Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death type

How does the Transmuted death work!!!!! The yellow one from supernatural? Please anwser it will drive me insane! :evil:

Comments

• Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited October 2012
    I BELIEVE it has to do with the LIFETIME WISH REWARD:
    'Philosopher's Stone' - 40,000 LTH

You have two options with it:

- Bind a spirit; put the ghost in your house as a playable SIM.

- Other allows you to turn things to gold...

I would assume the 'trasmuted' death has to do with this-- BUT I'm NOT 100% sure...

Additional:

At one time I thought the Midas Touch potion had/ would have the same result but... It just turns the sim to gold for a period of time. Doesn't even appear to last 24 sim hours... It's a useless potion, don't bother with it...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    ashadsashads Posts: 316 Member
    edited October 2012
    It happens when you use the Philosopher's Stone to turn something too cheap into gold. Your Sim turns to gold and dies leaving a nice $50, 000 statue of your Sim behind. If you have the Death Flower you can cheat death ANDget the nice statue. :)
  • Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yes, using the Philosopher's stone there is the chance that the transmute gold option will backfire and turn your sim to gold instead, killing them. I learned this the hard way :( lol
  • Options
    ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited October 2012
    From what I've heard, if the Philosopher's Stone fails to turn something into gold; it can instead turn the caster into gold. This can apparently result in death. I've also heard that Midas Touch can kill by transmutation, as well; but I haven't tested either of these, yet.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2012
    yes, I had the same issue as ShadeDaystar.

Oh, and you can get the philosopher's stone by getting to level 10 in the alchemy skill as well (and completing an opportunity chain)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    From what I've heard, if the Philosopher's Stone fails to turn something into gold; it can instead turn the caster into gold. This can apparently result in death. I've also heard that Midas Touch can kill by transmutation, as well; but I haven't tested either of these, yet.

In reguards to the Midas Touch potion
    I tried it, turned THREE different sims to gold, they ALL over time turned back to normal.. I was infuriated!
    Whoever told you it can kill a sim was/is a liar or just never tried it.

Oh, and you can get the philosopher's stone by getting to level 10 in the alchemy skill as well (and completing an opportunity chain)

Yeah... I've gotten sims to lvl 10 in the Alchemy skill, this is a false statement from what I've seen...
    I've only gotten it when I purchased it with LTH.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Kilov17 wrote:

I tried it, turned THREE different sims to gold, they ALL over time turned back to normal.. I was infuriated!

Yeah... I've gotten sims to lvl 10 in the Alchemy skill, this is a false statement from what I've seen...

Actually, I've gotten it from the Opportunity chain. Didn't even realise that's what it was until I got the item. I have another sim who has the Opportunity up at the moment. It starts with collecting five different bugs, I think and carrying them to the Science lab. There's another portion where you have to carry to the Arboretum. I can't remember all the steps. My current sim is at the first step. It's an easily missed opportunity.
  • Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've gotten it through the opportunity too. Only once though, because now when I get the opportunity I don't do it and just leave it there indefinitely because it shows you exactly what each item is without having to go pick it up :lol: depending on which opportunity you've got. It's made collecting sunstones way easier :P
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I've gotten it through the opportunity too. Only once though, because now when I get the opportunity I don't do it and just leave it there indefinitely because it shows you exactly what each item is without having to go pick it up :lol: depending on which opportunity you've got. It's made collecting sunstones way easier :P
    That's exactly why I haven't finished this one either. :lol: I'm not interested in the Philosopher's Stone right now.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ashads wrote:
    Kilov17 wrote:

Actually, I've gotten it from the Opportunity chain. Didn't even realise that's what it was until I got the item. I have another sim who has the Opportunity up at the moment. It starts with collecting five different bugs, I think and carrying them to the Science lab. There's another portion where you have to carry to the Arboretum. I can't remember all the steps. My current sim is at the first step. It's an easily missed opportunity.

You are talking about something called the Opportunity Chain... Where in my statement did I say anything about that?
    Yes, in the quote I copied there was something about this Oppertunbity chain but I said nothing about it... So, what did I ACTUALLY say, that you are commenting/ debating? I argued the Lvl 10 Alchemy skill thing, and I know I am right cause I've gotten to lvl 10 to alchemy skill a few times and got nothing!
    I also argued the Midas Touch thing as I have used it and know it has/ had no permanent/ killing effect. I speak from what I know.

BUT I never commented on this Opportunity Chain, as I know nothing of which you or the other person speak.
    So again, WHAT did I actually say are you are commenting on?
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    ShiromisaShiromisa Posts: 193
    edited October 2012
    Kilov17 wrote:
    ashads wrote:
    Kilov17 wrote:

You are talking about something called the Opportunity Chain... Where in my statement did I say anything about that?
    Yes, in the quote I copied there was something about this Oppertunbity chain but I said nothing about it... So, what did I ACTUALLY say, that you are commenting/ debating? I argued the Lvl 10 Alchemy skill thing, and I know I am right cause I've gotten to lvl 10 to alchemy skill a few times and got nothing!
    I also argued the Midas Touch thing as I have used it and know it has/ had no permanent/ killing effect. I speak from what I know.

BUT I never commented on this Opportunity Chain, as I know nothing of which you or the other person speak.
    So again, WHAT did I actually say are you are commenting on?
    There's no need to fight. Obviously you never got or completed the opportunity chain, which I'm assuming is the progression of certain opportunities--like the ones in cooking that lead to cheese and egg plants, then meat plants, then iirc omni plants. See, opportunities don't stand alone--think of them as levels, or steps on a stairway. That's the condition you haven't satisfied.

Either way, please calm down, you're being needlessly combative.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I got the stone from the opportunity chain...didn't realize it till after it was done. It will come up in the skill opportunity tab. And what another person said is correct...you will have to collect some bugs, then collect some stones, kinda like the simbot or changing the Imaginary friend to human type thing. You have to do a level of steps. Perhaps your sim is doing something else at the moment. This same sim is at level 10 gardener for quite awhile and has not yet received the opportunity to get the omni seed plant. I hope it happens for you soon. Good Luck.

Oh, and to the OP...I'm not sure if this was mentioned...but if you come back (ie present death with a death flower) you can even sell your previous "transmuted" body for cash :mrgreen:

Take care all...