Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack Suggestion

BoxerbabeBoxerbabe Posts: 58 New Member
Hello Simmers!!! I have a suggestion for maybe an expansion pack that could be in the future. Alrighty... here are some little things put together:

1.) Let your Sims be farmers... raise animals like cows, sheep, pigs, goats, horses, etc...
2.) If you're not the animal person then crops could be your lifestyle.
3.) Get up enough money through your farming career to buy things for your farm like (tractors, better feed for your animals, people to help you on the farm, and maybe a nice big sign advertising your farm).
4.) Sense this might be added to the Sims 3 then your traits could be helpful or not helpful on your farm (ex: if you're clumsy you could trip over the milk bucket, or if you're brave you could shoo off and coyote that comes wondering on your property, if you hate the outdoors then you will not succeed in any type of farming.)
5.) You can give your children (if you will have any) the option to hand down the farm.
6.) There will be no slaughtering on this farm... to get money on this Sims, you can either choose to sell the produce your animals or your crop produce by selling it at either the flea market. Or a small, medium, or large stand by the road.
7.) You can also enter your animals in the fair to win prizes, such as money, items, or maybe even another animal of that same type.
8.) The children can also get into the farming buisness at am early age by signing up at a local 4-H Club. They will learn things that will benefit the buisness. As they get better at it, so will their work on the farm.

I have many other ideas but will leave the rest of the imagination to the Simmers :)

Maybe this could be called: "Sims 3 Hard Work" Or something of the other. I'm hoping this maybe considered in the future. I'd LOVE to run my own farm and have lots of horses on it :D

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    I know there are alot of already Farm suggestions, but every since the beginning of Sims 2 I've always wanted to have a farm for my Sims. So... I don't believe I'm "stealing" anyone's ideas. I didn't peep at the ideas, before posting my own ideas about the things I read on here.

Just to clear that up :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hmmm.... I see everyone else commenting on other threads... why not mine? :roll:
  • Options
    firecat88firecat88 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The farm idea could be fun. Maybe it could be a combination of Pets (yay for the possibility of having horses and stuff as pets, instead of just cats and dogs) and Seasons (different crops have different growing periods, right?).
  • Options
    x01jess17xx01jess17x Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i love the idea of horses as pets! that would be so much fun. and maybe they could incorporate some kind of horse show type thing as a hobby or job. i am a competitive rider at my college so that is something i would def be interested in buying for my sims :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    firecat88 wrote:
    The farm idea could be fun. Maybe it could be a combination of Pets (yay for the possibility of having horses and stuff as pets, instead of just cats and dogs) and Seasons (different crops have different growing periods, right?).

Ooo yea I love the idea of different Seasons for different crops! Like maybe if you planted to late or to early then the crop dies, or isn't as good as it should be.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    x01jess17x wrote:
    i love the idea of horses as pets! that would be so much fun. and maybe they could incorporate some kind of horse show type thing as a hobby or job. i am a competitive rider at my college so that is something i would def be interested in buying for my sims :)

Yes! That would be awesome! I have a horse of my own and thinking about joining the drill team so that could be another option. :D

I'm going nuts right now with all the ideas coming into my brain. I'm actually seeing images of this maybe new EP :mrgreen:
  • Options
    sandywabbitsandywabbit Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I want an expansion that is similar to Sims Makin' Magic. I waited for one for Sims 2 and it never came :? Makin' Magic was my favorite <3

Edit: I never got Apartment life, but I know it had witches. I want an expansion totally focusing on magic, though.
  • Options
    pooh68893pooh68893 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That would be a awesome idea. and have season back again. Here a great idea how about they have like the bon voyage from teh sims 2 expansion pack they have a ski loge. do all kind of stuff you would do in the snow. or a Traveling one where u can travel to camp sites and drive around in your Rv or car and enjoy the world of the sims. :) or Travel on a boat or pirate ship and sail around. and a have a water sport pack with all water sport. enjoy :P
  • Options
    FelidaeEvolFelidaeEvol Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Should farm animals have their icon with the Sims? If we had only eight slots for Sims and all the animals then we wouldn't get many farm animals. I don't think we should have them as icons with the sims since we can't control them enough for it to matter. To find them on the property there could be a Pet Locator button that you click then pick the animal(s) you want to find.
  • Options
    katiek89katiek89 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think the idea is neat...however it's very Harvest moon like...Not that there is anything wrong with Harvest Moon!

I think if they did do that you should be able to also sell the animals, to make some more money that way, besides only from the produce.

I also wish they would make a makin magic it was seriously the best for sim 1 and I think they need another superstar also...they had the reputation thing but that wasn't even close to superstar!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also maybe there could be ways to make alot of money by selling the baby animals that get produced.

And even though it's LIKE harvest moon, doesn't mean it will be MADE like harvest moon. On HM... all you could do is feed, eat sometimes, harvest crops, and visit people; but on the Sims it's ALOT more options and fun stuff to do. So technically it wouldn't be like HM :)

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Should farm animals have their icon with the Sims? If we had only eight slots for Sims and all the animals then we wouldn't get many farm animals. I don't think we should have them as icons with the sims since we can't control them enough for it to matter. To find them on the property there could be a Pet Locator button that you click then pick the animal(s) you want to find.

I personally believe you should have as many animals as you want but only 8 Sims :)