Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

naughty reputation

My sim who is a werewolf and a private investigator suddenly got the naughty reputation. The only thing he did was talking to Beatrice Crumplebottom. All of a sudden a popupwindow appears and says that my sim Wolf Garlick and Beatrice Crumplebottom is in a romantic relationship and that he he´s got a naughty reputation. But my sim is engaged to my other sim Magrat Garlick. Very annoying! Has this happened to someone else?

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2012
    This happens ALL THE DANG TIME in Supernatural and it is SUPER irritating. So much so that I've taken to cheating in order to get the No Jealousy and Beyond Reproach LTRs in hopes of combating it. It ESPECIALLY happens if you have ANYTHING to do with the Crumplebottoms or if they are anywhere NEAR you at any time. And, to make matters worse, you CANNOT tell when a spell is being cast on your Sim nor can you tell WHO is casting it! That is the ONE thing I reallllly DISLIKE about this EP. It's completely ridiculous. My vampire got so sick of the Crumplebottoms that she declared war on them and used elixirs to turn them all into normal humans, thus robbing them of their witch powers. She now pretty much does the same thing to any witch that crosses her path.

Oh and weirdly, my poor Genie got the whammy thrown on her at a Sim Fest and ended up kissing a guy AND a girl she was talking to AT THE SAME TIME! I was so shocked that I didn't snap a pic of the 3-way kiss but I wish I had! AND it was her first kiss in the game so that REALLY sucked... despite the amusing novelty. LOL
  • Options
    rdhed1990rdhed1990 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited October 2012
    It happened on my Sims' wedding day. The girl had never even met who she supposedly cheated with but then my sims new husband demanded a divorce and it took even longer to repair the relationship. :?
  • Options
    srtaRamirezsrtaRamirez Posts: 33 New Member
    edited October 2012
    My Sim keeps charming himself with the love charm and now is know as a cheater. So tired of getting the clean slate LTR. His witch wife turned him into a toad, and cursed him with pestilence. Yeah she was angry, and constantly insulted him. I had to cheat and stop that when he got a divorce wish. Bummer. I agree this bites.
  • Options
    meri8119meri8119 Posts: 22
    edited October 2012
    this happens to me as well whenever anyone talks to beatrice crumplebottom. she always shows up on my lot trying to cast spells on my sims. I can't even ask her to leave.
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited October 2012
    meri8119 wrote:
    this happens to me as well whenever anyone talks to beatrice crumplebottom. she always shows up on my lot trying to cast spells on my sims. I can't even ask her to leave.

Bianca Crumplebottom isn't much better. She throws those love spells left and right :shock:
  • Options
    nitakissesnitakisses Posts: 129 New Member
    edited October 2012
    lol. Is that is what's happening with the Crumplebottoms. Beatrice is my sims boss and all of a sudden they are in a romantic relationship. All my sim was trying to do is make friends with her boss!
  • Options
    HothHoth Posts: 16 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Have you tried playing the Crumplebottoms? they just as bad when you play them, forever casting spells on them selfs and other, one them even killed one her sisters with fireball in my game. as for a bad rep for cheating, i will have to look but shes past cheating, something worse lol, Sent her clubbing and just watched what she would get up to, she cast love on herself and 5 other sims in one night out lol
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    I also turn all witches in town to human sims if they're not in my household and under my care. It is so unfortunate that EA has not provided players with some form of protection against charms. I have posted a thread requesting an amulet of protection against charms because of this issue. You can see the thread here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/593796.page and perhaps post your experience and thoughts on the matter. I would very much appreciate that!

On the matter of the Crumplebottoms specifically, I've had no troubles with them because they moved away from my town on one of the first days I was playing! I dodged a bullet--I've read nothing but bad things about them! Nonetheless, any autonomous witch is a problem with their stupid love charms, so I rob all witches of their magic abilities if they are not in my active household.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    perhaelperhael Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2012
    I keep reading about this problem and it's bizarre to me, because I've never had any of these issues. My witch is friends with the Crumplebottom sisters and visits them regularly, yet they have never cast any spells on her at all. She's only cast an autonomous love charm on herself once (fortunately for me there were no other Sims nearby). She conjures apples and plays with magic autonomously all the time, though.

I wonder why so many people are experiencing these problems and I'm not. Do any of you use the Story Progression mod? Because I do, and I thought maybe it influences the NPCs behavior or something.

Or maybe I'm just very lucky.

• Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited October 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:
    On the matter of the Crumplebottoms specifically, I've had no troubles with them because they moved away from my town on one of the first days I was playing! I dodged a bullet--I've read nothing but bad things about them! Nonetheless, any autonomous witch is a problem with their stupid love charms, so I rob all witches of their magic abilities if they are not in my active household.

Their constant meddling in magic makes them some of the most interesting sims :lol: Gives them personality, so to speak. I personally love having them around, despite their rather unfortunate spell choices.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited October 2012
    My sim has the Man Eater reputation. She has placed the love charm on 23 men in her town, she went a little wild there for a while. She is married, and her husband knows about all these other men, they show up in his relationship panel, but he has never met them.

This is what happens. My sim will put the Love Charm on a man, and then talk to him. He will in turn try to kiss her, but she has refused everyone of them, because she is involved with her husband. Her husband love his wife, and not once has he ever got mad at her for this.

When he woo-hoos with his wife he always gets a special mood boost (+25) that last for 5 hours. The moodlet is called, Woo-Hoo with a Don Juan.

And this is what it says,

"Incredible Time! Woah! Wowee! That was amazing! Experienced Sims really know what they're doing!"

I have totally disabled the celebrity part of my game, I'm sure that would have messed up things really bad. As far as actual cheating she has never done anything romantic with anyone except for her husband.
  • Options
    nitakissesnitakisses Posts: 129 New Member
    edited October 2012
    perhael wrote:
    I keep reading about this problem and it's bizarre to me, because I've never had any of these issues. My witch is friends with the Crumplebottom sisters and visits them regularly, yet they have never cast any spells on her at all. She's only cast an autonomous love charm on herself once (fortunately for me there were no other Sims nearby). She conjures apples and plays with magic autonomously all the time, though.

I wonder why so many people are experiencing these problems and I'm not. Do any of you use the Story Progression mod? Because I do, and I thought maybe it influences the NPCs behavior or something.

Or maybe I'm just very lucky.

I don't use any mods. Would like to but I am not to computer savvy. lol.
  • Options
    ShiromisaShiromisa Posts: 193
    edited October 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    My sim has the Man Eater reputation. She has placed the love charm on 23 men in her town, she went a little wild there for a while. She is married, and her husband knows about all these other men, they show up in his relationship panel, but he has never met them.

This is what happens. My sim will put the Love Charm on a man, and then talk to him. He will in turn try to kiss her, but she has refused everyone of them, because she is involved with her husband. Her husband love his wife, and not once has he ever got mad at her for this.

When he woo-hoos with his wife he always gets a special mood boost (+25) that last for 5 hours. The moodlet is called, Woo-Hoo with a Don Juan.

"Incredible Time! Woah! Wowee! That was amazing! Experienced Sims really know what they're doing!"

I have totally disabled the celebrity part of my game, I'm sure that would have messed up things really bad. As far as actual cheating she has never done anything romantic with anyone except for her husband.
    Ahahaha that is wonderful. I have a sim that needs that.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

LOL! That is so funny, and sweet too that your sim enchants these other men, just to reject them. I like that!

I will just add for the record that I do not play with any mods or cc and I am very much against them. Some players have a lot of issues with witches randomly casting love charms and messing up storylines and such. I play with the EA story progression on. I don't have issues with my active family being negatively effected by spells, but when sims move out of my household to start their own families, they sometimes have their entire lives ruined by a witch and a random love spell. It can be very sad to see a happy couple get divorced because of witch casting a spell during a family birthday party :(

I've now started getting the Above Reproach and No Jealousy rewards for my sims before they move out of the house, so I'm hoping I will have happier stories from now on. When my current master warlock is ready to leave the house, I would like him to retain his magic powers because he just wouldn't be the same character without them. I just would not want to see him ruin everyone's lives once he's out on his own!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    CanineGallowsCanineGallows Posts: 337 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I had the naughty reputation problem last night. I made my sim use the love charm on himself to try and learn some new spells and I made him ring up another sim he works with, their relationship shot up but he must have been flirting with her or something.