sim think of me' and an instant effect.
    You're just grasping at straws... EA comes out with a NEW instant love ability and EVERYONE wants to blame ALL romances on it.
    I takes time for the sim to cast it. Not it. Somehow my sim kissed her at work and it HAS NOTHING to do with the Love Charm.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    That's so funny! I haven't had this happen, but I kind of hope I do, just for the drama! Ha ha ha!

Lol right? So random and unexpected. And I know how you feel, the drama IS the best part of the game alot of times cause it keeps things interesting and exciting and keeps the player busy. =D
    DekrRini wrote:
    Something similar happened to one of my werewolf sims. I sent him to a party and as he started making friendly introductions to various sims, one female sim grabs him, kisses him, and next thing I know she's him romantic interest. I'm sitting there wondering what the heck just happened, when it struck me that one of them got hit with a Love Charm. It was definitely weird to watch, though.

Lol well, I keep a constant eye on my sim household, I knwo all their buffs and debuffs at all times... tend to keep it at just three or less sims most of the time to make this easy/ easier lol.
    So if you also think it was the Love Charm-- It wasn't. Unless EA has made it so sims with 'love charm' spell who are nowhere near anther said sim, can magically cast the love charm without any interaction happening, then no, no way my sims are getting hit by it without my knowing.

I don't like to let my sim act without knowing WHAT it's up to at all times lol. You let them think for themselves for too long and they waste time reading a book when they could be improving a skill or making a new friend... Or something slightly more constructive and never know when they are/ will drop an action(s) you've given them.
    Sometimes I will even just run a single sim household. Just one sim and no other sims to keep up with =P
    I hover over my sim's shoulder lol =P

Yes, I use Master Controller to marry off my sims when they become young adults. Sometimes my teens have become romantically involved with someone and I chose someone else for them to marry.

Lol, I guess some of those romances don't last then lol. I know over time sims who are married/ engaged or involved and have a romantic interest or two on the side eventually make a wrong move and the relationship goes strait down the toylet lol.
    Now, can you make a couple preggo with master controller though?
    Lol seems 98% of the time no family ever seems to become preggo on their own.. Annoying cause means over time it's just NEW families replenishing the town none of the previous generation's family in it at all...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Oh, probably should have mentioned... Outside of work he had when I let him do his own thing, he had used 'Flurt' interactions with MaryKay.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    ashadsashads Posts: 316 Member
    edited October 2012
    Kilov17 wrote:

Oh, probably should have mentioned... Outside of work he had when I let him do his own thing, he had used 'Flurt' interactions with MaryKay.

That would be why he got the Naughty Reputation. Romantic interactions (includes flirting) in public with another Sim.
  • Options
    ShiromisaShiromisa Posts: 193
    edited October 2012
    Okay then, perhaps the other sim was hit by a love charm before work. Seriously it's the only reasonable explanation, I'm not sure why you're so resistant to it.